Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naughty_penguin
Oct 9, 2005
Fun Shoe

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Anyway, apparently Kalamazoo, MI (specifically around Western Michigan University) has had 4g for almost a month and I'm just now finding out about it. Unfortunately I'm about five miles away in Portage and I can't seem to get anything.

Where did you hear about this? The coverage map doesn't show 4G, and I am standing right by that hideous statue outside Wood Hall and I am not getting 4G.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naughty_penguin
Oct 9, 2005
Fun Shoe

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I got a text from a friend who heard about it so I googled it and theres a thread on XDA discussing it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1020086

edit: p.s. is that the gay orgy statue? I haven't been there in a couple year.

Haha indeed it is. I guess I will try wandering around campus a little bit more and see what happens.

E: Wow that XDA thread went to poo poo really fast.

naughty_penguin fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 6, 2011

naughty_penguin
Oct 9, 2005
Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure clearwire is headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI which is like 45 minutes away from Kzoo.

naughty_penguin
Oct 9, 2005
Fun Shoe
So wait, is this new EVO really going to be 5.3"? Why are these phones getting so huge? I think the OG EVO 4G is about as big as my pockets can handle without me looking really happy all the time. I think they are blurring the line between tablet and phone a bit much for me.

Is the only reasonably sized newer phone in Sprint's lineup going to be the iPhone?

naughty_penguin
Oct 9, 2005
Fun Shoe

McPhearson posted:

I know MMS works great in hangouts. Don't know about iOS group messages.

They work great too.