Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

nate fisher posted:

At first I was going to say I guess it is just a matter of taste, but after playing with the Nexus S I really like the size of that more than the EVO. Still I don't find the EVO too big at all to hold. Full disclosure I'm 6ft 180, but I have big hands (I wear size 13 shoes). My wife who is 5'4" likes the size of it also (wow that can be taken different ways), but I am willing to bet once she plays with the Nexus S she will like it better. If anything I wish the EVO was thinner and lighter.

Also is this Carrier IQ thing in the Nexus S since it is the Google phone?

Is this the same thing as IQ Agent Service? Because that's running on my LG Optimus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I integrated my phone with Google Voice. Do text messages come in over data or do they just use the cell connection like regular texts?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Got an upgrade ready to go and I'm trying to decide between the 3D and the Photon...

How does the GSM stuff work on the Photon? Can I just slip any SIM card in there?

GigaPeon fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 2, 2011

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Just got the Evo3D.

When I got home, it prompted me for a software update. Does that one fix whatever loopholes lead to rooting/bootloader unlocking?

Is Otterbox still the best case? Does the Commuter add alot of bulk? How's the Impact?

GigaPeon fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Aug 4, 2011

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
So nothing about the rumored EVDO Rev. B?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I have and Evo 3D. I sometimes experience an issue where the screen stops responding until I lock/unlock the device. Recently, while playing some games, I notice the real cause is that a spot in the middle of the screen registers a touch and that's what's causing this to happen.

I'm assuming this is a hardware issue, since it's not dependent on what app I'm in. What are my options here? Bring it to the service center and try to convince them I'm not crazy?

GigaPeon fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 12, 2011

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

GigaPeon posted:

I have and Evo 3D. I sometimes experience an issue where the screen stops responding until I lock/unlock the device. Recently, while playing some games, I notice the real cause is that a spot in the middle of the screen registers a touch and that's what's causing this to happen.

I'm assuming this is a hardware issue, since it's not dependent on what app I'm in. What are my options here? Bring it to the service center and try to convince them I'm not crazy?

So I brought the phone in.

They said they did "diagnostics", saw something wrong, wiped the phone and then the "diagnostics" were clean.

Is this a real thing? Did they just do this to shut me up?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Duckman2008 posted:

Sprint has a program called slate that we are starting to be required to use. It supposedly analyzes the phone, battery, apps, etc. I politely disagree with sprint on this one. It's worthless.

But honestly, doing a phone wipe is a good way to fix a problem. And a nice placebo effect either way :)

They told me if I get a survey call to make sure to say they ran Slate, so it must be important.

I haven't had the issue happen yet, so maybe it worked.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
What does it mean when my battery icon looks like this on my Evo 3D?

Phone about to explode?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

zenintrude posted:

Don't look now, but Solid Snake may be creeping up to break your neck.

As it happens, the "Surprised Guard" noise is my text message alert...

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

How terribly original.

As long as I'm the only one in my group of friends that has it, I'm the most clever guy in the world. (In my mind)

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

ease posted:

I'm also having weird touchscreen problems and ghost touches on my 3d. It happens on any rom I'm on, but I almost think it only started when I installed boot manager.

I'm getting pretty frustrated waiting for cm9, and also want to jump ship or get the nexus when it comes out.

I'm having this issue as well. I brought it in to the local repair center and all they did was reset the phone after running some 'diagnostics'.

The problem has returned and I'm not sure what my next course of actions should be.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
My Evo 3D finally updated to the *new* market! I feel like I'm on a current-generation Android phone!

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I'm in Amsterdam for the week. I should be able to use my phone as a wifi device without being charged out the wazoo because there's no CDMA over here, right?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

zer0spunk posted:

Do you have grooveip? Just curious to see how good of an option it is for someone with sprint integration in your situation. It works when I've used it but i've yet to exclusively have to rely on it. Wondering how rock solid the option is.

No I don't. I don't really make phone calls (work gave me a prepaid phone haven't used it yet), so I don't think it's an issue for me.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
What's HTC/Sprint's bad pixel policy?

I had the phantom touch issue on my Evo 3D, so I got the screen replaced at the repair shop. They did it for free, even though I don't have insurance.

A couple days later, I see a bright dead pixel, normally only noticeable in dark screens, but enough to distract when watching videos. I don't want to make a fuss since they fixed the phone for free, but was wondering if anyone knows what options I have.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I updated my Evo 3D to ICS. Now when I'm on Roaming, I'm told I haven't enabled roaming data. The settings look like I've enabled it. I updated PRL but I haven't been on roaming since then to check it out. Anyone else seeing this?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Does anyone here use the Sprint Google Voice integration where you can use your number as a GV number?

I just got the update that integrates GV and the Android Hangouts app. I've already been using Hangouts as my primary messaging app, but now all my incoming messages come in as "From Google Voice". That's all well and good, but when I'm out for a long time, or in a place with poor reception I turn off mobile data, basically turning it into a dumb phone and I won't receive any SMS messages like I normally would.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Stevie Lee posted:

I had the same issue. I actually never used Hangouts for SMS before, and didn't want to. Opting in to merge Voice with Hangouts made all texts show up in Hangouts instead of the default messages app that I want to use (despite having the option to receive SMS in Hangouts disabled), and none of them came through unless I had an active data connection. That's not a good thing for me because I get such poo poo data reception at work that I just turn mobile data off to avoid my battery draining at 1% a minute. I opted out of the integration, and everything is back to normal. I can text with no data, and it'll still show up on Google Voice.

Hangouts seemed pretty poo poo in the day and a half that I used it.

Yeah I've reverted too. I enjoy using the Hangouts as my default messaging program, but I use Hangouts with my friends anyways. I'm holding off on bringing my Voice stuff in until they figure this out.