Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Stanford's iOS course updated for iOS6 in case anyone is learning:

http://t.co/1EW3VMfV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Oh hey, I guess this explains all those weird AppleID password reset emails I got on the 10th.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Trying to renew my dev account.

...oh, okay then. As long as it's unknown.

Really hoping to get my hands on an aTV dev kit but at this point I'm guessing they're probably gating it to people who have had legitimate projects in the app store etc, and a fresh face isn't likely to get one.

edit: Oh they're only releasing more dev units to people who were in the first lottery I guess, oh well.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 5, 2015

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Dessert Rose posted:

They definitely were gating it on App Store submissions as well, though I don't know if the second wave included people who didn't have them. (I have an app in the store, but it wasn't cool enough for wave 1. Got it on wave 2 though!)

Well I emailed them and asked about getting added to wave 2 but I'm not expecting much (including a response) so I guess I'll have to pay the full price. Still, I'm excited to get into Swift on tvOS. Much mores than I ever was developing for iOS for some reason.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Those of you who got in the aTV dev "beta", what extra hardware did you need to buy to load builds onto your aTV hardware? Some kind of USB-C cable?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Thanks, so this should be sufficient?

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030319&p_id=13009&seq=1&format=2

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Yeah I never got a devkit so I'm just planning for when the aTV goes live and I can pick one up at the fruit stand.

Thanks!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

UIApplication posted:

Is the retail apple tv going to be usable as a dev device?

I feel like 100% certain that it will be, only because no other product in the current lineup has a "dev" revision, that I know of.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

How do I set up my Apple devices for development with the latest released Xcode (7.1)?

I'm going to Window -> Devices, clicked + -> Add Device, made sure that both my AppleTV and iPhone6 show "this device is set up" so I THINK they're good to go, but if I go to my developer.apple.com Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles page I don't see them listed under devices. I ended up adding the UDID for my AppleTV manually just to see what would happen and it seems to have taken it, but my understanding was that Xcode should automatically add these to this page for me.

So should I just add the UDID for my iPhone manually as well and just assume that the Xcode based way is broken for now? Or am I being a huge idiot and getting this completely wrong?

Apple's site still makes reference to the "Organizer" window which now seems to have very little, if anything, to do with device provisioning in the latest Xcode.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Nov 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Did anyone sign up for the appleTV "tech talk" nearest them? Sort of excited to see what the sessions will be like.