Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burndtjamb
Sep 5, 2006

How does the phone upgrade discount work, exactly? I'm on SERO and eligible for a $150 discount off a phone with a 24-month contract extension. It also says my plan won't change until the phone is activated on my line. Can I purchase a phone with my discount and activate it on another line without any consequence to mine (besides the 2-year extension)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burndtjamb
Sep 5, 2006

Chappy posted:

Yeah you can do that, but you won't get your mail in rebate.

The $150 discount appears to be instant. There's nothing that mentions a mail-in rebate anywhere (looking at the Evo Shift @ $399 -$150 upgrade -$100 instant = $149).

burndtjamb
Sep 5, 2006

Autopay charged me for next month's service and I'm planning on porting my number to GV and switching to T-mobile. I still have 5 days of service for this month, according to my Sprint account page. If I port my number out to GV before the 5 days are up, can I request a refund from Sprint for the following month's service or dispute the charge with my bank?

burndtjamb
Sep 5, 2006

Ahh, thanks!