Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
localized
Mar 30, 2008

Slow is Fast posted:

You'll learn a lot about car control and car setup. While autocross frustrates me beyond belief because of how douchy my local club is, I'll still probably hit a few events this season just because it is fun cheap seat time.

I assume you are talking about CMC? I went to one event last year, but I didn't run. I've been thinking about participating this year, but I dont really know how I feel about beating on my car/tires that much. What are the class limitations on aftermarket ECUs? My biggest concerns would be being bumped up into a class in which I wouldn't be competitive, and the miniscule amount of seat time you get. One of the biggest problems I have with this state is that there are no roadcourses, just oval tracks...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

localized
Mar 30, 2008

Slow is Fast posted:

Went around a turn. lovely stock suspension + body roll leaned the cars fender liner on the tire. Fender liner rips off and gets pooped out the side of the car. While that was going on, the dorky mudflap I have on the car got pulled forward onto the wheel by the fender liner, causing the flap and bottom of the outer fender to ride up the wheel crunching up.

I finished my run. :c00l:

Fender looked worse than it was, but I unbolted it and tossed it aside rather than trying to uncrunch it and rehang it.

I honestly don't know how the gently caress I managed to do that.

Man, now I'm bummed that I skipped going to that...

• Locked thread