Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

WoG posted:

Do still try to switch to SWAC, though... SERO to SWAC dropped my bill from roughly $54 to $36/mo, while adding some nice capabilities (hotspot data, more data in mexico/canada)

SWAC is dead. Effective 8/2 Sprint retired SWAC. Employees can no longer invite new friends or family to join. Existing SWAC accounts are not impacted and can continue to add lines and manage their account as normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008
SWAC is dead. It was discontinued back in early August 2020. Employees can no longer invite new friends/family to join SWAC. Current SWAC customers have no impact and can continue to manage their account as they normally would. The form to invite customers to join SWAC was supposed to be taken down but lol merger so you may still see it out there but it won't get you anywhere, unfortunately.

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

So do we get any iPhone incentives, or should I look forward to shelling out 700?

I would be surprised if there aren’t some decent trade-in deals to get people off Sprint and over to T-Mobile via the Move to Magenta project. That said, there hasn’t been any internal news yet on expected promotions for the new iPhones but they are really trying to entice the switch over so I bet we see something very soon.

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

I'm on an iPhone SE 2016 though (YOSPOS BITCH!!!) so I'm assuming trade-in deals won't do much for me.

Looks like you might be able to get up to $400 towards a new iPhone 13 for the SE trade-in, all depends on various eligibility requirements. New promos will go live on Friday. This is just for Sprint, no clue what T-Mo is doing over on their side, but again I would be shocked if they don't sweeten the pot to try and get you to move off the Sprint biller over to the T-Mo side.

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

I think that's for the SE2, not the old school SE I bought off SA-mart.

Double-checked this morning and OG SE can get up to $400... if it's currently on lease and you're turning it in early. I don't think there are any promos running that will give you a decent trade-in promo towards any of the 13's. Does look like there is a promo for up to $400 for the OG SE if you go for a 11/Pro/Max or SE GEN 2. Looks like the best that I see out there for the old SE but honestly there are a ton of promos trickling out and I haven't had a lot of time to keep track of them. Keep in mind these are both Sprint specific and technically won't be out in the wild until tomorrow. I don't know the full extent of what T-Mo is offering to entice migrations. Might just be worth a call/online chat to see what pops for you via the offer tool.

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

It seems like they are pressing pretty hard for me to switch to "Sprint Select" or "Magenta MAX", whatever that is. Idk, it's really loving hard to push past the marketing material on phone plans. There really ought to be a government-mandated "nutrition facts" label of each phone plan to tell you what it actually offers and for how much money, but on the other hand, telecoms lobbyists.

Sprint Select is how they take you from the Sprint billing system into the T-Mo billing system and put you on T-Mo for good. Magenta Max is the top of the line unlimited plan for T-Mo. They have a full breakdown of everything included in it under the "plans" section of the T-Mo website.

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

otter posted:

I don't generally consider myself stupid, but I am confused by their plans.
Right now I still have sprint sims, and sprint plan.
I'm basically going to have to lose my old service plan to get an iphone 13, aren't i?
Right now I have 3 lines (originally it was the 2 lines for $100 unlimited iphone plan. They did the "free line for life" deal to add the 3rd one for $5 in taxes monthly)
Their plans site reads that they do the pricing for 3 lines, with the 3rd line free? So Magenta Max it says is like 47/line but it also says $140/mo. How is that 3rd line free?
Are they saying it's actually $70/mo for 2 lines and they average it down to 47? Cause that's a huge price spike over what im paying now...

Also, would I lose my free hulu?

Sprint = Hulu
T-Mo = Netflix

If you migrate off Sprint you lose Hulu. You also can’t go back to Sprint. Period, donezo. I am fairly certain that migrating allows you to carry over the free lines, but I’m not 100% on that. So then you just get the normal charges for lines 1-2 which are the expensive ones anyway. I can try and take a closer look when I’m back online on Monday and see if I can scrape up some info about the free lines and how they are handled in migration and what that pricing should look like.

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008
Going back over a few things that were asked. I'm not exactly the guy for all of the migration and T-Mo stuff as it's not my dept and I don't have access to a lot of that stuff, but I'll do what I can do dig through what's available to help out. So much of it is targeted offers based off your account/eligibility/etc and what may be available to one person may not be available to all based off whatever weird promo eligibility exists. If you contact the normal care team and let them know you are interested in talking about migrating, they can put you in touch with the migration team who can run you through all that stuff.

Free Lines Migrating - Doesn't look like they do but I could be wrong. Looks like there is a promo running for people w/ 3 paid lines can get one free when they migrate the entire account to a qualifying plan on T-Mo. I'd chat with the migration team to see what can be done/what's being offered.

Amazon Prime - Not being offered in plans by T-Mo.

Tidal - Not being offered in plans by T-Mo.

Netflix - check https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans for info on how many screens/what version they provide based off what plan/how many lines.

Best Pricing - If you are on Sprint, talk with the migration team about that tbh. Seems like promos are wylin' right now to get people to move over.

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Thanks for the info, just one question- which I think applies to a ton of people here: What happens to sero/advantage plans after the transition if you know?

My understanding is that when that hammer drops, the party is over. Unless you can get added to a T-Mo employee’s personal account, you’re kind of at the mercy of standard or promotional pricing like everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

Medullah posted:

I'm currently running a Pixel 3 with SWAC. I ordered a Pixel 6 from Google today. I remember when I got the 3 it was a living goddam nightmare activating it, with multiple SIM card orders because they kept getting it wrong. I'd say it was a fluke but my Pixel 1 was a pain in the rear end too.

Anyone know if it's gotten any easier?

I’m fairly certain that legacy Sprint is a no go on eSIM and will need an actual IRL SIM card, but TNX customers can use eSIM on the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro.