Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I've been looking to switch from Virgin Mobile for a while now and SWAC seems like it's just what me and the wife need.

So do I just start the process, get into the plan selection and beg the rep to give me a hookup code?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

McPhearson posted:

I got my SERO account by walking into a Sprint store, asking for a business card, and putting the employee number from it in the referral field.
Someone mentioned they stopped putting the numbers on the cards, probably for this reason.

And yeah, I realize the chatter was about SERO trade-ups. My S7 is getting to the "pauses when typing or bringing up GMaps" phase and I night as well jump to a 9 while the battery works.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Managed to get a SWAC invite thanks to a helpful salesperson. Grabbed an S10 and iPhone 11, but couldn't port my wife's account (I'm new to Sprint).

Couldn't take my number from Virgin so I'm spending a month in the Google Voice ghetto getting everything forwarded. They really make you suffer for going VMobile

Planning on doing the same for the wife, who is a current Sprint subscriber.

I know that in 18 months we'll have to pay for the phones, but the price for both out plans comes out to just about what she was paying for one phone so it's very cool at the moment. Maybe even a little bit better since Hulu and Amazon were included.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Tidal is just refusing to activate on my wife's iphone. Will probably need a visit to the local store to sort it out.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Medullah posted:

They'll need to claw SWAC out of my cold, dead hands!!!
Same.

And yeah, I can stand SWAC for $100 for my two lines. It's still a great deal. Reminds me I need to migrate my parents over soon...

Maybe California can save us!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Nice. And I didn't have to refresh the app 17 times, either!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'll miss the Sprint Rewards app. Loved the free $5 amazon credits and Fandango rentals

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
My lease is about up. Any chance we'll see T-Mo do those $15/mo leases on the S20s anytime soon? I could do it now but uggghhhhhh $30/mo. :cry:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
So I logged into my Sprint account to check upgrade credits and poo poo and... uh... I think my wife got yeeted off of the SWAC Premium? Site's a little unresponsive so it's a bit hard to tell. Looks like we're both on SWAC Plus @ $30/ea.

Also seems like we'll be ineligible for upgrade credits until we switch over to a TMo plan?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Tidal is a seriously good music service. Their stuff isn't 93kbps streams.

But yeah, SWAC was an absolute GOAT of deals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Looks like end of August for Tidal. Pushing people onto 1 year of Spotify PREMIUM.

Bad trade. drat I love Tidal.