Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
I've got an App idea I want to develop, but don't have access to a mac. I suppose my options are to use a third party SDK (Airplay or MoSync or <insert your better idea here>) or try to set up dual boot windows/hackintosh on my computer, hopefully without having to reformat and start from scratch. I know the OP says third party SDK's tend to make garbage apps, but that sounds like it would be a lot easier than possibly destroying my windows install. What would you guys recommend?

e: if you happen to know of a tutorial that starts with "I have a windows PC" and ends with "I can dual boot windows/mac and didn't reformat", that would be swell. There's a lot of tutorials out there that I think I could adjust, but having an existing one would make life easier.

ZombieApostate fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Tux Racer posted:

I have OSX running in a VM, and it was nearly painless to set up. There are plenty of tutorials floating around, and of course the hackintosh thread in SHSC.

A VM would be great to at least test the water and make sure it'd be worth the trouble of setting up a Mac environment to work in, but my processor doesn't support Hardware Virtualization and everything I've seen leads me to believe a Mac VM won't work without it :saddowns: