Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fyreblaize
Nov 2, 2006

Your language is silly
Is there anything faster for downloading an image than using NSURLRequest? Right now, a 135k jpeg is taking 2-4 seconds to completely download, and the time between the initial request and response is anywhere from 400ms to 1.5s.

I'm working on displaying a full page ad before a video plays, and I'd like to avoid having to preload the ad and just download it when the request is made, but if it's gonna take more than a couple seconds I'll probably have to resort to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU