Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Edit: Nothing to see here

Bees on Wheat fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jun 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Yay, I got a letter from Team Lunch! :dance:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Urgh, I moved last week and have not collected the mail from my old place yet.. My old roommate still lives there, so it's not in danger of being picked up by strangers, but I'm getting antsy! And the post office won't forward it because the old address is listed as a business! I probably won't be able to pick it up until Friday and I might have gooooon mail! :ohdear:

I am going to update my address on the first page now. :sigh:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Mailed out a couple of cards yesterday! :woop:

Unfortunately, I'm now out of stamps and kind of broke. Hope everyone enjoys Christmas cards in June!

Also, my goony boyfriend (Psykoguy) and I are moving in together in a couple weeks, so you can write to both of us at the same convenient goony address!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Miz Kriss posted:

I am the worst goon EVER.

I got some lovely mail from lamb AND Team Lunch a while back, but I haven't even sent them thank you cards despite having the cards sit on my nightstand for quite some time, ready to be shipped out. I am so, so sorry, and I'll get them sent out this week.

Please forgive me.

Same here, except I haven't even gotten this far. I've been meaning to write back! Really! Maybe I will this weekend, since I just bought stamps. :ohdear:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got awesome (and slightly creepy) mail from Walrus Truck too! It was really hard to wait for my goony boyfriend to get home so we could open it together. Mr. Croakums is a bit disturbed by your proposal, and relative proximity to our place of residence.

Also got an adorable letter from Lamb recently! I will try to send some cards and stuff out tomorrow. They will probably be for the wrong holiday, but goon mail is the best mail.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I just found a postcard in my mailbox, with a painting of a pumpkin on it, and a trick-or-treat request from a little girl in the Netherlands. I might have to wait until I get paid next week, but I can't not send her candy now. :ohdear:

I don't know how familiar you are with American candy, but as far as I'm concerned, I got the good stuff this year.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Keetron posted:

Ehm, if you are low on funds, please appoint said funding towards food and clothing for you and not towards candy for some 10yo spoiled brat... :-) That said, I asked her what she thought would be nice candy and she got mad with me for sending out her card and then mentioned that any candy would do.

Nah, it's okay. I just spent a lot of money on things I didn't need this week.

Like bags and bags of sweet discount candy.. :shobon:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Van Goober posted:

Niemat, I also work in a Path lab, perhaps you would be interested in some sort of festive holiday specimen exchange?

Now I wish I finished my degree and had a bio job. :sigh:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Skabanero pePPers posted:

e: How do I send mail to countries outside of the US? Calculate postage amount and stamp that bad boy up and I'm good?

Last year I sent some stuff to Canada and the UK and it was something like 80c, so I just stuck a couple Forever stamps on it and it was good to go! Rates do vary by country though, so look it up to be sure. If your post office has one of those automated thingies it's a real lifesaver, though. You can just toss a letter on the scale, tell the machine what it is and where it's going, and it'll print out exact postage. I use the one at my post office all the time (partially because it's also available 24/7 and I am a night owl..)

I am preparing Christmas cards and I'll try to get as many goons as possible. Especially if you live nearby and I can write something creepy in your card (I am not actually a creep). Or if you have an interesting username. Or you write to me first. I am terrible at replying to my mail, but I eventually get around to it.. :ohdear:

Edit: I will also try to get my boyfriend/roommate/goonygoon to sign the cards. He doesn't send or receive a lot of goon mail, but he always gets excited and looks over my shoulder when I get something. :3:

Bees on Wheat fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Nov 17, 2011

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I have two big stacks of cards going out soon! One batch for US goons because I had a bunch of stamps sitting around, and whenever I get my rear end to the post office I have cards going out to many international goons! I picked a bunch of you based on how cool your forum names or places of residence were (this means all my fellow California goons are getting cards :sun: ). I'll try to write back to anyone who sends me something, too.

The card exchange was the best part of last Christmas, especially since I was kind of depressed about everything else in life, so I definitely want to keep it up!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Niemat posted:

Awwww, but it's those of us who live in uncool places that need cool mail to distract us from the fact we don't live in cool places! :smith:

Actually, you're on my list because of :science: since I also picked people based on how cool your interests are.

I think I'm going to end up sending something to everyone active in this thread by the time I'm done..

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

marsattacks posted:

I'm a college lady, I like books and Shakespeare and funny things and notes. Also my birthday is next week (high five to December birthday buddies.) Nothing NWS on the outside of the envelope please.

:toot::hf::toot:

My birthday is next week too. December is the best.

I don't have any birthday cards around, but I'll find something goony to send your way!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I'm sneezing already, just thinking of all the lovely cat fur!

I sent out a few cards last week, and bought more stamps. So far 20 lucky(?) US goons will be getting something, and 10 international goons! I actually have to buy more cards now.. :ohdearsass:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Walrus Truck posted:

HOLY CATS! Thank you Mizufusion and Psykoguy for the lovely "generic holiday sentiment!" I honestly never expected to get anything in return. This was a wonderful surprise! I happened to be babysitting today, so I was able to share some of the stickers with a 3-year old who was very much thrilled. I also asked him what the paper crane's name was and he said to call it George. :3:

This thread makes me want to get a P.O. box more than ever now. Goon mail is the best mail.

Yay! :neckbeard:

I try to write back to everyone, but I am a horrible forgetful procrastinator sometimes (all the time).

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Tendai posted:

I have 5 or 6 cards left and am wary of sending them to people before this post because I don't remember who I already sent them to SO if any latecomers want to get in on the card action post your address!

I wrote down the names of all the goons I sent cards to because I'm paranoid about this. :ohdearsass:

Psykoguy and I have received some lovely cards this week from Lamb, cuntvalet, Genesplicer,, lefolieadeux, and AuntBuck!

(And for anyone wondering, no, we're not teachers. I just got a bunch of those stickers from someone who used to be one.)

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Just sent off a couple more cards, and realized I left the apartment number off someone's address when it came back to me. Oops. Hopefully I'll make it to the post office tomorrow to send out some more international cards!

I finally took a picture of my cards, too! I hung them up on the back of my kitchen cabinets, so you see them right when you walk in the door. It makes the place feel a little festive, which is nice since we don't have a tree or any other decorations up yet.. :ohdearsass:

There's also a birthday card from my mom up there! :dance:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

miryei posted:

Mailed cards to 9 of you in the US!

I've got 4 more (UK/Canada) to mail out. How do I mail international letters? The woman at Office Depot who sold me the stamps for the US ones said I can't send them internationally with just stamps, even if it's only a card, and when I followed signs for the post office I got to a Best Buy. :ohdearsass:

If your post office has one of the fancy automated postal centers, you can use that too. Takes a bit longer, but as long as you're just mailing letters/cards (anything else requires customs forms and you have to talk to a clerk) it'll print off the correct postage for any country. Plus, it has a scale built in, so you don't have to worry if your letter is a bit heavy. :)

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got a card from marsattacks today, and for some reason I felt compelled to sing the mail song from Blue's Clues while I opened it and my boyfriend laughed at me. The card had Blue's Clues stickers inside. :aaa:

It's like I'm a psychic, but only for really stupid stuff. :saddowns:

Also, thanks to Drei and 13Pandora13 for helping add some cheer to my living room! I'm going to need another row of string soon.. Maybe I'll put some on our scraggly little tree too.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Today was a good day for goon mail! :neckbeard:

Got cards from, Vixenella & Alkaphanel, Fish on a Stick (who wrote my username in Japanese!), and RubySprinkles! And my boyfriend got a package from another goon with little presents in it for us!

We also got cards from when worlds collide (delightfully Canadian!), and Andaley the other day!

Now I feel bad because I've been slacking on the reply mail. I ran out of cards, and some of them are addressed but they're international and I haven't bought stamps yet. I'm sorry. I swear I'll send them out soon! :ohdearsass:

It's super festive on our wall though! I had to put up more string, and our roommate is getting a bit jealous. :3:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Psychogirl posted:

There's a psychoguy?

Psykoguy, and yes. He's mine. :colbert:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I just got cards from Dangereuse & Count Drunkula, IMJack, and Garbage Day! And it is garbage day today! :monocle:

Mr. Croakums says "ribbit" for the Frog Bog tag.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Thank you Team Lunch, who sent a pretty card and a bunch of stencils, and Fluffy Bunnies, who I can thank for infesting my bedroom with confetti!

I sent out some more international cards the other day, but the postage to some countries was higher than others, so I couldn't mail all of them at once. I'll try to send out some more tomorrow. :3:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Niemat posted:

Did we decide it was still cool to send Christmas cards...? Because I think I'm going to keep sending Christmas cards until they're gone. :v:

I have a bunch that are already addressed and just in need of postage, so I should hope so. Then again, I've been known to intentionally send cards for the wrong holidays all year round. :shobon:

I got a couple of really awesome cards from Van Goober and Mr. Lacey a couple days ago. My roommate was a bit disturbed by everything, so hooray! The creepy dolphin drawing has been added to the fridge and thoroughly analyzed for :wtc: levels.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Got a few more cards over the last couple weeks, from the genesplicers, carboardRobot, jadedhula, and Dangereuse's slave sister! I'm almost out of room on the wall I've been hanging my cards from. :D

I just got a very belated box of cards in the mail, so I'm going to send a couple of those out before I start sending Valentine's cards. Or, 'know, I might just put heart stickers on my Christmas cards and call them Valentines. :j:

Actually, that reminds me, I was so busy sending cards to strangers, I forgot to send them to my family. Ooops. I guess I should do that too!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Oh dear god, I need one of those.

I also need to cut back on the amount of cards I send off this continent. Postage is getting really expensive. :(

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Ohh man, I keep forgetting to post thank yous because I want to get pictures of everything, but I keep procrastinating. :ohdear:

So, uh, here is some more procrastination, and thanks to lamb, Team Lunch, genesplicer, Andaley, Rufus en Fuego, hyperhazard, and Shoozy! I'll be mailing stuff out soon, but I might wait until next week. I'm going on vacation for a couple days and want to see if there are any good postcards. :woop:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Well, vacation was postponed so I won't be sending off expensive Disneyland postcards for a while.. but I still have plenty of weird Valengoon goodies!

And I just realized I have a great excuse to decorate my calendar. I got a stupid scrapbooking calendar because it was on clearance at the craft store, but everything that came with it was stupid so I just hung it up like a normal calendar. Now it's slowly being covered in stickers, and it'll be a great "year of goonmail" collection. Most of the cards and paper trinkets I get already go into a photo album, but this will be a nice way of keeping the other tsotchkes together. :3:

I always thought scrapbooking was really stupid until now, other than to keep photos and things like ticket stubs for special events. Goons make everything better!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I finally sent out my first round of valentines yesterday! :woop:

I also found a couple of Christmas cards that never got sent out and mailed those too.. :ohdear:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Re: Mailing labels

I just got a bunch in the mail from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation! It's awesome because they're pretty and free, but I feel terrible because I'm not going to send them anything. :ohdear:

I've been awful about mailing replies to anyone who sent me something over the last couple weeks, but I guess I don't have much of an excuse now. I should find something cool to send IMJack though. My roommates were jealous of the totally sweet KoL valentine card. :3:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got pretty green things in the mail too! Sorry I can't remember who it was, and I don't have the envelope with me..

Maybe I'll grab some postcards tonight. I'm on vacation this weekend and it decided to be miserable and rainy, so I'm hiding in the hotel for a bit and have plenty of time to write.. :shobon:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Well, all that free time I thought I had for writing was quickly consumed by drinking and napping and drinking, and it was almost impossible to find a shop with postcards! It's like they think no one writes anymore.. I did manage to scrawl out a few cards, though. I have no idea what they said, so I'm sorry if I mailed you something really awful, goons! Hopefully the address is legible and nothing else on those cards is. :shobon:

I should probably send the rest of them out now that I'm home and sober.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Andaley posted:

Thanks so much to Team Lunch for the fun Easter Goonmail! First piece of fun mail at my new place - everything else has been bills! haha

I got a pretty package like this from Team Lunch too! I used some of the stickers and foamy shapes to decorate my calendar. Every month I try to cover it in stuff from goons. :3:

Here's how this month looks so far!

The patch wasn't from anyone in this thread, but I included it anyway because it is from a goon! It was a special bonus from Mr. Parsons for ordering his new book. :woop:

I also like to decorate my fridge with some of the weirder stuff I've received. Here's what it looked like a couple weeks ago, plus or minus a couple other random trinkets.

And now I'm going to send off some belated Easter cards!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
This is why I use the automated postage center at my local post office. It's never wrong, it tells you exactly what regulations apply to whatever you're sending, and it doesn't talk back. I cannot think of a single polite or civil thing I'd say to a bitch like that. I think I'd just take my letters and leave.

The good news is that the letters will probably just be returned to you if they're missing forms or something. I hope. :ohdear:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I just sent off mail to some Canadigoons, and it feels really weird using the AMERICA :911: stamps for international postage, but that's just the generic design.. I bought stamps at the drugstore yesterday so I didn't get to pick from a million pretty pictures. I covered the envelopes in Canada stickers, hoping that it would balance everything out. :ohdear:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

when worlds collide posted:

This thread keeps on giving. Mizufusion, I love the card!! You really made my day with that card. It was totally fine and made me laugh. I took my address off the list for a couple of reasons but mostly it is because I won't be able to keep up for awhile (and I always like to reply when someone sends me something). It was a really nice surprise as I wasn't expecting it. :D

Hooray! I knew I got that card for a reason! :downs:

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and please don't feel obligated to send anything back.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Thermophonic Joy posted:

mizufusion sent me an awesomely sweet birthday card! Thank you very much! It's my first one this year, and I'm quite taken with it. :buddy:

I sent you a letter last week so I hope it gets there soon. Thanks again!

Yes! I just got it today, and I used the heart shapes and stickers to decorate my calendar. I made it all obnoxiously sweet looking since me and the boyfriend are celebrating a year together this Friday. :3:

The card gave us a good laugh too! It just looks so upset, like :saddowns: or something, and no one has ever sent me a "have a terrible Easter" card before. Actually, it was the only Easter card I got this year so I guess I'll have to go back in time and have an awful day!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Aww, we're anniversary buddies! Congratulations! My fiancee and I are celebrating five years this Sunday. (Holy crap, so long.) It's a great feeling, isn't it?

Glad you liked my card. I sent out a bunch of those so I hope no one ends up offended. :ohdear:

Yay, congrats! We're both pretty excited because we're dorks, and we were friends for a couple years before we actually started dating. We're constantly amazed that everything worked out so well. :allears:

I get a bit paranoid about some of my cards being offensive too, but I never let that stop me. That may or may not be a good thing.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

when worlds collide posted:

And here I worried that my cards weren't offensive enough.

But seriously, this is somethingawful.com, I'm sure neither of you are capable of anything that would -really- offend someone. Because we have a high tolerance level, here. I would think most people take it as joking. In all the mail threads throughout the years, I can't think of one instance of people being seriously bent about some mail they got. Although I'm certainly not privy to everything, but it's a safe bet that you're both aight. I have really enjoyed my mail from everyone, so. :sun:

I guess I need to start printing Imgur roulette postcards, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I am not a mother and hope to never be a mother. Can I have a card for that?