Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I am excited to join this! I have a 13-yo and and 11-yo and we will enjoy reading goonmail and sending fun things to fun people.

I like what the kids like, and they like
  • role playing games
  • minecraft
  • grunge music and 90s fashion (!)
  • crafts and art
  • cooking and food
  • photos of interesting things near where you live
  • pets!
  • nothing nws beyond a well-crafted poop joke, please

(I will get added to the spreadsheet in a soon update!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I owe an apology to Keetron who sent me a goonmail a while back. It arrived when my kids were at their other houses and I wanted to save it to open when they were around (“mail from the internet!”)…and then I forgot about it on my disaster of a desk. :negative:

Undaunted, he sent me another letter for Halloween, as did Lamb. Gonna have to come up with some good stuff to send back and find some others to write cards to as well. It’s so intimidating to think of this stuff, but I’ll manage it!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Thanks to Lamb, Keetron, JimmydaFish, and Zoesdare!

Have dug out my cards and started working on replies. You all have such nice handwriting!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Thanks Lamb for your Valentine! And yeah, it's a thing in Canada too.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I also got a lovely letter from Keetron!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I got a pretty postcard from Zoesdare and a nice letter from Keetron (the latter a little while ago) and they made me smile.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’ve got some nice letters from Keetron, a bonanza of Halloween goodies from lamb, and a nice card from Zoesdare. Now that wedding and COVID are behind me I hope to get some more cards and mail the two that have been sitting ready to go on my entryway table for weeks!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ravenicus posted:

I got a little chest together to hold onto them.

That’s a great idea. I have a file folder with my goonmail, but it deserves something nicer!

Thanks to Keetron, lamb, and Zoesdare for recent missives. I’ve been working our way through wedding thank you cards and don’t have much patience for handwriting beyond that, but soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Poof, that’s awful, I’m sorry to hear it.

I have a long backlog of goonmail to open and reply to; I was using it as a reward for myself for finishing our wedding thank-you cards and now I’m out of the habit so it’s up to the whim of ADHD RNG. going to buy some cards and US stamps while I’m out shopping today, though; I am newly remotivated