Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Does anyone else's homepage on the evo 3d go off by like half an inch or more sometimes when trying to click? Like trying to click an icon on the right side will click the one next to it on the left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Stunt Rock posted:

But doesn't the 3D effect ONLY work in landscape?

No, but it's pretty diminished in portrait mode.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Q_res posted:

For what it's worth, I went from a Pre to an EVO 3D, and I love my new phone despite my initial misgivings about Android. It absolutely smashes the Pre in battery life despite the huge high-res screen and dual-core processor.

I found the battery life about the same with a new Pre battery. Not really fair to compare a 2+ year old battery with one.

That being said, for medium use, it smashes the hell out of the Pre with one of the battery optimizers on. Nice to have things that'll auto turn off wifi and 3g radios when not being used.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Duckman2008 posted:

The biggest problem is no one is using 4G, so all the data gets offset on 3G by users. Not blaming people, just the result of a 4G launch that wasn't successful enough.

I don't know what employee news you see Alman, but the biggest thing I saw was a little "tip" saying that Sprint bills will now "conveniently" show both 3G and 4G data usage. Both are still unlimited of course, it says.

Sprint is starting to differentiate between which network you use data on. What'd you think is coming next?

So the average user uses less than 800 MB a month. If Sprint can't handle that... uh....

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
So...

what do I need to do to update my rooted evo 3d? No roms on it.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Godzilla07 posted:

If you rooted it through the revolutionary.io tool, just grab a rooted OTA off of XDA and then flash through Clockwork.

Thanks XDA is a bit hard to search through but I eventually found it.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Q_res posted:

Just a heads up for anyone in the area. Even though Sprint doesn't show it on their coverage map, Louisville KY does have 4G service right now. I only got weak reception in the areas I was, but I did get a 4G connection on my EVO 3D.

Does it show on Clear's website?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Time to buy some sprint stock.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

900ftjesus posted:

This says no and it's pretty recent.
http://techcrunch.com/2011/08/22/iphone-5-dual-mode-cdma-gsm/

But it's tough to tell, it's all rumors right now.

There is no way that apple is reengineering a phone to throw a WIMAX chip in there.

I just can't see them doing that. Is Sprint's LTE network going to be on the same frequency as their WIMAX?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

fuzzi posted:

Why is my Evo3d not updating the market? I have rebooted, wiped cache for the market and killed the market updater process and even left it sitting on the market for a while. I know I can manually update but still...

The new market app? Just find it and download it.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Would you say it is a good time to invest in Sprint stock?

Yes/No/Sex?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

ThermoPhysical posted:

Anyone having problems with 3G in Omaha, NE? I'm not even getting a 3G icon.

Omaha 3g sucks balls period. Go into any drat store and you lose coverage.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Sprint is up 6% with the tmobile news.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
The government is filing to block the T-mobile merger.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

The Entire Universe posted:

Well, this is one of the nicest things I've read all day regarding phones. Shame the likelihood of Sprint acknowledging Omaha in their network plans is so low it might as well be nil.

(Thanks for the 4G, I just love having to be over at the river or in the parking lot of a mall out in the suburbs to get so much as a whisper)

For how close we are to KC it is pretty sad on how slow and weak the 3g signal is in Omaha.

Which mall gets 4g? I've gotten the 4g at the river for like 100 meters of space. Man that youtube video loaded up fast for 10 seconds.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Does anyone have a good idea why the loving camera sucks so much dick on the evo 3d? Slowest shutter speed ever. Useless if you are trying to take pictures of something that doesn't stay still like an animal.

And that is if you don't try to take multiple pictures in a row, the loving thing locks up. Happens with my dad's new evo 3d along with mine.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Hdip posted:

Fast burst camera is one of the app's I've been playing around with. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.spritefish.fastburstcamera

Sweet, this app seems pretty good.

Now I just have to figure out why the screen stays on for unknown reasons and if I try to press GPS toggle it crashes and the HTC logo comes back up.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Is the iphone announcement tomorrow?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Duckman2008 posted:

gently caress, if I have to sell IPhones at 5% of normal commission this might screw me over. I really really hope not, i've been dreading iPhone commissions (aka, $0 commissions) for a month now.

That would really really blow. Sprint looks like they literally bet the house on this though. Their stock is crashing and crashing. Hopefully this pays off for them or this will be their killing blow. I'm hoping so as I put some money into them.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

bull3964 posted:

Sprint committed to $20b of iPhone purchases over the next 4 years. Even sprint doesn't know what they bought in years 2,3, and 4. They only know that they bought iPhones.

So, no, they really didn't bet the farm on the iPhone4s. They did spend about $5bil on it though.

Thats a hard bargain considering that Sprint's coverage can make AT&Ts look amazing. I hope Sprint succeeds though.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Kynetx posted:

Because of the big investment/commitment to Apple, have there been any speculation if this will diminish the number of Android/WP7/BB/etc smartphones that will be available?
I got no beef with Apple, but I'm pretty heavily invested in Android.

Google and Sprint seem to be pretty heavily invested in each other. I'm not too worried.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

letsgoflyers81 posted:

Yes and no. The major issue with building penetration is frequency, and the lower the frequency the better. It's not because of any inherent difference between LTE and WiMAX. Verizon's LTE (and CDMA) operates at 800mhz so it penetrates fairly well. Sprint's WiMAX (thanks to Clearwire) operates at 2500mhz so penetration is considerably worse. When Sprint goes to LTE it'll be on 1900mhz (same as their CDMA), 1600mhz (leased from Lightsquare), and possibly some 800mhz as well. There are other factors as well, but this should certainly help.

I thought Sprint was going to use their old Nextel frequency of 800 Mhz. I would hope that this would solve a lot of their issues.

edit: misread

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Mahoning posted:

Sprint's stock has plummeted today. Yuck.

Clearwire's stock dropped 30% today.

Look at it another way. Sprint pretty much announced that they were seriously upgrading their network but at the same time, it is going to cost them for years to come. If you were in an investor would you buy?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Sprint puts the 10 dollar surcharge on after the discount? That's shady..

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Shed posted:

The discount only applies to the plan, not any add-ons under $30. The premium data is considered an add-on.

I thought Sprint had bundled it into the 59.99 dollar cost or whatever now and ditched the 10 dollar add on fee. I thought wrong I guess.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Sprint 3g is really awesome in Kansas City. I was amazed at the difference.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Did the Evo 3d ever get an unalpha version of CM7?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Anyone having problems updating to the newest HTC software patch on the evo 3d? I'm rooted, and I just get the android guy and a triangle exclamation point.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

averox posted:

gently caress Apple cancelled my malformed url order. loving Slickdeal idiots

:negative:

I had an arguement about tipping with them a few weeks ago. They claimed an 8-12% tip should be standard.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Used tethering for the first time with my evo 3d at an airport with only paid wifi. (Dallas) Worked great on 3g there. Was able to download an episode of Dexter before the plane ride and only took about an hour.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
http://www.examiner.com/gadgets-in-los-angeles/evo-3d-and-galaxy-s-ii-to-get-ice-cream-sandwich-december

I really really doubt this.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
So who's clock when weird this morning?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Teflon Bob posted:

Mine definitely went from CST to mountain. I wasn't sure why my phone and stove clocks were two hours apart instead of one.

Yep mine went back two hours and eventually fixed itself.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
For the evo 3d, is a class 6 microsd card pretty much the standard needed?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Is there any full body cases for the evo 3d? I was looking for something for the gym where maybe only the external ports are exposed.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Is sprint still giving out airraves if you bitch enough over the phone?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
So what the hell is Sprint's plan if lightsquared falls through? Rely on clearwire to turn their poo poo to LTE?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Since they eliminated the discount on additional lines, is it cheaper to just have a 2nd account instead of a family plan if you can get a discount on that account?

I'm trying to consider my options when I eventually get married, and want to see what is cheaper. She has AT&T. Ideally, we would like to move to one plan, two phones, both have data.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

helsabot posted:

Chicago sucks for Sprint. This is the conclusion i've arrived at after living here for about a year and a half. No building penetration, and even when I'm outside in an area that should have full coverage a lot of time I get no data whatsoever.

I find the opposite, although I don't live there, I just visit 2x a year. Hell, in the burbs, coverage is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Do any of the new phones have an option for wifi calling? Its 2012 for christ sake.