Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Does Sprint do a discount for federal employees? Is there any kind of obligation or conditions associated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Everytime I restart my EVO Shift, the phone sends random old texts to people in my contacts. Is this an Android problem?

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Just discovered pdanet. If I'm on an everything data plan, will I be capped at a certain number of gb of data use? The OP mentions some limits!

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
This is odd. My EVO Shift's Gtalk app no longer works and my GMail no longer pushes to phone. Recently got the update to the next version of Android....but no other settings changed. Always on 3G. Anyone else run into this issue or hear about it?

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

Duckman2008 posted:

2.3 is really slow and keeps crashing. App support for certain apps (twitter/facebook) is hit or miss. The big thing is the phone keeps crashing.

Is this going to get patched, or are we stuck with this until the next release?

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

St. Blaize posted:

I fixed this by unchecking "auto-sync", rebooting, then rechecking it.

This fixed my problem too! Also with Gchat.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I sat down in a hot tub with my phone. Put it in a bag of rice for several days and now it turns on, but now the screen is a bit blotchy. How much does it cost to replace a screen? Can I just take it to any electronic repair store and get it done?

Edit: Evo Shift

jerman999 fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jul 26, 2011

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
If anyone has an EVO3D or an Iphone (or a decent android smartphone) they want to sell me, come to this thread. Really want to get rid of this crappy blackberry.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

letsgoflyers81 posted:

IMO, any hardware shortcomings the GN may have will be worth it to not have to deal with OEM changes to ICS. Samsung, HTC, and Motorola are all continuing to add their own software and fundamentally changing the Android experience. Plus that means delays in updates. Even if other devices come out that have slightly better hardware, it's just not worth it.

I actually like the HTC Sense UI :smith:

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Pretty annoyed with my EVO 3D, in the last week it's developed a weird touchscreen quirk where the bottom right part of the screen will just stop working directly over the backspace button on the keyboard. Is this common?? Can I fix it myself?

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

Duckman2008 posted:

Extremely common. Take it to a sprint repair center and have them fix it. Those screens aren't cheap last I checked, and a 3D screen is hard as balls to swap.

That is incredibly annoying. How much will I expect to pay if I don't have insurance and it's out of warranty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
What would be my ETF on a 2 yr contract that expires on 1/8/13? I'm pretty done with Sprint and ready to move on once the iPhone 5 (or whatever it'll be called) comes out.