Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

ButtaKnife posted:

The iPhone is a decent option, but Apple, and they also abandon older devices eventually. Windows phones haven't had enough time to show us their true colors, aside from the WP7 phones which were left for dead when WP8 shipped. We don't yet know what MS will do with WP8 phones going forward.

Good luck!
Microsoft actually released the 7.8 update after Windows Phone 8 came out, although it needs to be force installed if you want to use it on an HTC Arrive.

The support lifecycle for WP8 is at least 36 months. It was originally 18. I pointed out to someone on the team that most people sign a 2 year contract so 18 months is kind of an asinine number. I'd like to think I may have made them change their stance but I doubt I'm the only one who pointed it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Is that the USPS thing?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
SERO is still a great plan but the issue is a lot of us have had a lot of problems with the network. The low price loses its value if you can't actually use the service.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
That seems more technically feasible. I suppose it could happen with T-Mobile if Sprint gets 100% LTE and switches to voice over LTE. So, like, maybe in a million years.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

bobula posted:

Anyone with a SERO account tried ordering a Moto X through Moto Maker? I designed a phone and tried to buy it but when I enter my phone number it says business and corporate accounts cannot be serviced through the site. It doesn't offer a phone number to call or anything and it also says activations powered by Best Buy on the site. Am I out of luck and have to order a boring stock colored Moto X through Sprint?

e: It also looks as though Sprint doesn't offer the 32 gb version either. Lame.

Nobody with SERO has ever been able to order through anything but the Sprint website or corporate stores. Sorry. There is always the option of buying the phone outright and then activating it without signing a new contract, but I bet that's expensive.