Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Oh man, I hope there's some mail coming my way. My calendar is looking really empty this month. :ohdear:

I have a few stamps and a ton of cards, so I think I'm going to send out some Junemas mail later this week. It may or may not be seasonally appropriate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got a couple of lovely cards last week from Genesplicer and Team Lunch! I sent out some postcards for you guys a couple days ago, so I hope you get them soon.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Something magical happened the other day! I put a card in the mail for lamb, and the mailman brought me a letter from her on the same day! :neckbeard:

It was very festive and patriotic, and now I feel bad because the card I sent isn't nearly as sparkly. :ohdear:

Edited for pictures!

Awesome NASA postcard from Genesplicer, trippy card from Team Lunch, and tons of festive things from lamb!

The other sides of the cards, including an amazing drawing of a squid from Team Lunch!

Bees on Wheat fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 24, 2012

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got mail from Thermophonic Joy today! That was much nicer than waking up to my neighbors screaming at each other. :ohdear:

I also got a card from Miryei the other day!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I can't remember what I sent you. Hope you liked it! :buddy:

I did! There were word searches, a card, a little Canadian toothpick flag, stickers, and Canadian 1c stamps and things. I put some of it on my calendar with the AMERICA themed stickers I got from Lamb earlier in the month. :3:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Kitties make me sneeze. :smith:

Also, I think the only cat-themed stationery I have are some "with sympathy" cards. Sending someone one of those could be funny, but also really not, if you send it to the wrong person. :ohdear:

I think August should be international "mail out all the extra cards from the last few holidays" month. I still have a ton of Christmas and Valentines stuff, including some cards for international goons that I forgot to mail.. They're sealed and addressed, but they fell behind the nightstand and sat there for a few months.

Edit! August sounds like a good month for vacation post cards too! Or postcards from wherever you live, or would like to be, or something.. I'm planning to take a vacation, but it's still up in the air whether or not I'll be able to go, so you guys will either get scenic New Orleans postcards, or more postcards from places in California I've been to. I think so far I've sent out cards from San Francisco, Berkeley, and Disneyland. I'll have to find some from Mountain View or San Jose, or something. Maybe I'll make some.

Bees on Wheat fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 9, 2012

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

cuntvalet posted:

Sign me up for a "With Sympathy On Your Crappy Job." card. :p

Okay, but when it gets there, remember that you asked for this. :colbert:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

cuntvalet posted:

Should I be concerned? :p

Only if you're easily offended by tacky cards.

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I keep seeing tonnes of IT'S A GIRL cards and Wedding invitations on sale everywhere, but I don't think anyone here meets the requirements. Maybe I should send out some "It's You're A Girl!" cards...

I like it. I have a couple packs of awful 40th birthday invites. No one I know is turning 40, but I got them for free so I'm sending them out.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

cuntvalet posted:

Mizufusion thank you for the awesome card/drawing/stickers! Made my day!

Glad you liked it! :D

miryei posted:

ALSO, I found http://samsungsharegreatmoments.touchnote.com/ which is free this month, which I want to use to send postcards to all you foreign goons without it being prohibitively expensive. :D

This is awesome! :aaa:

I've already sent out cards for a couple Canada goons, and some for my mom and sister since their birthdays are this week. (Don't worry, I'm sending them other things too, but I couldn't pass up customized cards!) I'm going to keep sending cards throughout the month with this thing!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

cuntvalet posted:

Hey guys, just a reminder that if you have any mail for me (God...I feel so self important saying that...) I'm moving next week, so hang on to it until I can get the new mailing address all figured out.

Also, sorry if that sounded really presumptious. I just don't want to miss out on any goon love!

It's cool, I came here to post that I'm moving soon too! I'm actually going to be signing the papers this afternoon, and should be moved in on the 1st. You can still send me stuff at this address though, because my roommate will still be here and I can get my mail from him if I need to. I'm also submitting a change of address and mail forwarding.

I'll post the new address when it's closer to moving day. Thankfully, I already know what it is since I'm moving in with a friend that let me couchsurf for a bit last year. His roommates are all moving away, so boyfriend and I are moving in!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got a cool Touchnote postcard from Miryei too! I sent one your way as well, but it insisted I give you a last name, so I just made something up. :ohdear:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got a postcard from Thermophonic Joy! Balls!

miryei posted:

I got it! The frogs are awesome, what are they watching?

I think I sent you the picture where they're all staring outside at the rain. I was at a friend's house and she has two preteen boys, so we were making up stories about the frogs trying to escape so they could jump in puddles and cause mischief. It was made sillier by the fact that this was the middle of last summer, and we normally don't get summer rain so everyone was a bit antsy.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I just settled into my new house, and updated my address! I probably should have changed it sooner, but I do have mail forwarding and I can pick things up from my old roommate, just in case anyone sent mail to my old address. Soon as I find my box of cards I'll start sending things out again!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Well, it just so happens that I bought a bunch of cheesy postcards a couple days ago, so 10 of you lucky(?) goons can expect to see one soon!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Hooray! I don't even remember what I wrote on those, but hopefully it was something nice.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got a card from Tempura Wizard the other day! :neckbeard: We don't have milk bags in California (that's a Canadian thing!) but we do have seasons! I'm in the San Francisco area, which has two distinct seasons: fire and rain. In the summer it gets very dry, and things catch on fire because we have a lot of grasslands. Then, when everyone else has fall and winter, we have rain. The first time I saw rain during the summer, I was visiting relatives out of state and was really confused. I think I told them their sky was broken. :downs:

I have lots more cards to send out, but I'm out of stamps so they'll have to wait a bit.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got a card from Niemat today! It has a cool picture of a dude riding a jackrabbit. :dance:

Red Zaku posted:

Is there such a human? Inconceivable.

My boyfriend doesn't like coffee, and he won't drink it unless it's completely masked by other flavors. So far this means he'll have some of my Starbucks peppermint white mocha, but that's it. I, on the other hand, love coffee and I'm thinking about putting a pot on right now. :coffee:

Normally, I'd be shocked and appalled, but we have so many goddamn things in common that we actually celebrate our differences.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got mail from lamb yesterday! :buddy:

Also pictured, the postcards I got from Niemat and Tempura Wizard last week!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got a card from party hat today too! It had a neat green and gray crocheted coffee cup sleeve. Good timing too, because I usually get coffee with friends on Friday night! I'm wearing it like a really dorky bracelet until then. :downs:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

party hat posted:

Yay! So what's the verdict? Was it awesome or too chunky?

It was awesome and just the right amount of squishy! A little big for the standard Starbuck's cup, though; it kept sliding all the way up to the lid. Maybe make the next one a couple stitches narrower? It was pretty good at keeping my wrist warm, though. I will definitely bring it with me next time I get coffee. :buddy:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Tempura Wizard posted:

party hat sent me a letter from the exotic north complete with a crotched coffee sleeve and a poutine sticker! (I love poutine, I have it every year when I visit Canada, if sticking it somewhere ensures poutine makes it to North Carolina, I'll do it!) The sleeve will be hella useful because I drink hella coffee. It came with a wonderful card and diagram of use, too! Thanks so much to you party hat, I love it!

You hella sound like you're from North California instead of North Carolina right now. Hella, dude. :respek:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got a belated Halloween letter from Thermophonic Joy too! It had lots of pretty stickers that I plastered all over my calendar. :buddy:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I have dozens of Christmas cards to send out, but no stamps. :ohdearsass:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I send postcards out now and then. Sometimes I get them while traveling, or I just feel like sending them between holidays. I have tons of cheap and tacky Christmas cards, though. I like plastering the envelopes with stickers when I send them out.

Also, if we're talking birthdays, mine is at the end of the week, and I like fishies. All I asked for this year is a trip to the aquarium since I haven't been there in years. :3:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got two cards from goons today (and a couple cards from my mom) and now I'm super excited for the holidays. Thanks Fluffy Bunnies and Palette Swap! :3:

Cloyster posted:

Send whatever you want. I enjoy cryptic death threats laced with holiday cheer, stories about how your day was and stick figure drawings of virtually anything. (also anything else would be lovely too)

Oh man, do I have things to send you. :buddy:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I've been slacking a bit on thanking everyone and sending out cards. Sorry everyone! I will post pictures later! :ohdearsass:

I'm planning to get as many people on the list as possible, but I might not be able to. At the very least, I'll try for everyone in North America.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

JimmydaFish posted:

All of this got dropped off at the post office this morning. Hopefully most will arrive before christmas. Fingers crossed!

forgive the fuzzy cell phone pic

Oh man, I thought I filled out a lot of cards last night. I only got to about 35, and I still haven't bought stamps or put the return address on them. I ordered address labels and the fuckers just haven't shown up yet. :sassargh:

I also ran out of envelopes, almost ran out of cards, and very nearly gave myself a papercut on my lip and tongue.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I just got three cards in the mail! I hung them up in the entryway with the rest. :dance:

So far all the cards I've received are from goons! Thanks to Pit Goddess, anonymous goon from Nebraska(?), Fluffy Bunnies, Team Lunch, Andaley, Coyote Ugly, Pennymay & Revolther, goon who doesn't post in this thread, Cardboard Robot, Thermophonic Joy, and Lamb!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I love seeing my cards hung up in people's homes, for some reason. This is so :3:.

When I get back from vacation in a few days I'll take pictures of my scrapbook calendar. Every page is decorated with stuff goons sent me that month, and a few other random trinkets. December's page is now completely covered in stickers, foam shapes, and confetti. :neckbeard:

lamb posted:

Who plans on hanging around for Valentine's Day? I'm going to start preparing next week when my office is closed.

I still have a ton of cards leftover from last year, and I have not yet grown tired of receiving strange goony things in the mail.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I hope everyone likes Januarymas cards, because there's a whole stack of cards here I haven't sent out yet. Oops. :ohdear:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got a pretty Valentine from DLAO today! :neckbeard: I have gotten very good at defusing confetti bombs since I started doing goon mail.

I also found a bunch of Christmas cards that never got sent out, so uh, I guess I'm going to stuff Valentines in the envelopes! :ohdear:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Shoozy posted:

To everyone else: I hope you make and enjoy those brownies. I'm trying to lose the holiday weight I gained (plus the ton I've gained as an adult) so I won't get to imbibe for a while. :hambeast:

Not yet, but they do sound really good (and I got your card yay!) I'll have to see about getting all of the ingredients next time I go to the store. :keke:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Palette swap posted:

On the last 2 weeks i've received a lot of cards, including 2 christmas cards (Chilean mail :argh:). So I'll show what I received.

From Mizufusion.

Sadly I can't eat too many goony foods.

Yay! Don't take it out on the mail service too bad. I have been terrible about sending things on time lately. :ohdear:

Recently I found a whole stack of Christmas cards that never got sent, so I crammed some also-belated Valentines in there and shoved them in the mailbox. Marchmastines cards for all! And I still have more to send because I ran out of stamps. Maybe they'll get there by next Christmas.. :downs:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got a pretty St Patrick's Day card from the Genesplicers the other day! I found a nice place to put it on the bookcase. :dance:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

genesplicer posted:

If you tuck the front behind the buttons they stand up! Mrs. Genesplicer is getting creativer!

Oh good, because that's exactly what I did with it! You can tell her it was a brilliant idea.

By the way, did you ever get the thing I sent you around Christmastime? There was a card taped to a flat package and I really hope you got the stuff inside. :ohdear:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got cards from JimmyDaFish and Lamb last week! And then on Sunday I found another envelope from Lamb on my kitchen table that had been buried under stuff for a couple weeks! :neckbeard:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

genesplicer posted:

Interesting. Lamb got her card from us. However, one of the others came back, with a "not enough postage" stamp on it. Funny, Lamb is all the way across the country, and the returned one is in the same state. Not only that, but the P.O. says I need to add another $1.61 for postage FOR A LETTER...

Hmmmm. Something is wrong. Has anyone else received one of the cards with the crocheted flowers?

I did! I have been wanting to plant the seeds somewhere, but I have lots of weeds to pull first.. :ohdear:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

DLAO posted:

I reconnected with an old friend from high school a few weeks ago and we decided to get together. And now move in together. And we've decided to elope next month. So--- a bit of a world wind going on, but I'm so deliriously happy and just following it down any path it brings me. :-) He also got me the MOST BEAUTIFUL ENGAGEMENT RING IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD. My family can't decide if they want to be happy for me or disown me, but I just don't care. I also have been interviewing like crazy and am getting ready to turn in my two weeks and start a new job (YAY)

So, I'm hoping things are going well for everyone else.

Congrats! I recently got engaged too, but a bit less spontaneously. ;)

I also have been slacking on sending cards and letters. My excuse is "eh, ran out of stamps. I'll get some later.."

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
My birthday is in a few months and I'm turning 28. :j:

I think I'm going to send out a couple batches of cards this week. My goon mail box is full and I want to buy new things for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Niemat posted:

I can't send a time-appropriate card if you don't tell me which month :colbert: (And everyone knows time-inappropriate birthday cards are what families of significant others are for--not Internet strangers! :v:)

It's in December. For my 20th, my dad sent me a 21st birthday card with -1 appended to it. Last time I ever got a card from him too. :j: