Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.

god this blows posted:

I'm wishing they would announce when the Nexus S and EVO 3d are coming out. I really want a new phone and hate waiting.

I am about ready to throw my Touch Pro at a wall. The screen is acting up, the camera doesn't work and now it's apparently calling my boss at random.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

ZeroAX posted:

Did they offer you a $75 credit to reup your contract? You can stack that with the normal phone subsidy discount.

I wish they would offer that to me. I've been out of contract for close to three years now :(

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

TheBlackMallard posted:

Just posted on Facebook.

Hopefully it includes the 3D.

Holy fuckballs HTC rules

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

change my name posted:

If the 3d doesn't actually come out this week (yes I'm counting saturday as this week) and isn't fantastic I'm just gonna say gently caress it and get the shift already

Rumor going around today is that it will be the 4th week of June, 24th-ish. Just hold out, you won't regret it. (I hope)

~old rear end phone krew~

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

I'm sure this has been discussed a bunch but I'm a retarded baby.

I'm on original SERO right now. I know I need to call that employee care number and upgrade to SERO Premium to get the Evo 3D. My main concern is, how can I get an Evo 3D on release date? I have the 2 year upgrade discount available so I don't want to walk into just any store and pay full price for it.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Someone in this thread mentioned that the 3D would be in Telesales' system on the 19th. Is that still the case and are they pre-orderable through telesales now?

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Just ordered my Evo 3D on my non premiere original SERO account. (I know I have to go to Premium to use it)

Freeloading wins again!

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

UPS just went by without an Evo for me :( Guess 3pm was too late to order yesterday.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

This phone is ridiculously awesome. I'm coming from a Touch Pro so Android is incredibly confusing to me right now, but I can't believe how drat fast this thing is. Had a couple issues activating it at first but now I'm playing Words With Friends like a champ. I think I'm in love :swoon:

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

What is the point of spinning all the home screens around really fast? You always end up at the same screen you were on. Is it just to look cool and show off that it is lag-free? Or is there a purpose that I haven't realized?

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Watch this poo poo on your Evo 3D :hellyeah:

EDIT: This one too if you haven't seen it yet.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

My only complaint so far is hitting the Home/Menu/Back/Search buttons by accident while I'm trying to do something else, but I suppose I just need to learn how to hold my phone properly. Everyone I have shown the 3D effect to so far is blown away by it.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Have you guys had any issues with the screen becoming non-responsive? Everything works on the unlock screen and I can unlock it, but I can barely do anything else. App menu/Phone/Customize buttons work, but once I'm in those menus, I can't do anything else. I can hit the menu capacitive button and get into any of those areas, but once I'm in there nothing else works. Search button brings up the list of previous searches, but then I can't click on any of them. Restarting the phone brings full functionality back, but it's happened multiple times now.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Is there a way I can turn off the button presses that activate the voice search and the overlay of 8 running programs? I don't even know what things my hand is touching to make those pop up but god drat is it annoying and I would love to be able to turn them off.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Edit: Wrong thread.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

HTC's Facebook posted:

HTC has been working hard to get its Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades ready, and we’re excited to announce that our first round of ICS upgrades will roll out by the end of March for the HTC Sensation, HTC Sensation 4G and HTC Sensation XE, followed soon there after by the HTC Sensation XL.

In addition, we can confirm Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades will be coming later this year to the HTC Rezound, HTC Vivid, HTC Amaze 4G, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO Design 4G, HTC Incredible S, HTC Desire S and HTC Desire HD. Stay tuned for more updates on Ice Cream Sandwich releases in the coming weeks.

"Later this year..." :raise:

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Some sort of ICS leak is happening for the Evo 3d over at rootzwiki I think

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

So now they are saying that if you upgraded to that firmware that was posted, you won't be able to downgrade.

In short

XDA posted:

TL;DR/easier to digest
Leak has dzdata_4g.hdr
No official firmware RUU does
Downgrading leaves you stuck with dzdata_4g

What is bad about keeping the Firmware

If you have flashed the zip or have tried downgrading from it, you might be one of the few that have problems with:
-No 3G, just 1X
-No VPN
-More bugs
And everyone will be stuck with the "Virgin Mobile" banner.

:downs:

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

The Evo 3D ICS update is now "Early August" :lol:

In other news if you hosed yourself with Virgin Mobile firmware like I did there is a fix out for it now on XDA. Flash at your own risk. Worked for me though.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Are any of you dudes in San Francisco on the LTE network? I recently went from the Evo 3D to the One and I'm finding the LTE 4G to be even slower than 3G is. What's up with that. I'm lucky to get 1Mbps down on 4G.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

At this point I wish Sprint would force me off the SERO plan so I could be done with them.

sonicice fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 7, 2013

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Loucks posted:

Hey now, the people who call him are Sprint customers, so they're obviously stupid.

(posting from a SprintPhone)

I'm calling bullshit on this post. There is no way you had a fast enough data connection to post that.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Does Network Vision include better reception inside of buildings? Because right now, in San Francisco, I'm not really sure what "service" I'm paying for... I can barely get reception outdoors most of the time. :suicide:

Edit: Sorry that this is a low content post. I'm just so incredibly frustrated with Sprint's service these days, I can't deal with it much longer. My One is about ready to take a jump from the Golden Gate Bridge.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

FlyingCheese posted:

It really depends on where you live. If you live in a decently sized metro area, Sprint is usually just fine. I personally get LTE right outside my house, 20 down/10 up and I don't even live in a big city anymore.

Counterpoint: I work in downtown San Francisco and if my 3G is working at all I consider myself lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

I said come in! posted:

That seems like a really good deal for both new customers, and current.

It's not really a good deal at all, because then your carrier is Sprint. :smith: