Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
If anyone needs a referral, let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

joyfulgirl129 posted:

I very much might need this in the next week or so.

Sent, feel free to edit out your e-mail address if you'd like

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

Mahoning posted:

As far as primary/secondary lines on the account, Sprint's billing system is the absolute worst for it because it pretty much assigns the primary line arbitrarily. This normally wouldn't matter much except that of course, they added the whole premier upgrade thing.

Example: If you have one line on an account thats been on there for 5 years, you meet some chick, get married, and want to add her on and make it a family plan. Unless you actually tell the rep adding the line to go out of his way to be sure that YOUR phone is the primary, the added line will more than likely end up the primary. The reason is it goes by which line had the family plan added to it first, and most reps would add the line, create the family plan, then change the original line to that family plan. Result: YOUR phone is the secondary line, HERS is the primary, even though it JUST got added.

How to fix this? Well, call customer service. Now. Seriously, they can change it but it takes several billing cycles to go into effect.

I'm going to ask around about this at the office tomorrow since I know a few people that work on the billing system, it doesn't make much sense that the host line wouldn't be primary, and especially that it would take several billing cycles to go into effect

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

zeek40 posted:

What's a "spectrum protection site"? Is that just some kind of frequency squatting intended to gently caress over companies interested in actually providing service there?

Unless I'm mistaken, other companies shouldn't be able to provide service on a spectrum that another company owns. So I feel like that shouldn't be possible

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
boom

http://www.broadbandreports.com/shownews/Credit-Suisse-SprintLightsquared-Deal-to-be-Announced-Soon-113587

quote:

Credit Suisse: Sprint/Lightsquared Deal to be Announced Soon
Lightsquared Will Lease Access to 45,000 Sprint Base Stations
by Karl Bode yesterday tags: competition · business · bandwidth

You may have noted that Lightsquared is certainly talking a lot for a company that doesn't actually have an LTE network built yet -- something that many correctly point out when expressing skepticism about whether or not the company pulls their LTE plans off. However, as we noted in an exclusive story in March, a big portion of Lightsquared's plans involve piggybacking on Sprint's planned $5 billion base-station retrofit, which is being done in part to help Sprint transition from Mobile WiMax to LTE. Credit Suisse now insists that the deal should be announced within a month, closely followed by a new network sharing deal with Clearwire with Sprint in the driver's seat:

"We assume LightSquared leases access to all 45,000 Sprint base stations, giving them a nationwide network. We assume they lease base stations at the pace that Sprint installs them, with lease payments starting at the beginning of 2012 and covering all 45,000 base stations by the end of 2013. We assume Clearwire leases 28,000 base stations to expand coverage to another 70 million POPs and replace some of their existing base stations. Clearwire will need an estimated 12,000 base stations in addition to the base stations they lease from Sprint, because they have higher frequency spectrum than Sprint (we assume Sprint's network will be configured for 1.9GHz spectrum, which has greater reach than Clearwire's 2.5GHz spectrum)."

According to the Sprint network roadmap, their network upgrade project involves having Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson and Samsung retrofit every Sprint cell site, eliminating the refrigerator-sized cabinets for each technology (800 MHz, 1.9 GHz and 2.5 GHz) in favor of small, more energy efficient multi-mode base stations. While Sprint publicly is playing coy about whether or not they'll make the shift to LTE, the decision has already been made -- Mobile WiMax and LTE networks will be run simultaneously at first -- and Clearwire and Lightsquared will play a very large role in the transition.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

The Entire Universe posted:

Cool, maybe in 5-10 years I'll see something lighting up here in Omaha.

No, really. Moderate-sized city in Sprint HQ's backyard and they couldn't be arsed to put up as much as a single protection tower. I understand Wimax is apparently being phased out but not even a single goddamn tower? Why yes Sprint of course I'll believe it's coming soon.

I still have moral obligations to myself not to switch to Verizon (aka the Comcast of mobile networks) or AT&T (aka the bunny ears antenna of mobile networks), so I'll just accept that Mr. Hesse just hits me because he loves me.

Technically Clearwire was the one building out the 4G network, so as long as you get 3G Sprint did their job. Now, if you don't get 4G by the end of 2013, then you could probably objectively blame Sprint, but afaik no other carriers have 4G in Omaha either

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
uuhhhhhhhh

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/08/leaked-verizon-unleashed-pricing-sheets-detail-50-unlimited-tal/

I wonder what comes after "Mobile web does not provide full..."

edit: nvm this looks like prepaid stuff, at first I thought it was the Simply Everything plan for $50 which was like :stare:

torb main fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 8, 2011

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

brc64 posted:

Sprint, you so crazy.

http://now.sprint.com/alltogethernow/ (WARNING: turn down your speakers before clicking!)

Yeah, if I were 100 (or any age, really), I'm not sure I'd want everyone and their mother knowing my e-mail address and phone number...

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

Stevie Lee posted:

Woah, the Echo is actually good? (according to Engadget)

I think they're taking it for what it is, a new idea on an existing platform coupled with solid engineering. It's a first generation device, so it's going to have its flaws, but if it gets proper support from the application development community and diligent updates from the Kyocera folks, it really could end up being a very good device with subsequently better hardware refreshes. I'm guessing in the future they (Kyocera or other device manufactuers who decide to enter this particular niche) will try to further minimize the middle gap, continue to refine the hinge, and include 4G without killing the battery life. Overall I think they hit it dead on: while not perfect, the idea is executed about as well as you could hope for and sets the groundwork for future dual-screen devices.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

"d[-.- posted:

b"]
How much data d you 4g people tend to use. I was pretty sure I was going to jump onto my sister's family plan at ATT once the new iPhone came out, but the 2 gig limit is worrying me more and more. Especially if the new iPhone has HSPA+, those 2 gigs will get used up pretty quickly. This is making me lean toward getting a 3D Evo, despite me not really liking Android as a platform. The monthly cost of each will be within $5 of each other, so pricing isn't really an issue. My main concern is that data usage for me is only going to go up, especially considering faster internet, more applications that use it, and higher quality streaming video. I really like Apple's hardware,and iOS just seems so much smoother. Any suggestions or comments to help me make a decision?

Oh, I also tend to thing that ATT is an evil company.

Really your answer is going to change from person to person. I barely use 1GB a month, but I also don't use my phone for streaming video very often and it's connected to my wireless both at home and work, so there's not a lot of time when it's actually using data on the network. There is extra incentive to stay on Sprint if you've been on for a while because you'll get better offers and such the longer you're a customer. There's also the chance that the next generation of iPhone comes to Sprint, in which case all of your problems are solved. There really isn't an easy yes or no answer, it's just personal preference, but the rumor is that the next iPhone will be a world phone (both GSM and CDMA) which could mean it comes to Sprint.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

god this blows posted:

I just got the e-mail saying May 8.
I also saw this thread stating that Sprint is reducing 3G coverage.
http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/281992#281992

If you'll notice, there's a pretty big post on page 2 explaning the change (also that first map is really old) - basically it was due to a "free" two-way roaming agreement between Alltel and Sprint back in like 2006, but Verizon bought Alltel then divested some of its holdings (in the areas that have become grey) to AT&T. AT&T could have either a) charged Sprint exorbitant roaming fees to use these towers or b) just turned off CDMA altogether, and it looks like if AT&T didn't turn off CDMA, Sprint wasn't willing to pay the fees AT&T was planning on charging for cell-site colocation.

At least, that's what my understanding from the thread is. Pretty lovely but not really much Sprint could do there except get hosed in the rear end by AT&T (a common theme when they are involved it seems like).

I think that could possibly change with the FCC ruling on fair roaming prices, but I'm not really all that read-up on this so I don't know for sure.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
So I played around with the EVO3D yesterday for a little bit. It's about what you'd expect - an EVO with a 3D camera and display. I didn't get to play around with it long enough to comment on battery life or performance, but I did take a couple pictures with the camera. One thing I noticed was that the 3D effect was really weird if you accidentally blurred your shot. It's really kind of a trippy experience, but if 3D photos aren't your bag it's really easy just to switch to the 2D camera. I really hope some sort of support for 3D menus comes out because that would be sweet

torb main fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Apr 27, 2011

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

sirbeefalot posted:

I'd really like to see where AR apps go with access to 3D camera hardware. For some reason I think that would be really loving cool. Also 3D support in video chat so you can show someone around with the rear cameras and have it display in 3D! Obviously they would have to have a capable device, but still.

I agree, I think I mentioned AR stuff when it was announced and everyone was bagging on 3D being a gimmick. I also watched a few videos of the AR games for the 3DS and man, yeah, that would be awesome. I remember some keynote where someone was using their cameraphone with an app and it showed what people were tweeting about wherever the camera was pointed - that's the kind of scenario where 3D would be sweet (albeit about as "luxury" of a feature as it can get)

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

900ftjesus posted:

I imagine there's a deal being worked out with Sprint TV or Blockbuster (or whoever owns them now) for a 3D movie service. Maybe not, but it seems dumb not to leverage the screen as best you can.

So far I've heard the LCD on the 3D (disregarding the 3D) is better quality than the Evo4G. Any comments on the new version of Sense or was your time too limited? How about size and weight compared to the 4G?

For size and weight it's roughly the same. Obviously it feels a little different since it has the two cameras and that little ridge in the back for the cameras/LED flashes, but overall the difference is barely noticeable. From the front, if it weren't for the camera 2D/3D toggle, it would look almost exactly the same. I mostly played around with the camera, but I'm personally a fan of Sense so I liked 3.0 - really my extent of playing with it was swiping through the menus once, though.

Should make the disclaimer that I don't own the 4G so I don't really know a whole lot about the subtle differences, but from what I could tell, they really wanted to just "evolve" the EVO form factor and change only so much to support 3D.

brc64 posted:

How was the 3D screen overall? I've played with a couple of 3DS's in retail stores and the effect left me fairly unimpressed. I found it extremely difficult to find and then maintain the ideal viewing angle, and if I moved off of that even just a little bit the effect was a little disorienting.

If you found the 3DS effect underwhelming, then you'll find the EVO 3D's display underwhelming. It's actually more difficult to adjust the depth of the 3D effect on the EVO than on the 3DS (there's no slider). That said, 3D capability aside, it's still a badass phone.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

FlyingCheese posted:

So I'm currently on Verizon, looking to switch to Sprint. What are my chances of getting on EPRP and an EVO 3D at or near launch? The EPRP website still has the regular EVO out of stock. What the hell?

EVOs and Optimuses (Optimii?) are hard to get right now, not sure the reason

But you should be able to get on EPRP at EVO 3D launch

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

metztli posted:

Retentions

I know this is super lame, but you should send an e-mail to dan @ sprint.com and tell them your story. They'll make sure retentions and sometimes even the person who helped you get recognized. I'm not sure how they handle raises but it might even help them with merit increases or short term incentive bonuses.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

brc64 posted:

What are the odds of the EVO 3D coming out before then? If so, I'll line up. If not, I have to wait until December. :(

I'd be surprised if it launches after 6/30 really

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

Slo-Tek posted:

Upgrade time. Like an hour from now. Wife has an Evo, and a two-line data plan. I currently have a dumb phone.

Leaning hard toward the Evo Shift. I cannot type a 16 character alphanumeric password in to the Evo virtual keyboard. I've experimented with my wife's evo for an hour or more, and I cannot get used to the touchscreen.

Reassure me that I want an Evo Shift. I want to be able to be able to google poo poo in the car, and that is the overwhelming majority of what I will do with it.

This the way to go? I don't really care about call quality, since I don't really call people, I just want internet and schedule everywhere.

Is the Epic still not worth having in my circumstance?

I'm not sure if you're devoted to android or not, but if the keyboard is a big deal you should try out the keyboard on the Arrive (a WP7 phone). It's excellent.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
Did anyone see this? :raise:

http://www.mobilebusinessbriefing.com/article/sprint-linked-to-data-pricing-strategy-switch-next-week

quote:

Reports suggest US operator Sprint is to perform a u-turn on its data pricing strategy and is set to launch a tiered tariff strategy from May 8. Unconfirmed speculation suggests the carrier will drop its unlimited data offering and begin charging 3GB/month access for US$34.99, 5GB for US$49.99 and 10GB for US$79.99.

Such a move would be significant as Sprint has previously been very vocal in its belief that next-generation networks do not need tiered data tariffs to help relieve network congestion issues. In March CEO Dan Hesse (pictured) appeared in a TV ad that took aim at the industry’s definition of ‘unlimited.’ Sprint’s rivals Verizon and AT&T are moving to such a tiered strategy (based on either download limits or speed limits). However, Hesse appears to have waivered in his stance recently, noting at the CTIA Wireless trade event at the end of March that the operator “may need to have different rate plans” in order to compete effectively in the future. Indeed, he added at the time that “we are monitoring the situation very closely.”

I'm not sure I believe this for two reasons - first, the "unlimited" ad campaign that was just run, and secondly, the whole point of the $10 was to preclude going to this system.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

TheBlackMallard posted:

http://mobile.engadget.com/2011/05/03/sprint-set-to-introduce-tiered-data-for-mobile-broadband-steal/

Engadget is saying it's just for mobile broadband which is a lot more likely.

Wow, I'm dumb. I was really :wtf: there for a moment.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

ExcessBLarg! posted:

The quoted prices don't make sense at all for a data plan add-on, that was my first tip-off that it was probably data cards.

In general though it wouldn't surprise me if Sprint eventually moves to a tiered model. With spectrum there's finite capacity. You can only split a cell so many times before the noise level gets too high. This is fundamental to RF. The only way you can have "truly unlimited" plans is to have an overabundance of spectrum relative to customers who actually use it. Between Verzion, AT&T, and Sprint, Sprint is the most likely to be in this category. But eventually if they get enough subscribers they will run into capacity issues in certain markets. Once that happens, they'll have to choose one of the not so great options: soft-caps/QoS, hard-caps, or usage disincentives (tiered pricing).

I'm guessing this is why Sprint is maintaining its relationship with Clearwire (as well as talking to LightSquared) - if Sprint enters into a cell-site sharing agreement with those two companies, it should have PLENTY of spectrum, even for the most densely populated areas. I'm not sure what range LightSquared's spectrum is in, but Clearwire's 2.5 GHz spectrum combined with Sprint's 1900 and 800 MHz spectrum will create an optimal solution for those populated areas by combining all of them on one cell site. A very crude visualization, but this is what I mean:

(2.5 ghz range is the inner ring, 1900 mhz the middle ring, and 800 mhz the outer ring)

Since cell sites are usually located as close to dense population as possible, they'll try to get as many users on 2.5 ghz as possible at a time since it has more throughput and can thus handle more users. As a user moves further away from the tower or go inside buildings, they'd get handed off to lower and lower spectrums as they have greater range.

I'm guessing this is stuff you already know, but figured I'd throw out an explanation of how new cell sites work anyway. I think Sprint is going to maintain unlimited pricing options for the foreseeable future, but maybe begin offering capped data plans at lower prices in order to cater to people like ratbert90 who don't need unlimited.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

nate fisher posted:

I saw last night on Android Central that Best Buy is now taking pre-orders for the EVO 3D, but they are not advertising it yet. I guess they are waiting until the Nexus S is released this weekend before going on a marketing blitz. I might drop $50 on one for my wife this week.

So I just confirmed this with a friend of mine that works in Best Buy mobile, that's kinda funny

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

ThermoPhysical posted:

I'm looking into getting the Nexus S 4G but I'm new to postpaid I have a few questions.

1. I don't have 4G where I live, I'm sure this won't make a difference and I can just use 3G, right?

2. I'd like to get on the EPRP plan for $59.99. How would I go about doing this? I found a random rep's e-mail and 3 digit code but I don't know if it would work since it seems to be about 2 years old.

3. When I entered the rep's info into Sprint's EPRP site, the phone selection seems to be pretty limited. Should I just wait until the Nexus S 4G is out for a while before getting an account or can I set up an EPRP account and have the phone already? I'd like to waive the activation fee if possible and it seems I can do that online.

4. Would I have to pay for my first month up front such as with pre-paid or do I start paying in June?

Thanks!

1. yes, also clearwire seems to be building and activating new wimax towers again so you might get it in the future

2. i can help you with this, send me an email at alman84 @ gmail.com and i'll send you the info

3. you might be better off waiting until it actually comes out, but duckman2008 is probably a better resource for this question

4. another duckman2008 question

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
Regarding Google Voice integration:

Sprint posted:

"We are happy to bring an integrated Google Voice experience on Sprint CDMA phones to millions of Sprint customers.

"Some customers have not been able to access Google Voice because their accounts are public sector/government accounts (including teachers, military, firemen, etc.) or corporate accounts. This was done to accommodate corporations or organizations responsible/liable for paying the bill.

"However, we're also aware that customers who receive a discount through their corporation or organization (including teachers, military, firemen, etc.) but are personally liable for their account/bill have also been unable to access Google Voice. We are working to address that unintended consequence and expect to have that changed in our systems soon.

"We also are working with corporations and public sector accounts that are liable for paying the bill to make Google Voice available if they would like their employees/members to be able to access it. We will provide this capability if the corporation/organization liable for the account approves it."

If you meet a customer who is experiencing problems accessing Google Voice and they DON'T have a corporate liable or government/public sector account, please have them contact Sprint Customer Care so that team may determine what is causing the issue and get that resolved for the customer.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

TLG James posted:

Should I be able to walk into a sprint store and get the Nexus S on sunday?

I don't really see why not

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

thisdude23 posted:

Blame all problems on Samsung.

This is actually easier

edit: a little off topic, but a couple redtail hawks have taken up residence on the sprint hq campus, these pictures own

torb main fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 9, 2011

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

El_Matarife posted:

Sprint's campus is drat gorgeous, at least during the spring. I was a few blocks away for a wedding about 6 weeks ago and took some amazing photos of the trees blooming pink and purple.

It's really nice year-round, I actually took a picture a few months ago when we had a snowstorm and it was really cool looking too (I posted it in this thread too I think? it might have been the old one though)

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
Wow, this is an absolutely spot-on article about where Sprint is headed:

http://connectedplanetonline.com/3g4g/news/are-we-witnessing-the-resurgence-of-sprint-0510/

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Except that's not LTE vs WiMAX, but 700 MHz vs 2500, or more appropriately, Verizon 4G vs Sprint 4G.

It's worth mentioning as Network Vision and the decomissioning of iDEN will enable Sprint to provide WiMAX (and later LTE) service in 850 MHz band with comparable building penetration, but still have adequate capacity with the 2500 MHz band, although this likely won't be usable with current WiMAX phones. Conversely, if Sprint were to deploy LTE in the 2500 band, it would suffer the same problems as their current WiMAX deployment.

As a side note, there should be announcements about the specifics of this plan sometime this summer. If I remember right, I believe the language they used was "mid-2011", but maybe early 3Q

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

god this blows posted:

The problem is that this is great for cities but not all of us live in cities. I currently live in the "country" and I'm roaming in my house even though at the beginning of the year I wasn't. 2.5Ghz is great in cities but it sucks in the "country." Also Sprint doesn't have the sheer number of towers that Verizon or AT&T does. Spectrum is great, but if you don't have towers they're going to cost more to put up than the people who already have the towers.

That's what the 700 and 800 mhz spectrum is for, and why Sprint is decommissioning its iden network on their 800 mhz holdings.

edit: also just made a connection with the following paragraphs from that article:

quote:

If the rumors of a Sprint-LightSquared network sharing deal are true, Sprint would gain access to another 59 MHz of spectrum. That would give Sprint a potential LTE network with more capacity than any of the other operators’ 2G, 3G and 4G networks combined.

Sprint would have to share that capacity with Clearwire and LightSquared’s wholesale customers and Clearwire’s own retail operations, but they’d also share capital expenditures, operational costs and possibly even some of those wholesale revenues. So Sprint not only could offer the most robust mobile broadband network in the country it could offer that network the most cost-effectively.

and that is why both AT&T's and T-Mobile's spectrum argument is more or less bullshit, but that's for another thread

torb main fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 12, 2011

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

Stevie Lee posted:

I thought Sprint usually overnighted phones? The Optimus I ordered Tuesday night isn't getting delivered until Monday. Kind of disappointing.

The Optimus has been in very high demand, so it could be that they were waiting for stock to come in. Kind of unlikely, but it's a possibility.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

Stevie Lee posted:

It shipped yesterday morning, but stayed in Kentucky all day.

Strange, I'm not sure what happened then

Also a quick update on Google Voice stuff:

Customers on a discount plan who weren't able to access GV:
Sprint customers who receive a discount on their personal accounts* through a partnership between Sprint and their employer (corporation or gov. agency) or an organization are now able to sign up for Google Voice through https://www.google.com/voice/sprint. (*By personal accounts we are referring to accounts maintained and paid for by individuals.)

Customers having trouble accessing GV:
We also are addressing the root cause of several issues that people have encountered when trying to use Google Voice, including voicemail, international dialing and removing Google Voice. We are working on a fix and will have that in place as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have a problem you may call Customer Care to help determine what is causing the issue.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

Deadpan Science posted:

Is there a release day for the Evo 3D yet?

no but i'd be surprised if there's not an announcement within the next couple of weeks

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
Blogs are blowing up about some analyst's remarks about the next iPhone coming to Sprint and T-Mobile. I guess he's saying it's called the iPhone 4S, and it will ship without LTE support but will have HSPA+ enabled which gives AT&T and T-Mobile some marketing leverage over Verizon and Sprint. Either way, to those Sprint people who are jonesing for an iOS device, it may be coming this fall.

http://gizmodo.com/5801860/lte+free-backup-plan-iphone-4s-could-land-this-september

quote:

If and when an iPhone update arrives this year, it may do so with a small suffix and some new carrier friends. Mainly, you can expect an "iPhone 4S" in September, with support for Sprint and T-Mobile.

The details, as they are wont to be, are scant and come from an analyst's recent research note. In this case, analyst Peter Misek, of Jefferies & Co., who writes in Forbes that there will be nary a hint of 4G connectivity and that the phone is actually a "Backup plan" phone.

Why a backup plan? Because the LTE tech Apple was testing in prototypes did not meet that company's well-known strict performance and user experience quality standards. In other words, which means I'm making an educated guess, it sounds like the battery was being sucked dry in a manner that was far too fast and fleeting.

As AppleInsider, ourselves and other tech sites have noted, these rumors are in line with what we've heard since about April: Apple has delayed the phone, it will have a slightly larger screen, and will look similar to the current model. A faster A5 processor like the one nestled within the iPad 2 and an 8MP camera round out the rest of today's rumor mill grist.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

Chappy posted:

We are over capacity in a lot of areas. This growth was kind of unexpected apparently.

see: AT&T post-iPhone

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

Lowen SoDium posted:

Gotcha. I though they were implying that there was a single phone that came out recently that upped the subscribers. I have had an EVO since it came out, and I personally have more friends that have the EVO than have an iPhone so I know it is a popular phone.

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that there had been any sort of killer device launch, it just seems like a confluence of subs and promotions over the past year or so have brought a lot more customers onto the network. The good news is that all of the towers are being upgraded in the near future, so as long as it's not a backhaul problem then most of those problems should be alleviated (if it truly is a tower capacity problem).

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

averox posted:

This is pretty much it. Don't make it a certainty that Sprint will have unlimited data forever. I think for the most part this is just how they have to play the game in order to be competitive.

The $10 "smartphone fee" will help alleviate the problems of meeting consumer demand with unlimited data, but yeah it's going to be tough to continue offering relatively cheap unlimited data especially if Sprint continues to add smartphone users.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
EVO 3D is now available for pre-order at Sprint stores (as well as the HTC View tablet) for a $50 gift card each

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
A cam watching redtail hawks on the Sprint campus :3: (where we almost got hit by a tornado this morning!!)

http://www.varacam.com/index.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

Steve Moore posted:

I was going to ask how you guys are holding up with the tornado conditions these days.