Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I agree that Dead Roots Stirring was their best. I wasn't a big fan of Lore, but I do enjoy this album more.

I still love them. I even went so far as to order a t-shirt from them a few months ago, and I hadn't worn a band's t-shirt since high school. The lead guitarist/vocalist went so far as to e-mail me and make sure he had my address right before sending it, as I live in Korea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
This is gonna be a weird question, but maybe someone can help out.

Does anyone know bands with merchandise shipping from Europe to Asia? I want to get some cool t-shirts now that I'm officially middle-aged, but I live in Asia. It looks like USPS international shipping starts at 20 bucks, which is ridiculous.

A few years ago I ordered a shirt from Elder and shipping was only 6 bucks from Germany, which is much more reasonable. The lead singer was the one doing the shipping, and he even e-mailed me to check the address.

So where can I get some cool shirts that doesn't require me paying more for the shipping than the shirt itself?

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
It has taken me a long time, but I finally get Thou.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Laserface posted:

gently caress yeah dude. It was me, the aussie stoner doom lord.

Witchcraft by jack harlon is also sick as hell

drat, this is a really good album.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Laserface posted:

Hymns or self titled? Self titled production is a bit rough but the songs slap live. They have a huge sound that really pushes the riffs to new heights of heavy.

I posted a livestream of theirs a few pages back too. Features two other cool fuzz/psych bands.

Was talking about Hymns. I’ll have to give the rest a listen!

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I was also in the anti-Thou vocals crowd. But one day I was angry or something and it just clicked. I can’t listen to them all the time, but when I’m in the mood they are awesome.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
King Buffalo is going to release three full-length records this year.

Pretty excited about this. They've become one of my favorites.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Laserface posted:

Jack Harlon and the Dead Crows are teasing the test pressing of their new album on Instagram and it sounds cool as fuckin heck.

Side B sounds very very good. I might have to see what their shipping to Korea is like.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Also really enjoying the new Jack Harlon.

On Instagram a few months ago they played the transition from De La Luna to Rat Poisoning, and drat, it does kick rear end. Probably my favorite part of the album.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Laserface posted:

Its certainly not anything like traditional doom or stoner, Im putting it in the heavy psych category myself, similar to Dead Roots Stirring by Elder.

I am apparently a big fan of heavy psych. What other albums would people recommend in this category?

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
King Buffalo also dropped their new album today!

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I really like the live version of Halcyon. That was my favorite track off of Omens.

The new King Buffalo has grown on me. I didn't like it that much at first, but it hits the right spots. I think the problem is that it came out after the new Jack Harlon and the Dead Crows. The Magnetic Ridge may end up being my album of the year.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

hatelull posted:

King Buffalo have been hanging out in a cave and will release more new material soon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK3Q6PIQFaw

I knew about the album and was already ready for it based on the concept and cover art alone, but I hadn’t seen this video. I am now very very excited for this.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

bare bottom pancakes posted:

Saw Motorhead live at a festival with Slayer and Slipknot, and at several points Lemmy joked that it was too quiet and turned everything up. Definitely the loudest show I've been to.

I’m genuinely curious, how do bands that play so loud have any hearing left?

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

big scary monsters posted:

I liked Burden of Restlessness fine but I was starting to think they'd never match Longing to Be the Mountain again. I think this is a better album though.

It’s still early so we will have to see how long I keep listening to it, but yeah, I really like this album. Pretty much everything King Buffalo puts out is awesome. Each track is somehow unique and great in its own way.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Please keep derailing the thread with your cover art. It’s how I find out about new releases! Plus it’s really cool.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Very jealous. Did they play anything new? And by that I mean post-Magnetic Ridge. I think I’ve seen some mixing and production posts on their instagram.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Yeah I echo pretty much everything else. Dead Roots Stirring is still my favorite, but I still like what they do. They just released that track today OP, that’s why you’re only hearing it now!

King Buffalo is like an opposite Elder for me. Every new release becomes my favorite album.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I like the new Elder album. I like everything they do pretty much. Nothing will ever compare to Dead Roots Stirring though.

King Buffalo has definitely surpassed them as my favorite band though. Regenerator is just so perfect.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
So Boris just released a new album.

https://boris.bandcamp.com/album/fade

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
It seems like they will also be releasing a RSD version or something.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I enjoyed that even in the studio the shirt must come off. Plus the pan down to show it all off at one point.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Dead Roots Stirring is such a good album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Good morning from April 19th. Had a nice cup of coffee, and now a little Bongripper for breakfast. With some High on Fire for dessert. Today is a good day.