Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm happy to announce the inception of Orlandooom DOT COM.

Here's a short bio:

quote:

Founded in the swamps of Orlando, Florida in 2010. It is our mission to support and unite musicians from Florida while simultaneously promoting a stronger national heavy music scene.

We bring touring and regional Sludge, Hardcore, Doom Metal, Grindcore, Progressive Metal and other forms of thought provoking music to Orlando. We also promote and assist hard working unsigned and signed artists looking to share their tenacity with the rest of the planet.

Our services include:
- Booking (All Across Florida. We also offer referrals into other states)
- Promotion
- Electronic Promotion
- Show Reviews (with photos!)
- Video Interviews
- Live Performance Video/Photos (In Multiple Areas!)
- Album Reviews
- Artwork and Layouts
- Internet Radio Hype (courtesy of Mykel Colby)
- Amateur Dentistry

Check out our artist roster for free tunes from some heavy unsigned bands :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Kilometers Davis posted:

I love Dopefight but I can't help but think their album is really, really repetitive. It would work better as an EP. Maybe i'm not getting high enough.

You aren't high enough.

Haven't been here in awhile due to scholastic time wasting and the creation of my website.

Shroud Eater just pressed a final 50 copies of their debut LP, check out where you can get one and spin their tunes here: http://orlandooom.com/2011/05/04/shroud-eater-second-pressing/

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Idioteque Dance posted:

Welcome back :)

Same goes for you, if you want any new Bad Actor stuff to plug that you want in the OP.

Unfortunately, Bad Actor called it quits after our show with Brutal Truth in December.

However, a new band has formed but has yet to be named. In the mean time I've started Orlandooom.com and been promoting some exciting shows in Orlando. Complete with custom flyer designs by Keith Carlson:

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Dyna Soar posted:

We just got added to the Orlandooom roster. Check out our kvlt metal band pic here: http://orlandooom.com/

Also isn't one of the dudes from Consular a goon? Expose yourself!

Yep, Matt Cleer is!

I didn't know you were in Woodrue! I own Orlandooom.com :)

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Crimsonjewfro posted:

Also, then, what the gently caress is sludgecore? :psyduck: I've seen this term being thrown around, I think, to describe 13 and even Isis' early stuff, IIRC.

When I think "sludgecore" I think Fistula.

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Man Made, a psychedelic stoner metal band from St.Pete Florida, just released a video.

Check it out here.

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Clean Cup posted:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=162051 AHHHHHHH NEW BLACK SABBATH WITH ORIGINAL LINE UP.

So much blood rushed to my penis that it exploded.

Beat me to it, but yeah totally stoked for this. Hoping for Florida date(s).

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Primate, featuring members of Mastodon, Brutal Truth, and The Despised, are touring the southeast next month.

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The Atlas Moth has their new record streaming on Pitchfork.

Figured this would catch some interest :)

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Cough (Relapse Records) will be playing a handful of shows in Florida this Labor Day Weekend.

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

QPZIL posted:

Further south than Florida?

Like... South America?

Cough put on a really righteous show, any FL goons should go.

We'll also have a follow up show that Monday with Cough in Orlando, FL.

It's Web Comic Wednesday! Today's joke is brought to you by Boris, Scion A/V, Orange Amps and Fangs Anal Satan.

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Holy poo poo

[img]http://orlandooomdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/296533_257993900891188_121866854503894_952898_7500021_n.jpg?w=400&h=540][/img]

Read the full story on this masterpiece of a festival here.

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Brutal Truth counts as Stoner Metal, right?

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Got a chance to check out the new Rwake a couple weeks early. It rips, writhes and smokes you into oblivion.

Easily my new favorite for 2011.

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Dyna Soar posted:

^ Really looking forward to that one, maybe I should preorder.

Do it, they have OLIVE vinyl! :D

In other news, I caught this band Swamp Ruins in Orlando last week with Cough. Holy poo poo. They covered all of their gear in insect infested moss, and also cooked over a gallon of Floridian canal water in a crock pot to make the entire room smell of vile wretched swamp.

Check out their tunes on bandcamp here.

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Thalamus posted:

I can't remember if I found this here or not, so hopefully this isn't a repost. A band called Trippy Wicked from the UK has been posting some acoustic covers of some stoner doom songs, and they're loving awesome.

Dragonaut - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5HEXKtUK18

They also have an album and EP out of their own stuff, which are also awesome, so check it out.

http://www.trippywicked.com/
http://trippywicked.bandcamp.com/album/movin-on

Will be checking this out, thanks!

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

flamingdawg posted:

mastodon have been wack for years.

Not as whack as your lack of justification thereof.

In other news, my friend Keith drew a comic about Matt Pike today.

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Idioteque Dance posted:

Weedeater are fuckin' great live, and the only band that for me have come close to Sunn O))) in terms of sheer volume. Definitely go for it.

Agreed! Was Dave shooting fireworks at the crowd?

Southern sludge phenoms Junior Bruce, featuring members of Bloodlet, released two songs from their upcoming debut LP on A389 Recordings.

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Review for the new Black Tusk LP, Set the Dial, out October 25th.

It rips pretty loving hard.

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Bloody Panda’s New Remix Album: Another Awesome Name Your Price Download.

Anyone given this a listen yet?

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Juaguocio posted:

I also can't complain about the setlist, which featured nearly every song off Sky Valley as well as the aforementioned "Fatso." There were lots of subtle little changes from the recorded songs, and most of them were pretty cool. At the end of Kyuss's set, they went straight from "El Rodeo" into "100°" with no transition whatsoever, and I was blown away. Overall, it was a great show.

Can I just say that I'm quite jealous since this isn't coming to Florida? Glad you had an awesome time.

In honor of "Buy Nothing Day" I give you [b]Sea Bastard[b] who's newest LP is available for a "Name Your Price" download.

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Any Florida goons going to catch Jucifer, House of Lightning and friends tomorrow night in Orlando?

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

aliencowboy posted:

Album art for the new Municipal Waste. Hopefully it'll be better than Massive Aggressive.

[Awesome Picture]

Astronaut artery indigestion.

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Wanted to share some information about a new compilation being released tomorrow by Satanik Recordings.

It's entitled Swamp Abyss Sorcery and it contains some of the finest examples of independent heaviness native to Florida in recent history.

Bands included are: Shroud Eater, Druid Lord, Fatal, Hollow Leg(ex-Bloodlet), Orbweaver(ex-Hate Eternal), Flyingsnakes, Hot Graves, Party Time, Extremely Rotten, Holly Hunt(ex-Floor), and my band: Fire in the Cave.

edit: Click here for a free download of the comp!

West fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Feb 14, 2012

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Fruits of the sea posted:

Awesome, Kylesa is exactly what I was looking for!

I feel like I should really like Mastodon, but a lot of their stuff is too proggish for my taste. It sounds like they are ready to burst into a wild keyboard solo at any time.

Or just listen to Remission to avoid rampant keyboarding.

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I'm really digging Pallbearer thanks for the recommendations!

It's pretty rad.

On a coincidental note, this dumb poo poo redditor thinks I'm a member of Pallbearer.

This is the last time I cross post reviews on that poo poo hole.

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
My band Fire in the Cave just released our debut self-titled EP. It's set for a "Name Your Price" download on our Bandcamp page.

Soak up the swamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Found about this sweet band from Ottawa yesterday called BIIGPIIGWAN.

Dig on it.