Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlimeSanction
Oct 21, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

I really want to do this, but I'm not going to put my address down until I've got things to send back. Lots of interesting things in Southern West Virginia that I could get postcards and keychains for including:

• Thurmond, WV. One of the smallest towns in the world. Home of 7 people, and 6 of them regularly run for mayor and other offices.
  • Bridge Day, an event where people jump off the second tallest free-standing bridge in the world "Estimates have 80,000 people attending the overall event."
  • Mothman, a giant creature who just sort of scared the hell out of people before a bridge collapsed.
  • The Flatwoods Monster, some scary loving monster that exists to scare the piss out of people.
  • The Widicker Family, which are a colony of legitimate inbred for multiple generations.

I guess I can't really find a postcard of the Widicker family, but it would probably feature a bunch of really ugly looking people on a porch with moonshine. Silent Hill is also in WV, apparently.

I love the Mothman! He's my favorite Cryptozoology monster. Maybe we can trade. I can send you a cross stitched Slime sometime.

I've gotten some nice cards from Lamb, Team Lunch, 1337haxxorpirate, Keetron and Hypothetical Mcgee. I'll try to send out some replies soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skabanero pePPers
Jun 20, 2011

What the math
Edit:

Skabanero pePPers fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 14, 2011

Bushwhacked
Oct 4, 2008

Ah-cha-ch-ch-cha-cha...
I've participated in the past couple of Goon Xmas card exchanges, so I'm in!

[redacted]

Send over anything, although envelopes full of pubes and such are highly discouraged. If you enjoy writing letters to animals for whatever reason, feel free to include a shout out to my cat Meilyn - she is a very sick kitty with respiratory problems. :(

Bushwhacked fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 19, 2012

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

My 29th birthday (my last birthday ever!) is coming up November 17th.

Since I'm forever alone I'll be spending my birthday in my pajamas playing Skyrim.

whon whon.

I can't wait for the xmas card exchange. I had so much fun last year.

nonpromqueen fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 12, 2018

Slightly Used Cake
Oct 21, 2010
Ah we have finally landed in our new homeland so hopefully will be getting some cards sent out soon. We had a few cards ome through over the some, so thankyou again Lamb, you are amazing! Other ones came too, but I remember Lamb specifically and everything else is in a box on a boat coming to join us now so I don't remember any names. Also, belated Happy Halloween goons! :-)

Address Update:
S Greenman
47 Bass Court
Dartmouth, NS
Canada
B2V 2R8

Slightly Used Cake fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 3, 2011

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Hypothetical Mcgee, I got your card!

(pictured with Lamb's zombie- I'm going to keep that around for every holiday.)
:v:Herpy Derpoween!:v: haha, love it! Thanks, Hypothetical!

The stamp was scratched out with a pen for some reason. Seemed a bit strange, maybe that had something to do with the delay? I have no idea.

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!
I love getting cards! (and random mail)

Amber B
2021 W 2nd Street
Apt 401
Duluth, MN 55806

Dr. Pancakes
Aug 12, 2011

Thank you for not eating me without syrup
Thank you thank you thank you to Team lunch, lamb, and Hypothetical McGee!

I sent out your reply cards so hopefully you get them

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Team Lunch posted:

The stamp was scratched out with a pen for some reason. Seemed a bit strange, maybe that had something to do with the delay? I have no idea.

As a former mailman, I know this one! Sometimes a mailitem like a letter or postcard, is not stamped off (language?) correctly and when you as a mailman notice this, you use a pen while on your route or sorting the mail.

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous
I'll do some mail exchanges with some folks. I'm a single Goon guy.

Matt Champion
2015 Westbourne Way Drive
Fenton, MO 63026-5433
USA

I'll have to pick up some fun things to mail out soon.

EDIT: Added the :911: to my address

BigHustle fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Nov 3, 2011

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I just found a postcard in my mailbox, with a painting of a pumpkin on it, and a trick-or-treat request from a little girl in the Netherlands. I might have to wait until I get paid next week, but I can't not send her candy now. :ohdear:

I don't know how familiar you are with American candy, but as far as I'm concerned, I got the good stuff this year.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Mizufusion posted:

I just found a postcard in my mailbox, with a painting of a pumpkin on it, and a trick-or-treat request from a little girl in the Netherlands. I might have to wait until I get paid next week, but I can't not send her candy now. :ohdear:

I don't know how familiar you are with American candy, but as far as I'm concerned, I got the good stuff this year.

Ehm, if you are low on funds, please appoint said funding towards food and clothing for you and not towards candy for some 10yo spoiled brat... :-) That said, I asked her what she thought would be nice candy and she got mad with me for sending out her card and then mentioned that any candy would do.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Keetron posted:

Ehm, if you are low on funds, please appoint said funding towards food and clothing for you and not towards candy for some 10yo spoiled brat... :-) That said, I asked her what she thought would be nice candy and she got mad with me for sending out her card and then mentioned that any candy would do.

Nah, it's okay. I just spent a lot of money on things I didn't need this week.

Like bags and bags of sweet discount candy.. :shobon:

Chad Vader
May 7, 2007

by angerbutt
Exciting!!

I've been diligently making some cards. I'll probably start sending in early December. Here's my address.

Labrecque
1008 Pine St
Philadelphia, PA 19107
until December 16

Nicole Labrecque
179 Pilgrim Dr
Holden MA 01520
December 17-31

Thank you guys! I can't wait to send mine out but it's still too early :( Plus I have lots more to make for the inevitable goonrush to this thread. Love you all!

Chad Vader fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 6, 2011

Psychogirl
May 31, 2001

You people are BASTARD people!

Hypothetical Mcgee posted:

Has anyone gotten one of my cards? I am starting to get worried that the mailbox ate them. :ohdear:

I did, I did! =D

You made my day...and unlike some others, you gave me a return address so I can reply.

Hooray!

Best,
Psychogirl

Encephalopathy
Mar 14, 2003

braaaaaaaains
Due to travel/new job/lost job/next new job/near-break-up/make-up/Spring Cleaning (in Australia) I have been a total slacker in expressing my unending gratitude, but at least I've been getting little surprises in the mail to brighten the hard days!

lamb, Hypothetical McGee and Team Lunch, thank you so much!! Every surprise totally made my day. My inspirational lighthouse is totally inspiring. Fortune Fish says I'm jealous. And Herpy Derpoween makes me giggle every time I see it. Best Hallowe'en since I moved to Australia!

November is officially Hurry Up And Mail Stuff month!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Hypothetical Mcgee posted:

Has anyone gotten one of my cards? I am starting to get worried that the mailbox ate them. :ohdear:

I haven't checked my mail much lately. I generally have been checking it once a week. Today I found an adorable postcard from you. It made my day. :)

I also got a badass Halloween card from lamb, an amazingly adorable card from Cara in Australia, a Budapest scene from Keetron and kids, a pirate-y envelope of goody from Team Lunch, and something from Abby which I remember mentioning a while back, as I was concerned about her address change. I am glad she is back in this thread now. I hope things get better and more stable for you!

I feel like an utter snot for being remiss in my thank you's, not to mention for full-stopping on my outgoing mail. Yeah, it's been a hell of a year, not much more to say about that. Every time I start to get over something, something else comes out of left field and flattens me again. Hoop de dooo. I'm hoping to start up again soon. I don't want to say that and then get hit by a truck tomorrow or something and have to delay again (the way my luck has gone), so I'm not going to be decisive about it yet, but going to admit that this thread is always in the back of my mind. And the things you have all sent have been awesome for me, SA is kind of like the little thing that is mine right now, that gives me some escape and it's meant a lot to me. The good news is when I am ready to start up again, I've got tons of oddities at the ready, and stamps besides.

You're all awesome and I hope you all have overflowing mailboxes!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

I have a lot of "Thank You"s due. Please excuse the crappy picture quality.

Palette Swap sent me some great stuff a while ago, The envelope was open when I received it, hopefully nothing fell out before it got to me :ohdear:

l337haxxorpirate sent me a nice postcard, and 13pandora13 sent me some beautiful photos of flowers from her parents' house

Miz Kriss sent this adorable lamb card, and this postcard came from DeYoung

Then, I got this package, also from DeYoung! The USPS cares, in case anyone was wondering. They just don't care enough to not destroy my mail.

My older son truly enjoyed the comic and the coloring book. I'm glad he can't really read yet, because I would have a hard time explaining what "you're hosed" means. :) He was really mad because I wouldn't let him have the DeLorean, but too bad for him because there was a place for it on my desk at work next to my Matchbox 1967 Impala.

Dr. Pancakes made this wonderful pop-up card for me

genesplicer sent me this card with a secret message and glow-in-the-dark glitter

and finally, the always awesome Team Lunch sent me the creepiest card ever

I've begun accumulating Xmas crap, so get ready! The first post and the address list are up-to-date as of today.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
So I sorta forgot to bookmark this thread and forgot about it until I was redecorating, but here's a picture of all the wall-hangable stuff I've got in the mail! I got more but I think I lost it.

I love you all and stuff and I really owe you guys some mail.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3447717&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post397347793 :3: Tossed you guys a shoutout in the SASS thread. I'll be signing up once I have a PO Box but, well, I have to get there first.

Apostate
Aug 7, 2006
There are some things you just don't want to know...
Yay! I received so many awesome cards last year! A big thank-you to everyone who sent one. Did anyone actually get anything I sent out? I think the thread got closed before I knew.

Anyhow, I am in a new country (moved from Canada to the UK) and would love some new ones to decorate my bare apartment with! I have already started writing cards for you guys.

Apostate
6 Lister Gardens
Bradford, West Yorkshire
United Kingdom
BD8 7AG

MurderCity
Dec 18, 2005
Can 15 years of imaginary training be put to use?
Yay! I love mailing cards to goons! Last few years were so fun!

MurderCity
509 W 500 N Apt. 3
Logan, UT 84321

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Remember my name... you'll be screaming it later.
I was the envy of my office last time I did this.

LOVE ME, GOONS! LOVE MEEEEE!

Mister Exi7wound
6240 Riverbelle Ct.
Rio Linda, CA 95673

mysa09
May 28, 2010
I've finally decided to do this. I have a "small" scrap-booking addiction so I have way more paper and stickers and other things I'll never use so this is perfect. If you send me something please no NWS on the outside as the mail will be going to 1 of two houses(My parents or my grandparents. The addresses are almost identical except for 1 letter and our mailman puts my mail wherever he feels like it that day.)

Stephanie C/Mysa
4923 State Route 276
Batavia, Ohio 45103

I like animals(chances are if I send you something I'll probably include a picture of one of my pets doing something silly :3:)
Also Disney stuff and Star Wars. Oh and Pokemon :psyduck: (I'm 23, Don't judge)

Vixenella
Mar 24, 2009
So for the Christmas card exchange are we doing that through here? If so I need to re add my address. I had to stop sending out regular cards due to money issues but things are better now. The BF and I love getting cards every year it really makes our Christmas!

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

This newb claimed by ChlamydiaJones; remember, bad things happen in theaters sometimes.

I love the card exchange! Thanks to you goons (and real world people, I guess) this is what my non denominational holiday shrubbery and surrounding area looked like last year:

Pretty awesome!

Me:

Margaret S
5804 Kenwood
Kansas City, MO 64110

We just bought a house, so anybody that wants to send cash is welcome to! (Anybody that doesn't want to is welcome to send whatever they want.) (Cash not mandatory.) :D

DeYoung
Nov 22, 2003
What up ho?
I'm glad someone got my package! I asked the postal people if my envelopes would be safe and they assured me they would. Maybe that is why it took so long?

Did anyone get my other packages or postcards?

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

MAIL IS THE BEST!!

Niemat
Edit: Change of address listed on page 68 :D

I'm going to have to insist no body parts/fluids or pubes, though... I work in a Pathology lab, so I get to see those things (minus other people's pubes, I guess) alllllllll the time. :doh: edit: And, unfortunately, I'll also have to insist nothing graphic on the outside of the envelope... My mail man is a sweet, 70-something old man who I'd rather not shock into a coma.

I'm a chick who loves Biology (specifically marine biology) and owns two pain in the rear end cats. I also collect owls. :D

I'm excited to send you all cards made with the fine motor skills of a seven year old!

Niemat fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 2, 2013

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"
So much fun! I used to love sending out random cards and letters. Thanks, Internet, for killing my hobby - then thanks, SA, for reviving it. Looks like it's time to dust off the ol' pens.

Rufus LaPorte
209 S. Stephanie St. #B144
Henderson, NV 89012
USA

NWS okay.

gooberpatrol
May 28, 2007
This sounds rad! Looking forward to exchanging weird/cool things!

Xavier Tickler
2512 Weber St
Orlando, FL 32803
USA

Ophelia Swims
Aug 5, 2009

like a puff'd and reckless libertine.
Oo! Oo! Me! Me!

EDITED since we're over the major holidays. 03/02/12

I would like cards of any kind, especially Christmas in the future. My 20th birthday is December 17th, too! I won't be able to actually see any of the mail at this address until Thanksgiving, though. No NWS on the envelope/outside please.

I am a poor art student and I like foxes (because it is like a puppy and a kitty at once), movies, Klimt, and pumpkin pie. Can't wait to get started on some cards myself! :D

Ophelia Swims fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 2, 2012

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Dr. Suitcase T. Rootbeer
317 N Fountain Gate
Allen TX 75002

I like handmade things and stickers but I am not that picky

Tidurious
Nov 8, 2011

by I Ozma Myself
Heck, I'd love to get/send some mail! I'll be buying some cards to send out after this post, so get ready forum gurus!

Scott
PO Box 752551
Fairbanks, AK 99775
USA

I'm fluent in German (fairly, at least) and love octopuses, killing Bichon Frises, and fish. I have a pet lobster.

My private PO Box, so send whatever the hell you want, lol. I'm in college, 23 years old, and my Birthday is the beginning of April.

Can't wait to get my first piece of Goon Mail, I hear that it's the best mail!

peanutbutterunicorn
Jul 31, 2009
I'd like to join in too! I just transplanted myself to Seattle, so I am all by myself for the holidays.

PeanutButter Unicorn
Redacted

Please, no live things, or anything too gross.

Thanks

peanutbutterunicorn fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jan 6, 2012

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Goon mail was the only holiday cards I got last year! :unsmith:

Josh Lyman
1199 Arborvista Dr
Atlanta, GA 30329

I'm a poor and starving PhD student, and I teach pain-in-my-rear end business undergrads. To ease my pains, I watch lots of TV and play Starcraft 2.

USS Kobayashi Issa
Jul 18, 2011
I'm having a blast with this year's cd swap, so this is obviously the most logical next step.

USS Kobayashi Issa
420 County Rd. Z
Nekoosa, WI 54457

I'm another ladygoon, and my interests consist of foreign languages (I currently take both Spanish and German), linguistics, makeup, ducks, and Star Trek (send me Nimoy pictures :swoon:).

That being said, send whatever you want! NWS is fine, so no worries there. I'd love to see homemade stuff, and I'll do my best to reciprocate; however, outside of writing, I'm not very artsy. If I'm not sending kitschy Wisconsin-themed crap, expect stretchy bracelets with silly messages on them. :colbert:

Also, I have a birthday coming up this Monday. :3:

USS Kobayashi Issa fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 8, 2011

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

DeYoung posted:

Did anyone get my other packages or postcards?

I did! Was just a bit slow to post, sorry!

I got 3 awesome bits of goon mail from Deyoung, Dr. Pancakes, and Wildlifeatlas!
I never thought I would own a delorean. Check out the craftsmanship on the shark pop up card from Dr. Pancakes- I love sharks- Thank you all so much!

Am a bit tight on cash so I won't do another mailing until Christmas, but will get everyone still on the list.

Disargeria posted:

This is the best! I love seeing you goons enjoying the stuff I've sent :3:

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
Christ is it really November? Already? Man, I shoulda been making cards all summer. *sigh* The time, she slips by so fast, so fast...

Topenga
2109 Red Stone Ln.
Austin, TX 78727
USA

I'll do my best to send out plenty of cards!

Oh man, I gotta get those cards out of storage....

DeYoung
Nov 22, 2003
What up ho?
Yea!!!!! I'm glad you got my stuff.

Go Goon mail!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Van Goober
Feb 28, 2005
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?
Niemat, I also work in a Path lab, perhaps you would be interested in some sort of festive holiday specimen exchange?