Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chest3r
Dec 8, 2003
nutsack.

MrBling posted:

Kinda depends on what you're looking for.

There are two compilations of their 70s material out there, "First Daze Here" and "First Daze Here Too" which are great and after that you probably want their debut album. If you look hard enough you should be able to find the 2CD release that combines the debut (was selftitled but then re-released as Relentless) with the second album "Day of Reckoning". Most people tend to stop after that.

As a related act I can also recommend picking up Bedemon's "Child of Darkness" album, Bedemon was sort of an early 70s spin-off of Pentagram and is also great. The release is all demo sessions though, as nothing was officially released now.

Barely on topic here but... Razor Ramone was at the Flea Market in my town this weekend signing autographs at the metal band shirt/wrestling figure/G.I. Joe booth (your avatar)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chest3r
Dec 8, 2003
nutsack.

West posted:

Unfortunately, Bad Actor called it quits after our show with Brutal Truth in December.

However, a new band has formed but has yet to be named. In the mean time I've started Orlandooom.com and been promoting some exciting shows in Orlando. Complete with custom flyer designs by Keith Carlson:

You guys really need to schedule shows to cater to my work week... I will make it out there some time soon I hope! Also, Let me know what happens with this new band forming.

Chest3r
Dec 8, 2003
nutsack.
Just saw Big Business and Torche, GREAT as always. The openers, Helms Alee were superb too AND 2/3 chick, had no idea! Now I get YOB/Dark Castle/Hollow Leg on the 22nd WOOOOOOO

Chest3r
Dec 8, 2003
nutsack.

Diseased Yak posted:

I'm a bit late to the beardgasm, I know, but holy gently caress does the new YOB kick all manner of rear end. I can't wait to buy the vinyl.

I'm starting to think YOB might very well be my favorite band. They simply can do no wrong.

Saw them in Orlando Friday, The singer/guitarist was a cool dude just walking around watching the local openers and drinking with dudes. Then he proceeded to crush the gently caress out of everyone in attendance. Awesome.

Chest3r
Dec 8, 2003
nutsack.

Friends Are Evil posted:

About to go see Boris, I'm really excited for it.

Me too Orlando buddy!

Chest3r
Dec 8, 2003
nutsack.

nosophoros posted:

This could very well be known to all of you but it's new to me and this is some great stuff:

http://soundcloud.com/sch0ber/eagle-twin-crow-hymn !
Eagle Twin is awesome, yes. Been mentioned a few times I think/hope

Chest3r
Dec 8, 2003
nutsack.
Did you guys see this??

quote:

LATE NEWS: UNCLE ACID TO SUPPORT BLACK SABBATH!

We are honoured to announce we'll be supporting our masters throughout Europe and the UK. We owe them so much, and we shall not disappoint. See you all soon!

SABBATH DATES:
20-Nov Finland Helsinki Hartwall Arena
22-Nov Sweden Stockholm Friends Arena
24-Nov Norway Oslo Telenor Arena
26-Nov Denmark Copenhagen Forum
28-Nov Netherlands Amsterdam Ziggo Dome
30-Nov Germany Dortmund Westfalenhalle
02-Dec France Paris Bercy
04-Dec Germany Frankfurt Festhalle
07-Dec Czech Republic Prague O2 Arena
10-Dec UK London O2 Arena
12-Dec UK Belfast Odyssey Arena
14-Dec UK Sheffield Motorpoint Arena
16-Dec UK Glasgow Hydro
18-Dec UK Manchester Arena Manchester Arena
20-Dec UK Birmingham LG Arena
22-Dec UK Birmingham National Indoor Arena

From their Facebook

Chest3r
Dec 8, 2003
nutsack.

Shakenbaker posted:

Oh please come to Florida oh please oh please :pray:

Yes please. I'm out of the loop or it's the normal dry season for shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chest3r
Dec 8, 2003
nutsack.

Possibly Chicken posted:

Stoner/Doom/Sludge: gently caress the South :suicide:

Yup, living in Florida usually means "Well, the closest show is in ohio... yay"