Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Team Lunch, thank you for the card and the great stamps :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

mysa09 posted:

Would a few people be interested in doing a Christmas present exchange? :ohdearsass:

There is no sass this year? If that is so, I am in.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Senior Scarybagels posted:

It will be, meeting new people, meeting goons irl, finding myself, making a novel, blog and vlog about my adventure all sounds like fun.

If you cross Europe and come through Amsterdam, let me know. We will be moving house in a few weeks and I had surgery making me stay at home so I think it is time to pick up the postcard thing again. I hope I did not fall off the list yet.

New address per the first of June:

Brederode 9
1187DN Amstelveen
The Netherlands, Europe, Earth

As an aside, sorry to have been absent and I will sort through what I received and send all you guys something in return. From the top of my head: Genesplicer, Lamb, 13Pandora13, Julet Esqu but there will be more.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Is birthdays a thing now? I had my birthday.... yesterday! And I became like 31 for the 7th time?

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Shenanigansluck posted:

Hey everyone sorry for the long time away. Life has been crazy. Well I'm
Back and can't wait to get involved again :) maybe I'll have some fall love to send out.

You did well, thanks for the mail! Same to Julet Esqe, DLAO and Team Lunch. Will be writing some letters the coming days / weeks, mostly to regulars but let me know if you crave mail.

Must admit I don't dare to open DLOA's letter for fear of glitter.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

SuzieMcAwesome posted:

I have been off and on the list in the past, but I am down for more mail!

I JUST FOUND OUT I'M HAVING A BABY!!!!!

You will be mailed.

And with that, I want to apologize for the insane ramblings I send out. I promise you guys I am sane in my daily interactions with people but later at night when I sit down to write out those letter... well, not so much. If you never want to hear again, please let me know. In a hand written note, using a real stamp because we love foreign stamps at our house.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

genesplicer posted:

Thanks for the letter! It brightened our day.

Then to think I was almost ashamed to send it considering the messy it felt. Will send you a better letter another letter soon!

No, I am not stalking this thread to see if anythings I send arrived already.
Yes, I totally do.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

thepitgoddess posted:

Hi all!

I miss you fantastic penpals (although a few of you I've been in regular contact with). I have a handful of intl stamps too, so I'll get back on it. <3

The downside of actual pen and paper mailing is to keep track of what you send to who. I have no clue if I send you some twisted words already, but I could do so again.
In fact, I need to sit down and write some letters, I need the meditation.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Hi guys, after the move my daughters moved in with us and now I have 4 kids in my house. This means I have just about time for eat and sleep and that is it.

Look, I didn't even open all the goonmail I got:

You''ll all receive something in return, this might take a while. Delayed but not forgotten!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Thanks to all you who send me stuff over the last few months: Lamb, Shenanigansluck, 13Pandora13, Julet Esqe, Team Lunch and Aunt Buck.

Some of you will receive this:

It is stationery made from obsolete topographical maps. These are from somewhere in Germany and I found an online store that can sell me a variety pack. Any map freaks?

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

13Pandora13 posted:

I'm not a map freak but those are super freakin' cool.

Keep an eye on your mailbox, about three weeks from now :D

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Is this still active, I found a fountain pen and a ton of fancy letter paper today?

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

And today I found 47 international stamps. I will use the addresses that are in the OP and trust they are still up to date.

Forgot to mention, while searching for the stamps I found an unopened Halloween envelope from Lamb! Thank you, Lamb!

Keetron fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jun 30, 2018

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

I just found out I got a Halloween card from Juliet Esque! Thank you!
Currently in the works of creating a ton of holiday cards, I took the xls from the OP and added the addresses not there and will send to everyone! Lamb, where can I mail this updated list so you cn updated the OP one?

Opera Bitch posted:

Now that I have had my kiddo I have more energy this year I can send out cards, of which I have a whole bunch. My address is:
Naomi D
556 Woodtick Road
Wolcott CT 06716

Looking forward to sending them out this year!

Yes, you too!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

lamb posted:

I appreciate you doing that! You can send me an email if you like: lisa [at] side-o-lamb dotcom.

I have to check my other computer, can't find it on this one. It might be lost as I am bad at excelling.

So I have been handpainting cheesy christmas cards for you guys but my wife keeps stealing them so I might buy a stack at the store and send those. They should arrive halfway Jan, as is tradition.

edit: I could hide them from my wife?

Keetron fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Dec 24, 2018

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Hey Aunt Buck, I got your card!

Also send out a few:

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

An awesome card arrived from inspirobot, huge thanks for the stamps!
A super weird letter from Harakiri, who has no idea what they got themselves into. Keep an eye on your mailbox buddy.

edit to give this first post a bit more body:
Did some stuff while on business trip last month, anyone interested?

Keetron fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Feb 3, 2019

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Team Lunch posted:

Keetron, I would always enjoy a card from you- and I'll send one in return!

Send one last week ( I think)

Genesplicer posted:

I have received quite a few cards recently, and I would like to thank all of you who have not forgotten me. Things have been a bit odd for me for the last couple of years, and I have not done any significant amount of art, therefore have not produced anything that I can send out., Hopefully that will change in the not-too-distant future. But thanks again for the cards and thoughts.

Hey man, I am just glad to hear you are alive!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Hey Team Lunch, I got your card and we had some trouble believing you really colored that yourself! Amazing work!
You got a robocop coming up. The best things about these requests is that I so very often have trouble thinking of what to draw that now I can work on this for the weekend. You helped me out a ton.
If you (or anyone else) enjoys drawing things and sending and receiving other people's drawings, head to the Art-Card exchange here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3868956

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Team Lunch! Your card came in about two weeks (maybe three) ago and it was on my desk, waiting for a moment of time that I could set aside for opening it and giving it the attention it deserves. The drawing you put in is amazing, I love the coloring. It reminds me of a great story and gives me something to write about. It is added to my Goon Art Gallery that is the wall of my study (as soon as I buy frames, currently it is a drawer in my study but it is added the same).
The card is a piece of work, I am glad you bought it and send it to me so I could experience something like it in the wild.

Keetron fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 14, 2019

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Kierena posted:

Hey y’all I’m working on more postcards to send out in the mail, what sort of art do y’all want to see on them???

I prefer any handmade stuff, sketches, drawings or watercolors.

Mail came from 13Pandora13 and shrimpwhiskers, thank you both for the cards! Now I have three goons that I need to reply to. However, every time I go into my study, I am followed by my kids who want to know what I am doing and if they can watch a video on my computer...

Dad? Dad? Dad? Dad? Dad? DAAAAAAAD?

Seriously, while typing this, one is kicking the door and crying because I will not entertain him.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

So yeah, I was unpacking some boxes that were packed since the move a few years ago and I found a ton of unopened goonmail, going back to at least 2014.
When I get over my shame I will open it and post here. Let me know if you'd still like a reply and if the address is still correct.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Took me almost a month, but I got over myself and now in the process of opening and posting 5 year old mail.

Possibly 2013, 2014 or 2015, Lamb send me a valentine's fart pillow and other goodies. I hid this one for years before opening it now, as it turns out my wife did not like me getting valentine's mail from random internet strangers.

In November 2014, Khamul send me a wonderful letter and a cool photo of an not-exploding airship.

In December 2014, Team Lunch send me a super cheesy card and some nice goodies.

In December 2014, Shenanigansluck, send me the most glittery Christmascard I ever seen. It has so much glitter, it should count as a crime against humanity yet here we are. The picture does not do it proper honors.

In December 2014, Brotato send me a christmas greetings and included a chick, because a chick always checks out!

In Februari 2015, The Genesplicers send me a calendar for 2015 and some Las Vegas playing cards. Considering the calendar was late AND the letter was opened in 2019, I would say this is a win in terms of inaccurate calendars. In another 7 years it will be 2026 and I can use it. Should have kept the envelop sealed...

Got a happy Spring card from Julet Esqu, also in 2015. It could have been 2014, but I think 2015. In June 2015, we moved house and I have no more mail on this old address as the new owner of my old house was not really forwarding mail at all and the postal agencies do not forward unless the name matches so no mail to Keetron should have made it. 2015 was a hard year, I should have opened this one earlier as well.

Oh my god, I got a happy birthdaycard from Julet Esqu in August 2016. I had a good birthday, turned 39 that year and things were going kind of ok, I am sorry for not thanking you earlier. My kids love the tattoos!

Then in December 2016, Shenanigansluck send me a glitter orgy christmascard. I will color the penguin and return it to you. (update: I failed so bad that you will get something better)

Now we move to a more recent set of mail, the amazing Jezus one I already posted but these two I did not.

13Pandora13 send me woodmail, I am in the process of answering.

ShrimpWhiskers send me WOW! which immediately gave me flashbacks to my time as a World of Warcraft junkie. Also something went wrong with the address or postalcode? The local postal services solved it and the mail ended up at my place properly so we all win.

I am now sending out simple replies to everyone above, the more recent ones get more elaborate replies as I can be sure it will arrive.

The amount of glitter on my desk makes it seem like a group of unicorns took turns on Tinkerbell and she loved it.

The key takeaway from this effort is: do not let loose ends lie. Either tie them up or burn them off.

Keetron fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 24, 2019

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

I send some letters this week and I wanted to say to the recipients: I am doing well, just when my thoughts run off they tend to run to dark places. I am the type of person who loves Autumn, music in minor key, gloomy stuff and dim lights. I cannot pretend to be cheerful when writing :shrug: I can understand not everyone is up for that but on the other hand, if you are, my address is in the list :-) When writing, just be yourself, the world has enough veneer as it is.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Double post, the mailman came and I was pleased.
Heh.

Thank you for the card, frontyardninja, you are now on the gloomy letter list!
Thank you for the card and goodies, lamb!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Thank you for the card, Shrimpwhiskers!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

I also got a valentine from 13Pandora13!
Also I send some random mail to people halfway of November and the one to Brotato came back today as "Not Deliverable". I hope s/he is well!
This was for one of the return mails after 5 years of unopened mail...

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Ah, so that is where all the activity came from! I still have to reply to some letters I got half a year ago and when looking at the goonslist, I saw two things:
1) the Goonlist.htm does not work on my machine
2) drat, that is a short list.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Sorting through my mail, I have received and will be returning this week to 13Pandora13, Shrimpwhiskers and Team Lunch.
One problem: I am not sure who drew this:

because I have a painting of two foxes I would like to return to you.

The others will also get some stuff from the pile, no worries!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Pershing posted:

Keetron, did you ever get my stuff? I've never mailed internationally before.

I don't frequent the forums that much and try to respond to all mail I get but have seen a huge delay in that the past few months. I was just picking it up again.
Over the last few weeks I received postcards from 13Pandora13, Team Lunch, Schrimpwhiskers and Zoesdare (Thank you all, you amazing people). Beware tho that international mail, especially between Europa and the US currently can be severely delayed.
I have you address noted down so even if nothing ever arrives (it happens), I can still mail you!

13Pandora13 posted:

Thank you for the decade+ of penpalling, Goons. It's been an honor. You can email me at pandora (dot) campbell (at) gmail (dot) com.
Same, sort of, I will keep replying to mail.
Saved the sheet as well, but in general I tend to use the return address on the letter/card I receive as I am too lazy to open the sheet at times.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

As this week is my birthday, I send all goons on the list a birthday card. It made sense to me at the time.

The contestant for "weirdest goonmail ever received" is Pershing, who send me a book about Alaska. Before shipping any other tomes to Europe, please give it to a Goodwill and go take your SO out for dinner on that money. Hell, expensive! Thank you for the mail tho, it was the biggest surprise of 2020!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Lamb, Sharizard and Zoesdare send me mail, I love it and it is so cool to receive messages from the other side of the world that actually involve paper, pen and effort!
Thank you all and I will be sending out more stuff this week as my zazzle return address stickers came in.
Check out zazzle.com for their offering! (not sponsored, just that their customer service was cool and the product is good) https://www.zazzle.com/s/return+address+stickers

cute little fucktoy posted:

My birthday is in November :)

Time is of no relevance.

Keetron fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Aug 20, 2020

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Something went wrong here:

Everything alright, did I make a number mistake, whaddup?

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

DLAO posted:

I got your letter and owe you one back! And of course I love cats! lol But you know that.

Is there any way to get my name updated to Dee P? I got divorced and my mail people get confused with the A now (versus the P)

TIA!

Ow, divorce sucks (unless, you know, you are happier now but it is still a lovely process) so that means more mail for you!

This weekend I will sit down to answer all the mail I got and send out more. Not to self: buy more stamps!

frontyardninja posted:

Not sure why USPS didn't send it through, that is my address. Maybe they want my full name and 9 digit zip code?
Resending it to the address you gave, glad to hear you are fine.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Genesplicer posted:

Thanks again!
Hey, glad to hear you are holding out and are still alive! Condolences with the passing of your father and yes, we all hope things will be normal soon but I think that will never happen.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Hey rear end-Penny thank you for the letter, if time permits I will return something soontm but it will probably take a bit more.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Zoesdare posted:

I got much needed mail from Lamb and Keetron yesterday. Thank you both. It’s been rough here.

Keetron, please tell your wife that I was moved to tears by her message and gift, which I will treasure dearly.

I will do that, I don't know what she wrote but I am glad you liked it.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Ok, who of you is this and why did I not yet receive a dickbutt letter?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3531265&perpage=40&pagenumber=396#post505995124

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Pixelante posted:

Found my way here through the Fountain Pen thread. I've got ridiculous inks and a brand new wax seal for extra silly postage action. Write me and I'll write you back.

Audrey Deutschmann
2477 Musgrave Street
Victoria, BC
V8R 5Y1
Canada

Just wanted to give you a heads up that the thread is silent but no doubt there will be mail in your mailbox the coming weeks. If only because I have seen the seal and damned if I want a letter with that!
I wanted to write you a letter this weekend but I made a few sketchbooks so there is a slight delay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

I have received a lot of mail and I *will* reply to at least one this weekend, also planning to go for the complete list again for christmas, using fancy schmancy italian paper thank you cards or something I bought a decade ago and never used. Reason for all the delay is a move from one small study to a larger one and half my stuff is lost while the other half is "in the other room". It does not matter which room I am, the stuff I need is in the other. The hardships of having rooms to spare after some kids move out.
Anyway, my thanks go out to: Zoesdare, my wife wants to send you more hugs. Hold on tight! 13Pandora13, thank you for the halloween card and sticker! Poo in an alleyway send me an envelope I still need to open, it is super cool to receive mail from the weirdest island in the EU (how long will that last?). Lamb send me more halloween mail, super cool! Team Lunch send me halloween mail as well, I now have so many stickers and they will all go on my new sketchbook that I start in a few days.

In these weird times we are lucky to have each other, I am really grateful. Thank you Goons!