Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power

Crimsonjewfro posted:

dISEMBOWELMENT - Transcendence into the Peripheral - really puts the "death" part in "death/doom", deep growls, harsh guitars, blast beats and all.

Great record. The 3xLP Box Set was a great purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power
Wouldn't really call Red Sparrows sludge.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power
If anyone has a band that released record in the last year and wants it reviewed on stereokiller.com shoot me a PM.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power
The new sourvein record "fang" rips pretty hard. Check it out as soon as you can.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power
loving Sedir - For Winter Fire rips. Grab that poo poo when it drops. Looks like they don't even have any old poo poo on the web, but here is their face book.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Seidr/167176866665923

Sounds like Asunder mixed with Alcest. But more like Asunder.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power
A full set of New Jersey’s Sadgiqacea devastating KFN with their blend of psychedelic sludge. Drop acid and bang your head.

Sadgiqacea @ KFN 2-23-2011

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power
Second track had some poppy dance poo poo going on. I wish Boris wasn't so out of their mind. So many good records in the past and I feel like everything recently has been awful. Their newer fan base is wretched as well.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power

amplifier worship posted:

I honestly can't stop listening to INVASION. gently caress, that's some good poo poo right there. Sadgiqacea is pretty boss too, is that a joke on a plant name? Sounds like it. Sagi: prescience, cacia: herb.

Im not sure on the exact origination but they are heavily nature influenced.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power

Grey Dynamite posted:

Honestly, I prefer a Boris that's taking risks and producing varied albums- even if not all the tracks are individually strong- to one that just rests on its laurels. Some really good stuff on Heavy Rocks for me so far, but it's odd that most of the stuff I'm liking the most is towards the end- Heavy Rocks the First was the other way round for me.

I'd certainly prefer them to write interesting music, but they've been going overboard with crappy songs.

Smile was great. Everything since then has been awful.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I can just imagine them playing this in front of a group of sweaty European/American neckbearded folk.
:allears:

When they played all those songs from their Singles and people started jumping up and down and yelling poo poo like "Play a fast one" during songs off Rainbow and Smile, I knew the band wasn't gonna be doing much for me anymore.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power

blue.eyed.ash posted:

I don't understand all the hate for the singles - "8" may be a better post-Pink single than "Floorshaker," and Vol. 3 is pretty great, too. I get that "H.M.A." and "Black Original" are out there (and good lord, how many versions of Black Original are there now) as far as Boris goes, but they aren't like "end of the world" awful. I'd rather listen to them than the crust-rock version of Vein, for example.

Just look at it like people who won't listen to Electric Wizard post Dopethrone. Some times a band releases a record or two so good, it's hard to move on.

I personally love everything EW has done, but I know a fair amount of people who consider each record afterwards to be a slow decline.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power
The sword are really good live.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power

plester1 posted:

Rosetta is my absolutely favorite post-metal band. Their full lengths are The Galilean Satellites, Wake/Lift, and A Determinism of Morality. They're all great.

The Galilean Satellites comes as a 2-disc set, one metal album and one ambient. Play them together in sync and its absolutely massive.

Rosetta is good stuff. Their guitar player is my Amp tech. Which has currently left me sans one of my heads while they tour Europe.

Big fan of Panopticon, Oceanic and Wavering Radiant from isis.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power

Dyna Soar posted:

New YOB rules.

It's ashame they are boring as all hell live. Same tempo, same volume, no dynamics. Fell asleep at the bar.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power

plester1 posted:

That's awesome, I met him once at a show in Denver and we just talked shop about amps and about how he was jumping ship from his job at Penn to do the tech thing full time. I later ended up buying a bunch of his gear like an LPB2ube and some speakers. My pedal chain is basically cribbed from his blog.

Nice. He's a real good dude, and is one of the few people who actually knows his poo poo in the area. Very honest, and fair.

He's gonna have to rebuild my JCM 900 that I blew up but it's a 20 year old head, and I love the sound so I'm gonna dump a ton of money into it. (new chips, bigger transformer, new tubes, etc). Can't wait to play it again as I love that thing, but can't complain about having a Model T as my alternate.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power

HATEPOSTING posted:

Maybe don't go sit at the bar next time?

I would have fell asleep standing up.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power

Asnorban posted:

And completely opposite I thought they were great live. They could have come out and played just the Great Cessation and I would have been happy.

That seems to be the general consensus. Don't mind me, just over heat hatin'.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power
To be fair if you want to "support the artist" you gotta buy Vinyl directly from them. Especially whilst the band is touring. Distros and Labels get all the money from web-store/record store sales

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power
Boris is likely real boring at this point.

But I'm only a fan of everything up to smile, and not everything is my favorite at that. I want walls of riffs, and Michio Kurihara solos not dance parts.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power
I can't believe people are actually complaining about volume.

Amplifier Warfare.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power
Just dropping in to post about a split released by some friends.

Sadgiqacea Side: http://sadgiqacea.bandcamp.com/
Grass Side: http://sludgegrass.bandcamp.com/

You can read my review of it here should you need some words to convince you: http://www.stereokiller.com/newsreviews/article.cfm?Review=Sadgiqacea%2FGrass-Split&intarticleid=10758

If you're in the Philadelphia area you should check out AuralWarfare: http://www.facebook.com/AuralWarfare?ref=ts

A collective of Philadelphia area musicians who are using that name to promote touring music that comes through the city. We are also going to eventually be releasing tapes/cds/vinyl, but that's something for the future. Mostly going to be for our own endeavors but I'm hoping to help out another band or two down the line.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power
So if you're a fan of white hills and in the philly area they are playing tomorrow.

http://www.facebook.com/events/268103439886364/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power

Idioteque Dance posted:

Really like the new High on Fire on first listen, I've had problems getting into them in the past - never held my attention much apart from the odd standout track.

I'm in the same boat as well. All of my friends love them, I love all of their influences, and I love Matt Pikes guitar playing but I've only ever been able to get into the first record, and I've seen me a good for or five times and been bored to death each time.

I liked the half of this record I got to hear.