Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

A Bad Poster posted:

I'll keep that in mind. I'm going up there for almost a month, so that would be worth the $3.

What about texting? Am I going to have a nasty surprise on my bill this month, since I've been texting my friends up there trying to sort it all out?

It is not only $3/month. It is a ton worse than that.

"Traveling to Canada? For only $2.99 per month all calls placed from Canada are only $0.20 per minute."

Traveling internationally, it is almost always better to buy a prepaid phone and a SIM from a local carrier if you're going to be there for very long. That and use Skype whenever you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Chappy posted:

It's exactly the opposite of what Sprint's policy just became. We are supposed to attempt to re-flash approved software first, and if the problem still happens, to swap the phone out.

I doubt it's because of them being the "good" carrier, although I want to believe they're going to be the more friendlier carrier that plays dumb pipe instead of playing the content provider/ISP game that cable companies play.

The systems and measures VZW and ATT are possibly working on, I'll believe it when I see it, cost some serious money as well as customers. They've already admitted their networks are overloaded by going with tiered data, and now they're going for the kill by telling you how you can use your overpriced 2 GB of data and your phone.

Sprint can just be cool about stuff, not spend the money, not piss people off, and just be an ISP. They're presenting an actual alternative to the duopoly for business reasons/saving their butts. I doubt it works, most people are stupid and will pay a lot for very little because "oooohhh the iphones!!!!", but at least it's something.

It will be interesting to watch the Android community migrate from T-Mobile to Sprint over the next year. I know it's not a big group but I'm interested to see if it's noticeable over the next few quarters.

Blakkout posted:

Anyone else been having service problems lately? My phone has not had service in almost 48 hours now and I have no idea what the deal is.

Just going to take a guess, your radio died or something in your phone is messed up.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Eyecannon posted:

Tthis is what custom ROMs are for...

Exactly... oh poo poo, this isn't the WinMo thread.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

atomicvocabulary posted:

Once every 10 times or so HDMwIn works on my CM7 Evo. I finally got it to work and had a camera at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLg2NNRjMIM

Just a one minuteish video that doesn't show much just a replay of my playing a game. I am really looking forward to this being a bit more stable so I can hook up my phone to my monitor have a bluetooth mouse and keyboard to it as well and have it be a hub.

Check that there isn't a bunch of dust/dirt in the jack, the wires are really small and a small bit of lint can make things not work.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

jaku78 posted:

While I got a rooted samsung moment, I hardly use the features of the root besides the CPU clocking and small stuff like that I could live without I think. I might just go with the EVO 3D because of the power (and I want to play PSX games with no lag). Oh and I never knew that about the Wiimotes and that's just awesome because I happen to have one lying around.

The Evo3D will have to be rooted to use the Wiimote unfortunately. HTC uses a gimped bluetooth driver for no good reason.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Zorro KingOfEngland posted:

Yeah, I'm not so much excited for it as I am for the Cyanogenmod 7 development that will be jumpstarted by its release. Specifically the 4G development.

CM7 has 4G, and this won't help it at all. They had to write 4G from scratch in CM6 and CM7.

It should help with a few of the GPS issues that some people have after flashing though.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Chunk posted:

Argh I have the Moment and Im due for an upgrade in May. I cant decide if I should just go for the Nexus S or try and be really patient for the Evo3D whenever that comes out

It's like polishing a turd, but at least you can have C2DM and move to SD:
http://forum.sdx-developers.com/moment-2-2-development/froyo-dl05-beta-6-for-samsung-moment-(upd-0320-215am-edt)/

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Chunk posted:

I haven't paid attention to any of this stuff in months, what is the preferred rom and all that stuff?

I asked a friend with a Moment, that's the one they're using. No real show stopper problems as far as I know.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

TheBlackMallard posted:

Has anyone used both the Evo and Evo Shift? I'm thinking about trading my Evo for a new Evo Shift since it has CM7 now and was wondering how they compare in terms of battery life, etc. The Evo is slightly too big for me and I wouldn't mind having a hardware keyboard.

I agree with brc64, the screen on the Shift seems tiny after the Evo. Performance wise, the Shift is a bit faster.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Mistikman posted:

I'm not sure where else to ask this, so I'll just ask here: I have a non-rooted LG Optimus S, and one of the programs I installed is Advanced Task Killer, to try to get some better battery life out of it.

Problem is, once I kill all the tasks I don't want running all the time, the next time I unlock the phone to do something and I go check, every single drat app is running again.

How do I actually stop poo poo from just running all the time?

It's doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing. Your battery will improve by uninstalling the task killer, you don't need it. Those things aren't really running, they're sleeping in the background.

How long does it run on a charge without the task killer?

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Task killers are marginally useful as a bazooka solution for killing (& restarting) a bunch of tasks in the event that one of them has run amok and is eating CPU cycles due to a bug. The hope is that, by killing it, it will either not respawn, or respawn in a state that it doesn't eat CPU. Although finding the offending service and ending it permanently (if not needed) is a much better solution.

Task killers are not useful for RAM management, or even "fixing" memory leaks (which can happen in Java). A service leaking memory will not affect battery life. Nor will it really impact other apps. At some point it will leak too much memory and the OOM killer will take care of it. The only real problem is if it doesn't leak enough memory such that when the OOM killer goes around, it kills the "wrong" thing. But since task killers kill everything, that's not a better solution.

They're a horrible idea though. For example, the Epic comes with a built-in task killer (thanks Samsung!), and in particular with "level 1" and "level 2" RAM clearing. Level 1 is harmless, it kills the processes of otherwise inactive apps. Level 2 is harmful though, it kills every service, including core ones like the telephony stack. Most of the respawn right away, but apparently the respawning logic is slightly broken and enables a race condition, such that on the Epic the SMS ("isms") service often doesn't come back.

This means, on an Epic, fairly predictably SMSes fail to send and get stuck after doing a "level 2" RAM clear. So the trivial solution is "don't do a level 2 RAM clear", but folks on xda expect that since it's stock functionality (thanks Samsung!) that it must be safe to do. Even after it's explained to the in gross detail exactly what's going wrong, and why it's an unnecessary and bad idea in the first place, folks somehow believe it's a reasonable, if not required operation to be preformed with some frequency.

Seriously, don't use task killers. Way more of a headache than they're worth.

Wow, broken software that breaks itself even more. Good one Samsung.

Kreeblah posted:

Does that have anything over the built-in task manager? Settings > Applications > Running services lets you see what you have running and the CPU time everything's used, plus you can kill things right there if something's gone haywire and is pegging your CPU.

Task killer app lists load a lot faster than the built-in manager.

I really only have a single app that continually screws up, so I made a Tasker shortcut that kills that one app. If you're having problems with a single app, it's a really good solution.

Also, CM7 (and I think CM6) lets you long press the back button to kill the foreground app.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Chappy posted:

The 79.99 includes the 10 extra a month. the plan is 69.99 normally

Or 59.99 for EPRP plus 10 is only 69.99 for unlimited data.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

atomicvocabulary posted:

I use it often, in fact I'm very disappointed that the evo 2 might not have one

There's no might about it, the Evo 3D does not have a kickstand unfortunately.

They added a physical camera button and removed the kickstand, not sure that's a great trade but that's what they've done.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Alman posted:

I think that could possibly change with the FCC ruling on fair roaming prices, but I'm not really all that read-up on this so I don't know for sure.

Absolutely it would, that's why Verizon opposes it.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

nate fisher posted:

Nexus S and not even close. (unless you are my daughter and yes the $60 Epic is just perfect for you).

A thousand times this. The Evo3D should be as good or probably better than the Evo with a newer, more efficient CPU, and bigger battery. But yeah, if you have to get a phone really soon, the Nexus wins by a mile.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Alman posted:

So I played around with the EVO3D yesterday for a little bit. It's about what you'd expect - an EVO with a 3D camera and display. I didn't get to play around with it long enough to comment on battery life or performance, but I did take a couple pictures with the camera. One thing I noticed was that the 3D effect was really weird if you accidentally blurred your shot. It's really kind of a trippy experience, but if 3D photos aren't your bag it's really easy just to switch to the 2D camera. I really hope some sort of support for 3D menus comes out because that would be sweet

I imagine there's a deal being worked out with Sprint TV or Blockbuster (or whoever owns them now) for a 3D movie service. Maybe not, but it seems dumb not to leverage the screen as best you can.

So far I've heard the LCD on the 3D (disregarding the 3D) is better quality than the Evo4G. Any comments on the new version of Sense or was your time too limited? How about size and weight compared to the 4G?

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Ryven posted:

So I've been looking at getting a new phone finally and I pretty much have it narrowed down to 3 choices. The HTC EVO Shift, Samsung Epic 4g and the Nexus S 4g ( if it worth me waiting till it comes out).

I do like messing around with customization and I'll probably look into getting ROMs. From what I've read it sounds like I should get the Shift, but I really do like the screen on the Epic/Nexus a lot.

Do ROMs make that big of a difference in using the phone that I should just balance the purchase off of that?

In comparison to the others, the Epic the worst possible decision. You're tying yourself to a phone for two years that may or may not ever be updated and will never be as well supported as the other two. The Shift isn't a bad option, but there's no reason for a physical keyboard unless you log into *nix systems a lot, so get a screen with some real estate.

Get the Nexus S or wait for the Evo3D, that's your most future-proof solution right now. If you want custom ROM support, Nexus S is the only guarantee.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

thisdude23 posted:

That phone sucks.

It sounds like mid-range hardware and most likely a Droid Pro/Blackberry style portrait keyboard. If it's AMOLED, it should run for days on a charge with that small of a screen.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

datajosh posted:

More like Clearwire is putting random towers where they need to in order to keep their spectrum and pissing off people looking at the coverage map hoping it'll expand :mad:

There's no "use it or lose it" on auctioned spectrum.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

hoonchops posted:

Not the auctioned spectrum, the EBS. http://www.digitalcommunities.com/blogs/broadband-nation/Clearwire-Educational-Broadband-Service-Spectrum-121510.html

The deadline is today btw.

That makes a lot more sense.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

ShowTime posted:

See I never even thought of that, so i'm glad I said something. Having to code the programs to utilize the dual core snapdragon processor is a good point. Another thing I thought of was HTC Sense. I love that UI and my last two phone used it. But, I found myself never really utilizing the 7 screens and an entire button that was on every screen (one of the buttons located next to the curved "phone" button set in the lower middle part of the screen). So that was just wasted space. I loved the widgets, but i'm 99% sure that by now there are widgets for your standard Android UI.

I'm going to think about it some more tonight but I might call tomorrow and see about getting put on a pre-order list for the Nexus.

First, there's no reason to use the Sense launcher when ADW and LauncherPro exist. That goes for Blur and Touchwiz too.

But just because apps aren't multithreaded doesn't mean the OS can't use two cores for simultaneous execution. That allows for lower clock speed per core, lower voltage, and less power consumed over a shorter time.

The Evo 4G was released June 4th running 2.1, by July it was running 2.2. I wouldn't doubt the same happening with the Evo 3D and 2.4. At that point, have two cores should provide a great advantage. Basically, I'm not signing a contract for two years and not getting the very best phone available.

Just my two cents, I'm not telling you the Nexus S is bad, just that it's a bit long in the tooth for a 2 year contract.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

No guarantees in upgrades ever unless its a Nexus phone is really the general rule. HTC is better about it, but not perfect (see Hero). Either way the Shift is still a good buy (unless you are a super phone user junkie), and even if it doesn't upgrade 2.2 is a much better software platform to be on than 2.1 and should stay relevant for a while.

2.3 already leaked for the Evo 4G and the Shift is a newer phone. There's very little chance the Shift never gets 2.3.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

heat posted:

I seem to remember something about the upside to Sprint's lovely building penetrating spectrum was more bandwidth, but I could be completely imagining this.

True. That high frequency spectrum doesn't go very far, which sounds terrible at first.

You can serve about the same number of people and data on spectrum at 700 MHz or 2.5 GHz, if you had say 700-720 MHz and 2500-2520 MHz. But you can locate 2.5 GHz sites a lot closer to each other without interference, meaning you can spread people out across more sites and giving them more throughput. Basically, think about it like being able to put wifi access points in every building so you only share with people in the area instead of everyone on the block.

Day 1 it's cheaper to put up the one site and serve the whole block, but it sure sucks when everyone uses it at once and you can't add more.

See pictures at the bottom:
http://gigaom.com/2007/03/14/700mhz-explained/

They're very much for 700 MHz in the article because they're talking about public safety networks, which don't need to serve a ton of people but need to cover large areas at a low cost.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

nate fisher posted:

Hate to use the S word, but I was looking at the Samsung Galaxy S2 and looks wise it blows the EVO 3D out of the water. It might be the sexiest phone I have ever seen. Super thin, dual core, and 4.3 inch super amoled screen. I love thin phones and this one takes the cake. It is the first phone I seen that look wise blows away the iPhone. I know all carriers are suppose to get one and please God let Sprint get one without a hard keyboard (pretty please!). I think I am going to official wait on my upgrade until I hear what is going to happen with the S2.

Funny I hate Samsung and love HTC.

"It's looks so good on paper, I want to get one."

Son, you've been Samsung'd.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

moolchaba posted:

The first time I laid eyes on the EVO 3D, the camera lense fixture was a huge eyesore. After a month of watching video previews, it's becoming less an issue.

Subliminal 3D messages are probably to blame.

You never really sit and look at the back. It's like driving an ugly car, you stop noticing after a while because you never see it.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Vykk.Draygo posted:

1) HTC EVO
2) HTC Mogul
3) ?

Pre was June 6th.

EDIT I think the Instinct was June too.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

brc64 posted:

I've always understood the Airave (and Airvana) as being essentially VoIP to cellular adapters. That's the whole point. I could be wrong.. maybe it does need some faint Sprint signal to latch onto, but I'm reasonably sure that's not the case. I'd call again and talk to a different person.

CDMA is a highly synchronized technology. Every site is synchronized to a GPS clock.

It's possible that it needs to sync with a tower so that when you leave your home it can had off to a real tower. If there's nothing to hand off too, I can't see how it would matter. No idea, I would call back and try a different rep, worst that can happen is you get one and it actually doesn't work and you're no worse off.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

ThermoPhysical posted:

I hope so...there's a lot of issues the Nexus S has, it seems.

I've read of speaker issues when you plug in the headphones (apparently, it's a common issue on T-Mo's verison), malfunctioning USB ports when you plug it into the computer...

I'm seriously thinking of trading it in for an EVO 4G, I mean yea the EVO probably won't get nearly as many updates as the Nexus but the Nexus has a lot of issues...

People are still mentioning the browser issue on Google's report forum thing.

The Evo has official AOSP 4G drivers and better 3rd party HDMI support than HTC ever included. It's got amazing community support, and I wouldn't be surprised if it continues getting updates for CyanogenMod until the hardware just can't run newer versions of Android.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

SLOSifl posted:

My launch day EVO bricked, and I had it replaced. My new one is not a refurb, and I rooted it with Unrevoked. No issues.

From what I've read, Sprint Evo's are no problem, but KDDI in Japan carries a flavor of the Evo and it doesn't work with the auto-root methods.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Except that's not LTE vs WiMAX, but 700 MHz vs 2500, or more appropriately, Verizon 4G vs Sprint 4G.

It's worth mentioning as Network Vision and the decomissioning of iDEN will enable Sprint to provide WiMAX (and later LTE) service in 850 MHz band with comparable building penetration, but still have adequate capacity with the 2500 MHz band, although this likely won't be usable with current WiMAX phones. Conversely, if Sprint were to deploy LTE in the 2500 band, it would suffer the same problems as their current WiMAX deployment.

I've said it before, Sprint is sitting on gold at 2.5GHz simply because it has smaller coverage per watt. If no one paid close attention to that article, they have over 100MHz of spectrum in major cities JUST FOR 4G. I think either AT&T or Verizon has only 60MHz. That doesn't even touch the 850MHz iDEN spectrum they can use in parallel with the 2.5 coverage or to cover rural areas.

If they can hold out, they'll be a loving force. Step 1 was positive net additions. Step 2 is being the low cost alternative. If your network is solid and data is cheap, businesses will follow and then you're set.

Yes, they have to play things just right so it may be a bust but I'm pulling for the little guy. Of course the alternative is VZW and AT&T buying out everyone, getting all of the spectrum and still pretending there's not enough and capping the gently caress out of it while raising prices.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

god this blows posted:

The problem is that this is great for cities but not all of us live in cities. I currently live in the "country" and I'm roaming in my house even though at the beginning of the year I wasn't. 2.5Ghz is great in cities but it sucks in the "country." Also Sprint doesn't have the sheer number of towers that Verizon or AT&T does. Spectrum is great, but if you don't have towers they're going to cost more to put up than the people who already have the towers.

It's not worth it to waste a lot of money covering small towns when they can cover 200 Million+ people in larger cities. Rural customers cost the most to cover and offer the least return. Sorry, but you're not a good investment for them.

EDIT: Just to add a bit, notice that only the very largest carriers had the cash to cover or buy coverage in that area.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

TiCK posted:

This might seem like a stupid question, but is there any way to change the Evo Shift's dialer, contacts and such (stuff you get when you open the Phone app) to look like the Samsung Moment's?

That's about the only thing I liked about the Moment over the shift. It was really clean and nice with big buttons and I knew my way around.

Moment was the stock dialer, Shift is the Sense dialer. You can try an app like Dialer One or you can root and install CyanogenMod when it's even close to ready, which doesn't look like right now.

I remember Dialer One not playing will with Sense but that could be fixed now.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

kahm posted:

Cyanogenmod isnt ready for the Evo Shift? Yessiree, it is, it's even out of 'experimental' status, i've been running the official CM7 for almost a month now:

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/forum/239-htc-evo-shift-stable-mod/

Unless I misunderstood your post, in that case, shoot me.

I took a quick look at the nightly forum and it looked like they were having some major issues, but it's awesome if there's a stable.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Chunk posted:

Sprint is now taking preorders for the Evo3d so I can't imagine it's that far off at this point.

Where did you see this?

EDIT: Also can Best Buy handle EPRP yet?

900ftjesus fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 14, 2011

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

ShowTime posted:

Google revealed only this:

http://www.gizmocrunch.com/android/6854-sprint-htc-evo-3d-preorder

some blog i've never heard of. I'm about to call my local Sprint store and check.

Edit: Well. Good news and bad. They aren't doing pre-orders yet but I might have just gotten the release date revealed. I called my store and the conversation basically played out like this:

Me: Hey are you guys doing Evo 3d pre-orders yet? I read you were online but you never know when it's online so I figured i'd call and check for myself.
Rep: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (yes he really said a long hmm) I don't know. That's a good question, let me check.
Me: Ok thanks.
*He steps away from the phone for a good 45 seconds*
Rep: Sir are you there?
Me: Yea i'm here.
Rep: It doesn't look like it but it's showing up in our system as next month on the 15th.
Me: Wait. The pre-order availability begins on the 15th or the phone is released on the 15th?
Rep: I don't know, that's a good question. It's just showing up in our system for the 15th of next month. I haven't heard anything about a pre-order yet so I don't know.

So, that 15th could be the day pre-orders begin in their system or it could be an actual release date. I've never heard of a pre-order being done in their systems. When I did a pre-order for a pre when it was released, it was just a piece of paper and the manager took everyone's name down.

Maybe I just got them to leak the release date or maybe i'm just being hopeful.

Pre-ordered one today at a Sprint store. It's in "sales force" which is some internal system or at least that's what the rep said.

You have to buy a $50 gift card when you pre-order, so you can just opt not to buy and get something else if you want.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

porksmash posted:

Looks like we will soon know if the EVO 3D has a locked/signed/whatever bootloader: http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/05/16/htc-evo-3d-system-dump-leaked-get-it-while-its-hot/

Don't take this as gospel, but:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/evo-3d/84920-htc-evo3d-system-dump.html

About three posts down from an "Adviser":

"bootloader is locked but not encrypted"

That's the way the Evo 4G shipped, so that would be best case next to unlocked, which no one expected.

I'm only putting any stock at all into this because the guy posting it is a mod or adviser or whatever, but I'll wait to see it confirmed elsewhere.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

The Entire Universe posted:

So I take this to essentially mean that ROM development will be only mildly set back at first, then change to being a moderate chance of bricking, then be OK?

My biggest fear is that somehow this phone sells somewhat slowly at first among the homebrew crowd, thus putting the same damper on development as what exacerbates the panamax-sized load of hurdles to development on the Epic. I understand that its an HTC and thus carries a cleaner name than Samsung, but the rumor of a new Google "dev phone" coming out in Q4 makes me worry that people might just hold off.

My view is, yes, you're right there will need to be an effort into unlocking the bootloader. But, if this is the only HTC unencrypted bootloader with a dual-core, it's going to be the hacker phone of choice right behind the Nexus phones. The Evo 4G is one of the most popular phones on CM right now, something like 25k people which doesn't include people with stats turned off.

There's already an open-source 4G implementation for WiMAX and HDMI mirroring. The only thing would be getting the dual camera an 3D effect working, which I could definitely live without. Sense is also looking pretty mean, the lock screen isn't crap anymore, their Exchange email client is tons better than AOSP, so I'm not too concerned about being stuck on Sense for a while.

That's my 2 cents, I'm still not putting too much faith in the unencrypted bootloader yet, but I wouldn't worry about it too much if it's just locked.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Deadpan Science posted:

Some sales guy at a sprint store told my friend that he wouldn't be able to buy an evo 3d off contract. Is that true?

It's not true at all as long as they're willing to pay $500 or whatever for the phone. That is unless Sprint is doing something very different with the Evo 3D which is not terribly likely.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Chunk posted:

http://www.phonedog.com/2011/05/22/htc-evo-3d-to-be-priced-at-199-99-at-radioshack/

URL says it all. EVO 3d likely priced at $200.

No surprises so far.

EDIT: The Green Hornet in 3D. Awesome, 3 dimensions of a bad movie.

900ftjesus fucked around with this message at 02:55 on May 23, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

letsgoflyers81 posted:

I'm a Premier customer and I got knocked down to silver when they changed the rules, but I'm pretty sure I'm grandfathered in to still get my 12 month upgrade through June this year, unless I'm remembering wrong. I got my EVO on launch day last year, so does that mean I should be able to trade in my EVO 4G for an EVO 3D for only $100? Just trying to make sure I'm not overlooking anything.

Listings on Craigslist for the Evo 4G are $200-$350 right now, mostly $250 and up. Taking $100 from Radioshack is a pretty lowball offer.