Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Podothehobbit posted:

That's right kids, if I can race a Yaris you have no excuse for not bringing your grocery getter/boring car out to a meet!

My excuse is manual steering. I have a feeling it wouldn't be very fun a on an auto x course :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Phone posted:

This is like saying your panties are bunched up.

Run a tight parking lot auto x course with manual steering and see how well you do. If you want to be competitive at all it's loving pointless. If you don't mind being slower than molasses then I guess it's ok.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Phone posted:

LISTEN BRO IF YOU AREN'T AT LEAST SPENDING 2K A YEAR ON HOOSIERS YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

Fatcow's NA has a depowered rack and it's obnoxious doing 3 point turns, but it's fine after once you're above 10mph.

Like I said, run it on a course and see how much better (worse) you do than with power steering. Besides, I drive a FWD econobox, not a Miata.

Lightbulb Out posted:

I think autocross is really good for being just for fun, while learning shitloads about your car. It's less about being competitive, especially if you are not a seasoned autocrosser.

I know for a fact it would not be fun in my car due to the manual steering, and not being competitive would add to the non fun because I'm a competitive person. Seriously, it sucks navigating a parking lot, I don't see how an auto x course would be much different.

I would track my car before I ever auto crossed it.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 15, 2011

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lightbulb Out posted:

The standard E30 rack is 4 turns lock to lock and is annoying on the autocross course for sure, but wouldn't make me sissy enough to not try it at least once.

Well apparently you really want to auto x more than I do :)

Seriously though, if I'm gonna spend the money I'd rather save it and track it and get more seat time anyway.

• Locked thread