Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

2006... YEAR OF THE BURNITZ, BITCHES
My biggest concern looking at the EVO 3D would be battery life. It does have a much, much needed 1700 mAh, but people are having battery troubles (albeit very few) with the Atrix occasionally, so HTC's track record bothers me in that regard. I hope it is adequate for the device. I was already burned by the Thunderbolt once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

WoG posted:

Atrix is motorola, but I'll end the suspense and tell you right now: battery life won't be the evo3d's selling point.

I realize both of those things. I don't care about battery generally, as long as I can get a day's use out of my phone. I was not that lucky with the T-bolt.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

Chunk posted:

Some sort of external sales corporate guide thing said 4th week of June so that sounds about right.

They misread that. It was the 4th week of training. Still unknown what the date will be.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

I wish the NS4G didn't have connectivity issues. I'd seriously consider it over waiting for a 3D.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

900ftjesus posted:

If you read the Sensation review on Engadget, they were getting 24 hours+ with a smaller battery than the 3D has with basically the same phone. This bodes well.

You're right, but I'd worry the CDMA and WiMax radios would more than compensate for the extra battery size.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

I'm planning on doing the same thing. I didn't know a $35 fee applied, though, drat. I was all set to grab a Nexus or EVO and then swap it a couple days after. Though, I guess if I'm getting $175 for a port (hospital employee, so I guess I qualify for the extra 50), and $50 off from ordering via telesales, it works out in my favor, generally.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

hotsauce posted:

So if I want to break contract from ATT and get an EVO 3D, the best way would be to get a phone currently on Sprint by the 23rd to qualify for the $125 credit, then swap to the EVO 3d (assuming it's in stock) and eat the $35 fee? So, I will then have $90 to apply to my ATT rape fee for canceling, right? Is ther a better way to maneuver this?

That appears to be the best way.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

WoG posted:

It's getting a lot of discussion here, so for the sake of reminding people of the oddly strict requirements, you need to go to the switch-to-sprint website and register for your credit within 72 hours of activating your new phone.

Yeah, but telesales told me I could have a delayed port on the 19th, when my ATT contract ends, and just register for the credit then. I could just use a temporary number until then. Hope that's accurate.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

Can I sign up for an individual EPRP account now, and then convert to the share and add a line later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

Glad that Sprint LTE is finally hitting the Pittsburgh area - will definitely be considering switching from Verizon when my contract is up if it rolls out well.