Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

They also recorded Black Sabbath in about a day basically live in the studio. Ozzy had a cold which is why he sounds kind of husky on it.

I’m going to be listening to nothing but Sabbath for like a fortnight now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

Juaguocio posted:

I think someone might have brought up the Latin funk band Brownout's album of Sabbath covers, but it definitely deserves another mention: http://brownout.bandcamp.com/album/brownout-presents-brown-sabbath

This is loving spectacular.

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

Fly McCool posted:

loving pro-click. Exactly what I'm after.

I didn't realize that "Stoner/Doom" rock was a genre (in the words of Brant Bjork, "there's just good rock albums") but I'd been listening to Jalamanta for years and years before I realized Bjork was the drummer for Kyuss, which got me into them.

I dig the Sabbath-esque, twangy (?) sounds of Kyuss, The Obsessed, and some of Bjork's solo work. Who are some other bands within the genre that veer towards more of a "rock and roll" sound versus a heavier one?

There are a few Clutch albums you might like, specifically Pure Rock Fury and Blast Tyrant (especially this one).

Also, Monster Magnet - namely Dopes to Infinity and Powetrip (I only just recently got into these guys myself after a few false starts).

And Earth - Pentastar, In the Style of Demons.

The Greenleafs - Nest of Vipers.

Lowrider (they broke up a long time ago but they did a split with Nebula and an album that was really good. Utterly shameless Kyuss worship).