Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss
>:3

Glad these are all in one now! When you post the issue you're having, at least try to differentiate between cocoa and cocoa touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss

WWDC 2011 has been announced!

http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/about/

Fake edit: Anyone know what the Student Scholarship contains?

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss

TOMSOVERBAGHDAD posted:

The student scholarship is traditionally just a conference ticket; I doubt they'd change it to include anything extra.

I meant the application process, sorry.

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss

Anal Volcano posted:

So I'm getting an ultra-generously donated older Mac Mini soon. Thing is, I don't know if it's a Core Duo or Core 2 Duo, only that it's a fairly early one with a gig of RAM. Am I gonna be able to develop iOS/OSX apps on it if it's a Core Duo? Either way, I'm gonna use it for web development (not a lot of processing power needed there), but it'd be awesome if I could start on iOS development too :)

Can you do it? Yes. Will it be ideal? No.

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss

Quickpull posted:

Is anyone familiar with Corona?

It looks pretty slick but I haven't heard much about it.

What are you trying to make? Games or just apps in general without using Cocoa Touch?

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss

Bob Morales posted:

Is there any reason not to do stuff like puzzle games in just plain UIKit?

Not really. UIKit is fine for a simple puzzle game. I think goon made Scoops was made with UIKit mostly.

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss

Sir Davey posted:

2.13: Apps that are primarily marketing materials or advertisements will be rejected

And that's it. What should we do from here? Our client won't pay us until the app is in the store, I've already poured many hours into this app and it's pissing me off. Right now the app does not have much content because the client did not give us any. I had to make up for it by looking at other sites in which they are referenced to get some flyers/events, but we only have 1 photo gallery and 1 video and 1 music... I'm guessing that's a large part of the issue?

I think the issue is that it is an advertisement for the club. You could always ask specifically how the app is advertising, or how the reviewers saw that it was just an advertisement. To me it seems like one, but that's just my opinion.

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss

Nybble posted:

I'm in the process of creating a company. My incorporation is almost complete, but there are a few more steps left. In the meantime while the lawyers are taking care of that, I would like to start doing some programming. Since eventually I will be signing up through the Apple Dev program as a company, and not an individual, should I just buy XCode now, and sign up later for the program? It seems like from Modig's experience, it can take some time anyway. (Also, I'm impatient)

Edit: My impatience took over. What's 5 bucks? Chump change, that's what. If anyone has any experience with signing up a company with the Developer program I'd love to hear about it. Ease of signing up, what all they required (like EID or other papers), etc. Thanks!

Why not just use Xcode 3, oh wait too late.

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss

I find developer support extremely accommodating.

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss

klem_johansen posted:

anybody know why an app would exit on suspend even though "exit on suspend" is set to no in the info.plist? I'm using the newest version of PhoneGap. It suspends fine in the simulator but on the device it restarts after I hit the button and then touch the icon again.

Memory would be a logical reason I believe.

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss

I feel like its harder to go through all the loops and bounds to not use Objective-C, than it is to learn and use Objective-C.

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss

Small White Dragon posted:

A number of games (especially ports) simply define an AppDelegate and UIView subclass in Objective-C, and then handle everything else in C.

Objective-C is a superset so they're close enough. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss

Has anyone had any luck copying files from an AFP server on Mac OS X? I've gotten as far as mounting the volume with FSMountServerVolumeSync() however I am stumped as to how to copy files from the AFP volume. Any ideas?