Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
I'd like to take the opportunity to promote this indie duo's brand of slow dark psychedelic doomy crawls. They're called, Beast In The Field and they're from Michigan. Heavy stuff and wickedly evil!

http://www.myspace.com/beastinthefield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

QPZIL posted:

This right here. I saw UFOTofuTacoCat and said hello, but didn't see a Nokturnal Mortum shirt - sorry Gulps.

I took pictures, I'll post them when I develop and scan the film.

Also I think I'm in love with Stevie Floyd, but that's not news.

Being 2+ hours away from the show and it being a weeknight I just sat at home and listened to Atema. Yeah, it's pretty drat great.

BTW, I love Stevie Floyd more. Stay away. She's mine.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

QPZIL posted:

Not in NC it seems :(

Actually...

Wolves in the Throne Room
Greensboro, NC, Legitimate Buisness - Sunday Sep 18th
Playing with: Mt. Eerie, Megaton Leviathan

Enjoy!!!

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Anyone else heard the new Saint Vitus single, Blessed Night yet? I'm feeling it.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

ruddiger posted:

Going to see Melvins tonight at the Troubadour in LA, can't wait to hear Buzz with the dudes from Big Business in the lineup, their last album was really loving good.

Melvins - A History of Bad Men

Honestly, I think this new EP they put out last month, The Bulls and the Bees, is some of the best material they've ever recorded. Makes me even more excited to hear the new full length in June.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

VELOUR SPACESUIT posted:

Haven't seen any talk about the new Beast in the Field album on here yet... BEAST IN THE FIELD IS PUTTING OUT A NEW ALBUM.

Seriously, they are one of my favorite bands and I can't wait for the new album. Here is a video for the first song off the Goat Isle Seance.

Anybody else care for them?

Yeah, been into Beast in the Field for a while now. Great band! Actually, Goat Isle Seance is their debut that was released a few years back. They're just re-releasing it on vinyl next month. It's a good chance to grab it again. They're more like a evil psychedelic instrumental doom. Great music to just put on the background and do anything evil. Cool guys. They sent me a proof print of the shirt they released with their last album, Lucifer, Bearer of Light. I wear it proudly and get lots on inquiries. I really wanted to see them when they were opening for fellow Michigan natives, The Black Dahlia Murder, but... yeah...

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
I was kinda bummed to hear about Unearthly Trance calling it quits, but then I discovered that we get all the members of Unearthly Trance + Tim Bagshaw (ex-Electric Wizard, Ramesses) in a new group called, Serpentine Path?

Excellent!

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Metanaut posted:

Finally got my copy of Advaitic Songs and oh my :swoon:

Om keeps getting better by every album.

I just read that the Om tour has been postponed due to injury. What gives?

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Derek of the Andes posted:

Can Anyone recommend bands similar to Acid Bath and 16?

Soilent Green

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Baroness is NOT playing. They've canceled all touring for the rest of 2012.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Not sure it's really worth the 10+ years it took to produce, but the new Bedemon album is pretty drat interesting if you're an old school Pentagram fan.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Morbid Florist posted:

They only had one "album" you can find before this, right? (It's got a little girl on the cover if I recall)

If I have that, do I need this new one?

RIght. That was a compilation of various demos, bootlegs and what nots they they officially released in like 2005. This is a whole "new" album of material that was initially started in 2002 by original guitarist Randy Palmer. He also played guitar for Pentagram in the 70s and 80s. Just a few months after they began recording this album, he was killed in an automobile accident. This is the finished work 10 years later. If you liked the classic doom sound of the first couple of Pentagram albums, you should enjoy this. Some great riffs!

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Keith Kirkum (former?) has impregnated a wife witch?!?!? This cannot end well.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Listening to The Sword always makes me want a '70's model Dodge van with a spaceship landing on some unknown planet or a Frank Frazetta painting airbrushed on the side or it and a mattress in the back with wall to wall black light posters. I'll always adore this band for that.

:2bong:

Hell yeeeeeeeeah...

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
The new Graveyard album, Lights Out, rawks out! It's more of the same, but oh so good psychedelic swedish rock. I'd like to see these guys do a US tour with Witchcraft (again?).

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Nope, Josh Homme keeps the brawls in the bars where they belong.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Corrosion of Conformity have a new EP called Megladon out today (11/13/12). If you liked their new S/T album that was released earlier this year, you should enjoy this too.

Giant dinosaur sharks are loving awesome!!!

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

rxcowboy posted:

Side note: Going to Deathfest this year, buying the re-release tickets on the 15th when they go on sale. Can't loving wait.

I think Weedeater has pretty much solidified my decision to go this year.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
The new Cough / Windhand split, Reflection of the Negative, is the blackest sludge and most doomy bleakest 35 minutes evah!!! Rock on RVA!!!

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Have you ever pondered what the doomier love child of The Sword and Gates of Slumber would sound like? It's called, Kröwnn. They're a three piece from Italy and they play an old brand of doom metal lyrically based on the fantasy works of Howard and Tolkien.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Polegrinder posted:

What are some of the better female fronted doom/stoner bands out there? I've had Windhand on heavy rotation since 2010 when they put out the Practice Space demo, High Priest of Saturn is another I like, I have Devil's Blood, Rituals of the Oak, The Wounded Kings, etc. I'm just feeling like I'm missing some. I like the way the female vocals sound against the heavy crushing riffs. Hopefully stuff that is painfully slow and heavy.

Thanks

While I do love me some Windhand and anxiously await their new release, Royal Thunder (Atlanta) is currently filling all my female fronted rock goodness and I'm busting nuts over the songs I've heard for the new Kylesa album. Vaginas rock!

Baron Von Ghoulosh fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 12, 2013

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Polegrinder posted:

I was asking about female fronted DOOM bands and look what I found, HELA. Really cool band!

Wow, great find! While it falls more in line with 60's and 70's psychedelia / doom, I'm really looking forward to the new Purson album. Her voice...

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

The Hopscotch Festival has released the line-up: http://hopscotchmusicfest.com/news/post/2013-hopscotch-lineup-announced/

Besides Sleep and Gorguts can anyone point me to any other heavier bands on that list? With the exception of Sleep this line-up doesn't seem to have the metal that the previous year had.

ASG is a stoner metal band from NC that plays tunes chock-full of juicy meaty riffs.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
The entire new Purson album, The Circle and the Blue Door, is now streaming here. It's like an evil Abby Road.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Worship Satan and the mighty doom laden riffs of the Demon Lung!!!

Their debut album, The Hundredth Name, drops on June 4th from Candlelight Records.

If one tune isn't enough to convince you, here's another...

Eyes of Zamiel

Baron Von Ghoulosh fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 24, 2013

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

nomapple posted:

If you liked Beastwars, and you're still hungry for more riff, I would strongly suggest listening to PYRES.

I freaking loved the Beastwars album, Blood Becomes Fire. I'm only halfway through the Pyres stream and already seriously considering pre-ordering the vinyl/shirt combo. Thanks for this!

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
So, Monster Magnet is resurfacing this year. They have a new album dropping in October with a US tour at the end of the year.
Check out a new track, The Duke (of Supernature),here. I still crank Superjudge out from time to time. 60's psychedelia space rock goodness.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

ethan posted:

I'm stoked that Windhand are opening for them when they come here.

The new Windhand album has completely blown my mind. I wish we were getting Windhand, but I'll be glad to finally see Doomriders too.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

nerve posted:

They replaced GoS with Bloody Hammers.

Never heard of them, thoughts?

Their debut was pretty decent. Their new album, Spiritual Relics, is even better.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Juaguocio posted:

Anyone have any nominations for album of the year?

I'm a big fan of Windhand, but I didn't see Age of Taurus' Desperate Souls of Tortured Times get mentioned nearly enough within the doom metal circles this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZm5g_jmj0k

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
The new Pilgrim album, II: Void Worship, sounds really gently caress'in promising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99pI_HTU0P8

To celebrate it's release, they're opening for one of Scott "Wino" Weinrich's many bands, Spirit Caravan.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Wow, after The Devil's Blood broke up, I just kind of assumed this guy would become a full time member of Watain.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Allen Wren posted:

I can't believe That Metal Show actually gave what might be a good rec (I watch it for the comedy value), but I am liking this one from Mount Salem:

http://soundcloud.com/metalbladerecords/mount-salem-lucid

I've really enjoying this. There's not a bad track on the album, but I throughly enjoy the track Hysteria. Unapologetic Black Sabbath worship with Heart vocals.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Personperson14 posted:

It owns by the way. Sounds nothing like a band that hasn't released anything in 15 years.

It is very good and well worth the wait. No one does the black flag / black sabbath mish mash like Eyehategod. It's gently caress'in filthy!

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Oliver Reed posted:

And while they're industrial or whatever, I assume most people here enjoy Godflesh?

Then you may be interested in hearing this.

http://pitchfork.com/news/55284-godflesh-return-with-new-ep-decline-and-fall-share-ringer/

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Seeing Eyehategod tonight with Ringworm and Enabler. Anyone else gone to this tour yet?

Nope. Missed it when they came through my neck of the woods, but that new Ringworm release is drat fine! I wouldn't even consider myself a hardcore fan either. Hammer of the Witch sounds more like Napalm Death's most recent releases.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Idioteque Dance posted:

On a side note, I noticed they've made amazing new artwork for TGBR and HK:

Yeah, the full layout of Miserable is pretty rad too. It's painted with the tears of cancer patients.

Baron Von Ghoulosh fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jul 9, 2014

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

...and a squashed kitten's blood.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Not Very Metal posted:

holy poo poo boris was absolutely crushing tonight. I don't think wata changed her facial expression once. atlas moth was pretty great too, very laid back and interacted with the crowd a bit.

I had some friends that went just for SubRosa... then left.

...I need some new friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
I can't believe Pallbearer is playing with Tombs on Halloween night in Chapel Hill, NC. The club is on Franklin St. and the entire NC college scene turns the street into something like this...

There's no way anyone is getting close to the town let lone the street the venue is on that night.