Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
When my dad started dying last year, I asked for goonmail to cheer me up and everyone more than delivered. I just wanted to show where it all went since I think I forgot to thank some people at the time.

:3: Thanks, goons.

coolusername fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Will ya'll believe I am fully caught up with replying to all mail I received? Honestly, if you want to receive goonmail, all you have to do is send out things and not expect a reply. You'll be pleasantly surprised every time something lands on your doormat.

For Winter Solstice cards I have something special planned, I hope to get it out in December but everyone on the excel sheet should expect at least one card incoming.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I got cards last week from lamb and Zoesdare! Thank you both!

I know in my last post I said I was going to write soon and I haven't. This summer was a rollercoaster emotionally and I have been, perhaps, more sad than is really warranted. I have not been a good pen pal. But I'm going to try and write all of you lovely goons just as soon as I can muster that. I appreciate y'all.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

rear end-penny posted:

I know in my last post I said I was going to write soon and I haven't. This summer was a rollercoaster emotionally and I have been, perhaps, more sad than is really warranted. I have not been a good pen pal. But I'm going to try and write all of you lovely goons just as soon as I can muster that. I appreciate y'all.

This is to many people in this thread (and myself a bit).

I am pretty sure I wrote it in a letter recently but I'd like to say that I write people letters and postcards because it makes me feel good and hope the other feels good as well when receiving something. That is it, that is the exchange. In no way or form do I write people letters and postcards to make them feel bad, pretty sure many others regulars in this thread agree. Please remember that.

And: 2023 is a poo poo year for many people, I hear it a lot around me and I am including myself, not sure what is up and honestly I'd rather not think about it too much just know you are not alone. In the long list of Thing To Do To Keep Life On The Rails, sending snail mail to strangers from the internet should be really low. Enjoy the receiving and when you happen to have energy and money to spare after doing all the other things you have on the list, think again and THEN, when you still feel like it, send us some stuff. But no feeling bad about mail, that is prohibited by Goon Law.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I think maybe you misinterpreted what I was getting at. Receiving mail other than bills and junk mail feels real good and I want to send that feeling back to you, and others ITT. I feel bad for, amongst other reasons, not writing back, or first in some instances. Because when I do get that to happen it really isn't a large time or financial investment. It feels like I should do it more. But yeah you got to play the spoons you're dealt I guess.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Thank you for the Halloween card, Grandma Zoesdare!

I need to put together a Christmas card. I have a rough idea of what I want to do and it's past time to execute.

Ravenicus
Jun 30, 2013
Hello, I love the cards from one and all that I've received. Is there anyway I could update "Edwin + Bre" as my name on the list to just "Edwin"?

You can probably guess why :p

Thank you again I love every card I get.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

SASS has opened up for 2023!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4046901&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Marlowe, thank you for your card!

I am finding myself without Christmas spirit this year. Maybe you all will receive Christmas in July if I get sufficiently motivated.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Thank you for the card marlowe!

I kinda dropped the ball on getting my card done before the holiday, but I'll try to send out something for the new year.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

marlowe and abyss both sent me lovely cards. thanks friends. I'll try to respond soon, work has been suffocating me.

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

I've totally forgotten this! Aahhh I'll send out some cards real quick!

Sharizard
Jun 15, 2009

Just got a card from Marlowe today. :] I'm a bit late for the holidays, but I plan on sending some stuff out for the new year.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Got a lovely Christmas card from Marlowe can you go! Thanks!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Getting goon post cards as a change of pace from the usual junk, bills and past due warning or eviction notices is lovely and I'm so glad I got a bunch of new mail, which I will list itt soon when I got to read them all!!

I'm sorry I, too, have been a bad pen pal and haven't wrote as much as I wanted to, but now it's 2024 it's also a new week and also a new month and that means this year is perfect to get a new start into stuff, like doing things I like to do! Like writing mail to Goons! :glomp:

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Because lamb was my GBS Secret Santee this year I finally checked out this thread and I want in. I promise to send random things to random Goons at random times.

vortmax
826A S Donaghey Ave
Conway, AR 72034-6735
USA

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
My kid was THRILLED to find an envelope in the letterbox recently from "Poo In An Alleyway." That's the absolute gold standard of humor when you're ten. (Or 37.)

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

As a 28 year old goon, I giggled at that for like three minutes now, too

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I'm glad that my username brings such joy to people just by me posting Christmas cards.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I'm glad that my username brings such joy to people just by me posting Christmas cards.

Oh no worries, I enjoy writing to you each time too!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Keetron posted:

Oh no worries, I enjoy writing to you each time too!

I seriously need to get back into writing properly in response to people, especially you since you've been really good about sending letters to me over the past couple years.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I got poo in the alleyway's card, thanks friend!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Hey everyone--- I've missed the whole letter exchange since I've moved to Texas. I have a question--- for those of you who have a PO Box, what size did you get? I'm trying to figure out what I should do. TYIA!

Poof
Apr 18, 2002

Wow! It has been ages, I was signed up previously at my old job's address but kinda fell out of it since.

I'd love to sign back up. It was fun breaking my wrist writing cards again!

Kate
1 Hardy Rd #410
Bedford, NH 03110 USA

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Over the past few months I received a ton of mail and if you send me something and I did not respond yet, I am absolutely on it, November was a low point but things are improving.

One piece of mail I received was a postcard with a backwards novel seen backwards and on the other side was drawn a plant and my address, nothing else. The stamp is from Canada and the handwriting looks familiar but I am one of those people who throws out envelopes received so I have no comparing.
The biggest puzzle that I am trying to solve is: was there sender written down on purpose?

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Yes, double post.

Goons, who of you send me the letter where you told me of doing watercolor on scrap paper? Can you DM me please? I misplaced / lost your writing so I am unsure who to send a reply to.

Another thing, I have been shuffling and moving some furniture out of the house and I found one drawer full of goon art I received over the years. You all are an amazing bunch, never change!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I devised a careful colour-coding system to organise my list of incoming and outgoing goonmail. And, y'know, I probably should have written down somewhere what the different colours mean? So after a few months away I've now got a very pretty, very useless excel file.
Anyway, some mail is heading out this week and next week.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
Rising from the dead. Thank you all for so many lovely cards. It’s such a pick me up every time I get one

KEETRON I got your lovely card and print, thank you so much!!

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I got my first piece of Goon mail! Thanks Zoesdare!

I will start sending things when my new stamps arrive. I have some fun postcards lined up

EDIT Jan 30th: I sent postcards to all* the USAian** Goons. I didn't know what to write so it's mostly whatever came to mind at the time. I hope you all like them!

*Zoesdare got a card since she sent me one

**I will look into the cost to send postcards to the overseas Goons

vortmax fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 30, 2024

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Thanks Tree Bucket and Zoesdare for New Years letters!

Poof
Apr 18, 2002

Thank you Vortmax for the lovely postcard!

Yes, I like cats, but right now I love my little dog, Abby, who is a 12 year old chihuahua.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I got another card from Keetron! Thank you! I will actually start penning replies this weekend if I can get my head out of my rear end for just a couple of minutes.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Science proves it, those who write are training their brains!
https://www.frontiersin.org/journals/psychology/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2023.1219945/full

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Hello again!
I finally got out of the hospital and got the chance to go and empty my PO box! I got so much lovely mail, I literally cried a bit when taking it out, it's all so colorful and beautiful! Check this:

So thank you so much to Keetron for multiple LOVELY cards and great stickers, lamb with some absolutely stunning halloween stuff I got really late in the year and a cool bat!!! Zoesdare with multiple cards and some really touching words, barclayed with one of the coolest cards ever and a lovely christmas card by marlowe! Sorry that some cards took really long and additionally to that I simply wasn't physically able to make it to my PO box in a while! However, everything will arrive at some point!

I'm gonna answer you ALL, already happened to send something out to a few of you before I got the chance to read your card, it's really so amazing and I'm so touched by all your well wishes and nice words!
I actually do take my collection of goon cards with me when I go off into another hospital stay, which is scheduled to happen in a few weeks, because I like to read them and it makes me feel so much better! :glomp:
Thank you for being Gifts, you Goons :peanut:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

:glomp:

I hope the bat gave you an appropriate Halloween fright!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I always read it as "POO! In an alleyway" -- my brain shouts it, like a warning or shock of discovery.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

kafkasgoldfish posted:

I always read it as "POO! In an alleyway" -- my brain shouts it, like a warning or shock of discovery.

Hah, I always read it as a command: "Go! Poo in an alleyway! Make it quick!"

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I finally did it and got a PO Box.

Here I am again --- I can finally mail again! :-D

DLAO
PO Box 8451
Round Rock, TX 78683

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

DLAO posted:

I finally did it and got a PO Box.

Here I am again --- I can finally mail again! :-D

Welcome back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

I received a wonderful letter from Nondevor and many others over the past few months. Way behind on replying but know it is coming!