Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

The Entire Universe posted:

Also "If you have the money for an Epic, buy the Evo Shift or the Evo if you must have a phone right this very second."

Additionally, from the previous thread:

Okay - I'm running into some issues here with planning everything out. I'm looking for the RUU, and I think I ran across it: http://geekfor.me/hero/ruu-hero/sprint_ruu_156/ - is this what you're referring to?

That looks like 1.56, you need 2.27 or higher to root using the revoked exploit I believe. Here is an article I wrote on my website that lays out everything for you with all the links to poo poo you need. I wrote it back in August but everything should still apply:

How To Root Hero CDMA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
For those of you running CM7 on your Hero, I recently noticed some issues with music playback becoming choppy after about 15 minutes due to memory usage. I switched to AOSP CM7 and it seems to be a much much better rom.

AOSPCMOD

Edit: Make sure to change your CPU governer to OnDemand and bump up the min frequency.

Choicecut fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 28, 2011

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

diospadre posted:

I had that problem too and just changed to OnDemand and the problem cleared up without changing builds. I'll check out that rom you linked though, at this point I'm desperate to get every bit of speed out of this phone as I can.

I tried switching to OnDemand in CM7 but it didn't fix the problem for me. No idea why, it fixed it in CM6.

EDIT: ARRRG...I JUST REALIZED I DIDN'T ENABLE SET ON BOOT!!!!!!! Oh well, I discovered a better rom in the process.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
Anyone have an htc hero/broken/parts they want to sell uber cheap? My wife dropped hers and shattered the glass, I need to replace the digitizer.

Choicecut fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 28, 2011

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
I talked to a guy on sprint chat the other day about getting full upgrade eligibility. He said he would go ahead and set this in my account and I would receive full upgrade for an evo 3d. If I login to my account it still just shows 75 dollar credit and if I try to preorder from amazon or bestbuy it says I'm not eligible but will be eligible on November 1st.

Anybody know why it isn't reflecting?

Edit: also texted the 1311 number and it says 11/1 for upgrade as well.

Choicecut fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jun 9, 2011

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

letsgoflyers81 posted:

I contacted Ecare and they said they would reset my upgrade eligibility but it would take up to 72 hours to show up. So we'll see what happens.

Ahh, maybe that's why I am not seeing it yet. I just did the chat thing yesterday.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

Duckman2008 posted:

I can so it instantly for you, let me know if you want me to do it. I think I would actually respond to yyou on a timely manner tthis time too!

Can you do this for me too? :allears:

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

Chappy posted:

That engadget review is poo poo. 14 hours with all of the radios on (which I'm assuming means 4g too) is absolutely fantastic. We have had a review unit at my store since Tuesday and so far its a kick rear end phone. Everyone plays with it constantly, mostly using 3d stuff and its at 50% at the end of the day.

I also don't get what problems people have with the buttons. They work great for me.

Finally I don't get why they say sense is bad. This version of sense is great. I know it was lovely on the hero due to the hardware but it loving flies on the 3d.

As far as 3d stuff goes if you never want to use it you don't. Its not really forced on you.

I never quite understood why sense is hated so much either. It completely sucked balls on my Hero, but even rooted the phone still sucks poo poo through a tube. It's fine on other HTC phones. Looking forward to the pair of 3Deez coming next week and ditching these loving Hero junkpiles.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
Got a free airave in the mail today and got it all hooked up. Do you have to contact sprint and have these activated? The mobile light has been blinking green for almost an hour now. According to the manual it's still trying to access a connection, but I am wondering if they need activated.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
Is sprint.com taking a poo poo or what?

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
My 3deez have shipped as well. They will be here by end of day tomorrow.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

The Entire Universe posted:

When did you put in your order if you don't mind me asking?

I put mine in at about 8am CST today (21st) and am wondering if I am to expect a delivery tomorrow.

My Epic was delivered the following day but because I have an extra chromosome I forgot to put my apartment number in my address on my account so it took 2 days.

Hopefully they ship out of KC. That's like 3 hours drive from Omaha even at geezer speeds.

Sprint cares called me this morning to let me know I could order them. I had been working with them over the past week to get the free airave and both my lines to full early upgrade for the Evo3deez. I think it was around 8am EST when they called? I was going to have duckman2008 do the deal for me, but when the sprint cares guy said he could have them to me before friday I collapsed like a sissy. (I still feel like a cock face duckman :D)

I will say that the experience with Sprint cares has been one of the best customer service deals I have ever done. After dealing with Volkswagen of America for the past 2 years on my piece of poo poo GTI, this was like going to Wonkas Chocolate Factory and enjoying a gum drop smile while oompa loompas serviced my cock and balls. I will be sticking with Sprint for many more years to come. Do never buy a Volkswagen, seriously.

My airave took almost 2 hours before the mobile light became solid. Went from 0-1 bars on 1x, to full bars 3g in my house!

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
Wow, coming from a hero to this is complete insanity. I knew the hero was a shitpile, but using the 3d puts it in a whole different shitpile.

I really hope they release that kickstand case soon. I am so afraid my wife is going to have a dumbass attack and ruin hers.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
Anyone have any issues with the news widget? If i try to add it, it goes to the subscriptions screen and doesn't show anything.

Edit: ^^^^ Watched a little green hornet 3d, it looked really really good. Surprised me actually.

Choicecut fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 23, 2011

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

Zosologist posted:

So, short and sweet.
How do I get a free airrave? I've contacted sprint a couple times in the past regarding terrible service in my basement apartment. They keep telling me to flash a new prl and seem to know nothing about free airraves.

Which department should I contact and do they still do this?

Edit: my new evo 3d makes the service just barley bad enough that I drop most calls now.

email sprint cares, they hooked me right the gently caress up.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
Talking cases, does anyone know when the kickstand case is going to be released? HTCpedia.com has them, but it says back ordered. Anyone that went to a sprint store know if they had them in yet?

My keys have already put a couple nicks on the silver ring around the dual cameras.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

letsgoflyers81 posted:

This is why I never put in anything in my pocket with my phone, ever.

I have isolated my phone to its own pocket now. I honestly didn't think the plastic of my VW key would do that. Never scratched or nicked my hero or my touch pro.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

diospadre posted:

How can you even fit anything in your pocket along with an Evo? Unless It's 1997 and you're wearing cargo pants.

I don't when I am wearing jeans, but wear dress pants to work.

Although, cargo pants were the poo poo back in the day! I could store everything in those beasts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
Stopped at the sprint store and they had the kickstand case in, but wasn't at all what I was expecting. I saw the otterbox defender and had to have it. It's a tad large, but seems very, very rugged, which is exactly what I need for outdoor use. Wife didn't like the kickstand case either and went with the body glove in red along with some protective screens.