Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I'm in the process of creating a company. My incorporation is almost complete, but there are a few more steps left. In the meantime while the lawyers are taking care of that, I would like to start doing some programming. Since eventually I will be signing up through the Apple Dev program as a company, and not an individual, should I just buy XCode now, and sign up later for the program? It seems like from Modig's experience, it can take some time anyway. (Also, I'm impatient)

Edit: My impatience took over. What's 5 bucks? Chump change, that's what. If anyone has any experience with signing up a company with the Developer program I'd love to hear about it. Ease of signing up, what all they required (like EID or other papers), etc. Thanks!

Nybble fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Apr 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

kitten smoothie posted:

This is a reply that's a week late, but I signed up as an individual so I could test on my device and then had my account converted to a company account when I was ready to sell stuff. Took only about a week to change it over and I just had to fax over a copy of the incorporation certificate I got from the state to document the company.

This is great to know. I think I'm about done with incorporation anyway, but haven't gotten word from Delaware yet. I may end up doing this. Does it show your name and your company next to your app? Or just the company?