Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

CharlesM posted:

My eligibility dates are Jan 1 2009 and Nov 1 2009 :)

Dec 1 2008 and Oct 1 2009 here, the last Sprint subsidized phone I bought was the Mogul I got when I signed up. Thanks to eBaying a TP and then getting a TP2 as a warranty replacement, I've been sitting on an upgrade forever. Kind of wish I had realized it when the EVO was launched, but now with the EVO3D around the corner I'm kind of glad I didn't.

This TP2 is a POS though, Evo3D launch day can't get here soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Oh for crying out

I want a phone that works when I push a button. I also want it to be a smart phone. It would seem that these two are mutually exclusive.

Put it this way - my fiancé has something called an LG Chocolate which was made before any of us had a Blu-ray player, and it does this weird thing where when you push a button, it actually does something. It's just amazing. I'd kinda expect the All Power HTC Mogul!!! to be able to do that, but no. Looking at the specs, surely an HTC Hero could load a webpage before I "fix" the phone with the bottom of my shoe?

I feel your pain, but you are really looking at a 2-3 month wait, TOPS.

If you absolutely must replace the Mogul now, and I definitely understand that sentiment, then at least spring for a used Optimus S, as that's a phone you should be able to resell for what you paid for it in 2-3 months.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Ok, I am completely tired of my touchpro2, I love my sero premium premium plan, but I don't want to pay the 4g tax. Is there any issues with getting the iPhone on sero premium? Should I get AppleCare? Has sprint made any changes recently that should make me reconsider signing a new contract (I have been out of contract for quite some time now)?

Sorry if this has been answered, I tried to sift through the last 5 pages or so and didn't see anything that specifically answered this stuff.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
In that case is there a reason I shouldn't get an evo3d ? What other high end android phones should I be considering, or is the iPhone just the best phone to get?

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
I've hear about a lot of overheating problems with the evo 3d, what are the main problems with the photon?

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Are there currently any recurring hardware problems with the iPhone 4s?

I.E. I don't want to gently caress around with a lemon phone when I upgrade, what phone gives me the largest chance of not dealing with bullshit?

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
So, the Galaxy S™ ll, Epic™ 4G Touch.... Its made by Samsung so what is currently broken on it? Is there any reasonable expectation of those broken things getting fixed? Am I about to get burned by buying one of these?

Unrelated: Is there any sort of speakerdock made for any phone other than the iPhone? I really like the idea of one but I'm not sure I want an iPhone over an Android device.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Thanks for the reply but that's not really reassuring me much. I'm currently on a Touch Pro 2 and I'm just fed up with having to gently caress with things just to get basic functions to work.

I'll probably just buy an iPhone.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Matlock posted:

If you've got a renewal and crave an Epic Touch 4G, Samsung Amazon's got it for $79 right now.

I'm on SERO premium, can I upgrade this way or am I forced to use sprint.com?

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Duckman2008 posted:

If you are someone who still has a Touch Pro 2 however, for God's sake just upgrade to either of these and stop hurting yourself.

Yes, we still exist :(

I'll probably upgrade to the Gnex unless I end up waiting for the iPhone 5 due to sheer apathy.

Speaking of upgrades, I'm still on SERO premium, so does that still mean I can't do in-store upgrades?

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Welp, just blew my upgrade on a phone made by Samsung. Hopefully the fact that it is a Nexus phone will save it, but fingers are extra crossed.

Haven't used an upgrade since I bought my Mogul when I signed up for SERO.

Touch Pro 2, I'm counting the minutes until I can retire you for good.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Impatiently waiting for UPS to deliver my new Gnex. If it doesn't rock my world, considering I am upgrading from a TP2, I will be severely disappointed.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Hey, I'm too lazy too look this up, but does the GNex have a gorilla glass or similar type screen? Do I need to get a screen protector for it?

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Officially in love with my Gnex, anyone who is still stuck in winmo land, do yourself a favor and get this thing!

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

alwayslost posted:

I guess if I can't get away with no contract though I'll just go with the Galaxy Nexus for $200 on Sprint's website.

Best Option.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

brc64 posted:

My wife has had a phantom voicemail notification on her Galaxy Nexus coming and going for the past several days. Right now it says she's got 2 voicemails, but when she checks, there's no messages. Anybody ever see this before?

Yes, I have this problem as well.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

nate fisher posted:

I have been out of the Android loop, but is the GNex really that bad on Sprint? I don't plan on getting one, I'm just curious. You can't mess up a Nexus, can you?

I've been perfectly happy with mine, and I don't have battery issues. But I'm still going to get a free extended battery if that offer is for real.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Duckman2008 posted:

I'll hopefully be getting a cheap Sprint S4, any takers/offers?

What's the price range on this phone right now?

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
My wife and I are on SERO and she is up for an upgrade. Are we going to be locked in to a modified aero contract if sprint all of the sudden decides to start charging more?

Or should I just buy some nexus phones from the play store and go for a bring your own plan with T-Mobile?

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
So for all the terrible coverage I normally get around parts of raleigh., I'm sitting on 3 bars of 4g on the blue ridge parkway. Also got 1 bar of 3g while I was hiking in Pisgah national forest.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

td4guy posted:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the bars never display the LTE signal strength.

My gnex clearly showed "4g" along side a signal meeter that varied from 2-3 bars for the 30 minutes I used it.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Jawtramp posted:

So, I just got my foot in the door working for Sprint's Customer Finance. The company that did our training was ok except when nesting came around we were thrown right into the pool, which I'm not too happy about. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this thread who is working for this company, if you even want to call it that. I'm so basic, I'm ground floor. Anywho, god drat some of the poo poo I hear is hilarious. People, please pay your bills. If you can't we can set up payment arrangements all over the loving place. Oh and use your loving self serve options on Sprint Zone and sprint.com. Also no more transfers to tech support, I send your rear end to a store.

That's my lovely rant/post.

Making posts like this on a large forum is a good way to get fired.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

ryanbruce posted:

The TP2 ran Windows Mobile.

He's even more hardcore than you thought.

Yeah, I ran a TP2 until the GNex came out, but I can't imagine still running one today. I'm quite amazed that the hardware still works.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
I'm going to France for two weeks in June, I have a nexus 5. Do I need to do anything special to use a euro SIM card I can pick up in a gas station?

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Wilford Cutlery posted:

I got my Nexus 5 from Sprint last August right before I went to Scotland, and I had no problem picking up a prepaid microSIM from Three and popping it in. Unlimited LTE worked just fine.

How much would an unlimited data Sim card cost for say 2 weeks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
I'm in a weird position where I could switch to ProjectFi, but I'm not sure I want to leave the comforting embrace of SERO. Is there a clear winner if I don't consume more than 3gb a month?