Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Dad
Apr 9, 2007

Wanna meet that dad
I'm switching from AT&T. If I get on an EPRP contract, do I still get a discount on a phone? I'm thinking I might get the Evo if I can. Also, will I have to pay the $10 per month smart phone fee on an EPRP plan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Dad
Apr 9, 2007

Wanna meet that dad
I've decided to switch from AT&T (currently off contract) to Sprint. Please help me out here.

Phones: I'm leaning towards the Evo or maybe the Evo Shift. Is getting one of these at this time a good idea or would you recommend buying a dumbphone off eBay and wait for the Evo3D? Aside from the 3D and camera stuff, is it going to be enough of a leap forward to justify waiting? And what about the Nexus S and it's Google integration? Should I consider it, too?

Plans: I want to get on the $59.99 EPRP plan and get as many discounts as possible. I know I can get 10% off from my school and then $125 credit for porting my number from AT&T. What other discounts are available?

Lastly, I'm confused about the process of actually signing up and getting the phone. I'd like to buy the phone from Amazon since it's $119 with a new contract there, but am not sure if I can if I get an EPRP plan. After I sign up for the plan, where and how can I get the discounted phone?

I really need some help here. I need to get this done before the 9th when my new billing cycle begins with AT&T. I'd really appreciate any advice I can get.

Gumball Dad
Apr 9, 2007

Wanna meet that dad

atomicvocabulary posted:

Yeah, it seems like timing makes your choices limited. I am thinking of just purchasing the 3D out right. You might have a few more options. Maybe the best and cheapest would be to get a phone port your number onto something like boost or virgin mobile for two months then get the 3D on the EPRP beginning of June. Which if you think about it is only 65 days away until the 4th which is when they launched the Evo last year.

Yeah, but would it really be worth it? I'm a heavy user of any hardware, but is there enough of a reason to hold out? Also temporarily switching to Virgin would be a fine idea except that the Optimus costs $200 and I'm not sure I'd be able to recoup much of that loss two months from now by selling it on craigslist.

Gumball Dad
Apr 9, 2007

Wanna meet that dad
I guess I'm stuck with AT&T for another month since my new billing period begins in one hour. God drat it. Another month on a fried iPhone3G with 400 minutes for $100+.

Gumball Dad
Apr 9, 2007

Wanna meet that dad
What kind of extra fees does Sprint tack on to monthly bills? I'm used to AT&T talking on at least an extra $15 in random fees and stuff. I just don't wanna expect to pay $70 and then end up with a $90 bill every month. If it's going to be like that, it might be the deciding factor in me going with Virin Mobile and the Optimus V for the moment.