Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.
Corporate-owned Sprint store types: What is a "Technical Consultant" and how hellish is it compared to a normal wireless sales gig? I'm trying very desperately to get out of the hell that is RadioShack and I saw an opening for that job at my local Sprint store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I'm buying an Evo View from Chappy. Are all of Sprint's tablet plans a mandatory 2-year contract, even with your own equipment?

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

Once T-Mobile forces me to get off my cushy $10/month employee account, I'm probably going to switch to Sprint. It's pretty tough to decide between the Epic 4G Touch, the hypothetical iPhone 5, the hypothetical Nexus, or the Photon. I'm a little bored of Android, though - are there any rumors of a new Windows Phone coming out for Sprint?

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

ratbert90 posted:

Sounds like the fault of Sprint, not HTC. The Arrive has been a really stable nice phone for me and my friends.

Honestly, selling Windows Phone 7 is just frankly harder than Android. The training on it was really subpar and most salespeople don't really know why it's good or what its selling points are compared to Android. I sell the most Windows phones in my T-Mobile store, which is to say that I sell any WP7 devices.

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

ratbert90 posted:

It shouldn't be harder, especially with Mango.

"It integrated with your computer that you already have, it has Xbox live games if you are a gamer, it comes with Skydrive integration which is a free 25gigs of space for your documents, pictures and files. It has Office integration and has over 25,000apps on it's marketplace AND gets better battery life than Android."

There, I just sold a phone for you.

But DROID DOES :downs:

edit: before I get probated, I meant to type that WP7's marketing campaign has not been as good as the OG Droid's, and people just don't come in asking about it as often as they do about "That There Droid Phone" that their friends have. I do agree that it SHOULD be an easy sell, but people usually buy what their friends and family have and if that's Android then I'm probably selling them Android. My Windows Phone customers are typically people that really NEED SkyDrive or robust Office support that they can't get easily on other platforms.

A COMPUTER GUY fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Sep 19, 2011

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

Rest in peace, Kyocera Echo. Maybe I'll play with one when they inevitably drop in price for used/refurb :unsmith:

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

datajosh posted:

Make sure you also flash the zip file in ClockworkMod from the second thread. Basically it goes like this:

1. Flash this
2. Flash this
3. Download this ZIP, boot into ClockworkMod Recovery and apply it
4. Flash this again.

Step 1 may not even be necessary. It's not the simplest process yet but zedomax's kernels have given me issues. I'm hoping someone with actual dev experience puts out something soon.

All I did to root mine is flash the clockworkmod in Odin, then flash the su zip in there. No custom kernels beyond the cwm one necessary.

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

So far, for me, the SGSII is excellent. I needed in a new phone, coming from a T-Mobile HTC Sensation, an excellent front-facing camera, 4G, a big screen, and a good battery life. Given that European SGSII ROMs boot on the Sprint SGSII (albeit with no radio support due to the kernel), I'm pretty confident that a CM7 port will make its way to the Sprint SGSII when an AOSP kernel is available. Overall I'm pretty happy with it, and I think it's right up there with the Photon and Evo 3D in terms of the best phones Sprint has to offer.

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I just noticed that Sprint changed their exchange policy to 14 days (which sucks rear end). My girlfriend is interested in exchanging her Nexus S for an iPhone 4, but we're just outside 14 days now. I wonder if retentions can make something happen if I threaten to cancel both of my lines unless we can get it exchanged.

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

Has anyone tried the SIM slot in the Sprint iPhone 4S to see if it's unlocked? I ordered one for myself and I'm curious to see if it actually works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I tried T-Mo and AT&T and it is not domestic unlocked. International probably is, if Engadget is to be believed.

Purely out of curiosity, have you tried calling Sprint and asking to unlock it? I doubt any of the CSRs would have the faintest clue what that is yet, but it couldn't hurt to try I guess.