Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Tremors posted:

Cards going out today to jimmie's boyfriend and nonpromqueen. Any other Mass Effect fans?

Ooo, me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Tremors posted:

Thank you 13Pandora13 for the cutest drat card ever! I have a mini dachshund too. :3:

YOU MUST SEND PICTURES :stare: I love weiner dogs! Mostly mine, but others as well.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

MustardMaster posted:

Anybody up for some pen-palling? I made a thread about it just before Christmas but it was an idea basically born dead. However, a couple of people weren't too negative about it. Any of you guys lurking here?

I like letter writing. Sometimes I send stuff too, but mostly I write. I have piles of stationery.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

MustardMaster posted:

Of course. I'll write to you too.

Edit: 13Pandora13, I can't find your adress on the list. Where I could find it?

I'm probably taken off because I don't post much, but I do write/write back.

(removed)

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 22, 2013

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

JimmydaFish posted:

Hey everyone, I have a favor to ask. My mom has been quite sick lately (part of the reason I am behind on posting thanks for xmas cards) and she needs some cheering up. Would you kindly goons send her some fun/cute/cheerful cards to help her feel better? Better keep it clean since it is my mom. I would really appreciate it. I just want her to smile again and not be so miserable.

Cards can be sent to:
J. da Fish's mom
C/O Jimmy da Fish
3385 Burbank Dr
Ann Arbor MI 48105

Thanks in advance! :)

Hope your mom likes belated Christmas cards/weiner dogs, because I have a bunch left and I'm not throwing them out because my dogs are the best dogs :colbert:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I have some ultra unique "stationery" ready to go for penpal replies. :neckbeard:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Niemat posted:

So excited :3:

As a side question, does anyone know where I can get a box of just colored envelopes...? I checked Michael's to no avail, and I really wanna send out Valentines. :(

EDIT: Forgot to mention! Some letters going out tomorrow! ...and I think I dated some of them 2012... :downs:

I got a box of pastel envelopes in Wal Mart in the office section. "Party envelopes." :toot:

(edit, yo)

I should also add that I've gotten goonmail and sent replies, but I'm at work but I don't remember who all I've been valentine'd by. I do remember PezMaster though, because she sent me awesome erotic elf/wizard fanfiction for Valentine's day. :colbert: Your move, goons.

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 7, 2013

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I got a lovely handmade goonentine from The Genesplicers and goodies from Lamb! Replies are out.

Also my address has changed oh-so-slightly:
(removed)

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 22, 2013

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

DLAO posted:

Are any of you goons still looking for potential penpals? I just found a bunch of stationary I bought a year or two ago that I NEVER used and am now reinvigorated to the cause of sending Goon Mail. :-)

I'm always up for some sweet penpal action.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Man of the Year and DLAO I got your letters and am crafting awesome replies. PitGoddess, you want me to wait for the new address for yours? :iamafag:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Thank you for the St. Patty's goodies Team Lunch, The Genesplicers and Lamb!

DLAO you are a really fast penpal. :stare:

Replies going out over the next couple days, it was my birthday the 19th but I'm ultra broke because I'm getting the timing belt replaced on my car (it's starting to slip and it's either $700 now or $1500 later to replace the whole engine).

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

DLAO and The Genesplicers I am penning your replies presently but realistically they won't actually be picked up by the mailman until Monday.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

DLAO, Kafka's Goldfish, and PG, I got your letters and penned replies today at work, so they'll get picked up by my crazy/awesome mail lady Monday and be on the way to your respective doors!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

DLAO posted:

Ah. I also am behind with responses. But, I DO have an excuse. Anyone who doesn't already recognize my insanity, you will now.

I reconnected with an old friend from high school a few weeks ago and we decided to get together. And now move in together. And we've decided to elope next month. So--- a bit of a world wind going on, but I'm so deliriously happy and just following it down any path it brings me. :-) He also got me the MOST BEAUTIFUL ENGAGEMENT RING IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD. My family can't decide if they want to be happy for me or disown me, but I just don't care. I also have been interviewing like crazy and am getting ready to turn in my two weeks and start a new job (YAY)

So, I'm hoping things are going well for everyone else.

Panorama_Change--- I'm so happy about your doggie!

Shoozy---- You are still in my thoughts and prayers. I hope things start getting better soon.

I will be sending out letters soon.

This is awesome (and crazy =P) but your old job didn't appreciate you and this is excellent! :neckbeard:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I did not get engaged, I got told my long term boyfriend is not moving with me. The day I found out I got the job. Also on his birthday.

It has been...simultaneously the best and worst day ever. Alternating crying and laughing.

Kafka's Goldfish and PitGoddess, I got your letters and will send replies when I am feeling less like a crazy person.

Also I will have a new address in July.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

thepitgoddess posted:

I'm sorry about you and your BF, it sounds...well, almost exactly like the situation I was in recently.

On the plus side, YAY JOB! Congrats! You can send me crazy person letters, that's what goon love is for.

DLAO- I totally forgot about your engagement, congrats! Tell me all about it in your letter.

I totally mailed you a crazy person letter a couple days ago so it should be to you soon.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

A cool/happy note:

I've begin the packing process. Rather tearfully. I can't bring my dogs (they're too old, they're "family dogs" and it wouldn't be fair to rip them to a new place with just me in their twilight years). I pulled out the three giant Ulta bags of letters from the last few years.

It's hundreds of letters, packages, postcards, et cetera. I'm not even exaggerating. The large chest shown is about 1' by 2' and the smaller is about 8" by 12". The larger of the two boxes is ONLY goonmail, dating back to 2009 and spanning three addresses (soon to be 4). The small box is correspondences with people I actually know in real life as well as goons that I'm on a much more personal pen pal level with (PG, DLAO, Kafka, people who at this point know as much/more about what's going on in my life and how I feel as my local friends). It brought happy tears to my eyes, you guys have been around with me through so much weirdness in the last three-four years and it's really cool to reflect back on it all. :unsmith:

(edit)

My tables!

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Sep 3, 2017

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

:siren: NEW ADDRESS! :siren:

(removed)

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

OKAY THEN my address is re-changing. If you've already sent something that's fine, they're giving me box access, but they had to change my apartment from an "infestation" at the other unit that was previously unknown (I'm guessing fleas or bedbugs).

REAL NEW ADDRESS:
(removed)

Aaaaaand now I get to try to get all my utilities and everything switched with about 18 hours notice.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Has anyone gotten anything from me? I didn't get anything because the post office and/or my leasing office is terrible, but I sent mail to anyone who said they wrote me and a few others. :ohdear:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I did get a letter from Kafka's Goldfish today! :woop:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Seriously we need to all go drinking at (in?) the fan. Mostly because I know exactly 0 people here.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I got mails from PitGoddess, frenchnewwave, Lady Flash, and Kafka's Goldfish! I will get out replies this week. :iamafag:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Hey everyone! I've moved and want to let folks know so they didn't send mail to my old address. I'll update with a new address soon.

I got your letter and was going to send my reply to the return address...but it's stamped over by the postal stamp. I can't make out the street name!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

lt_kennedy posted:

Brace yourself goons - I have a handful of Watchmen themed post cards written in the style of Rorschach to send to random goons. I have two left to write - who wants one?

:stare: Me. I can find something magic to send back in return.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

PitGoddess I got your letter today! Will reply soon/this weekend probably.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Frenchnewwave I got yo letta!

I meant to send out birthday cards last week but on Wednesday my dog and I were attacked out on a walk. I'm fine, the little mang had his second surgery yesterday but he's doing fine now too. He does look a little frankenweenie :zombie:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

frenchnewwave posted:

Attacked by another dog or a human? Either way, how awful!!! Glad you're both ok.

Another dog, an unleashed pit bull/American terrier mix. That I have since found out has attacked multiple dogs/people in the neighborhood and magically somehow hasn't been seized by the county.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

party hat posted:

I hate it when they don't print the value of the stamp on the stamp. Every year we have a slight increase in postage and I'm always afraid that those particular stamps won't cover it anymore. Last time I did goon mail, I mailed out a ton of stuff and no one said anything in this post about getting them, didn't get any goon mail back and didn't receive them as return to sender. Dunno what the heck happened there but I was pretty disappointed. :(

Edit: I would like to add to my opt-in post that I am ridiculously obsessed with Game of Thrones so any associated stickers or anything that you crazy goons may have would earn instant Party Hat Lovin's.

Forever stamps don't have a value because they are good regardless of price increase. In fact, for domestic mail you should pretty much only buy forever stamps.

(edit)

I forgot the real reason I came here - I got mail from Lamb, DLAO, and Frenchnewwave!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I got a pretty postcard from The Genesplicers!

USPS is self-funded and not affected by the shutdown.

You can definitely mail tea. They run things through an x-ray and "scent" detector if it's suspicious but it's rarely opened. It's more likely they'd think it's pot, but it shouldn't be a problem.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

DLAO posted:

I got goon post card from Genesplicer and a letter from 13Pandora13 YAY!

I also just got laid off today, so Hello to my fellow Unemployed Minions. It is I, Imperial Queen of all that seek employment.

I'm sorry to hear that :glomp:

I got mail today from PG and Lamb(who sent a buttload of Halloween goodies)!

Halloween is like my Christmas. I've been to the Spirit store like 6 times to just hit the buttons on the :zombie: animatronics for an hour. It's a good thing the people there are equally as weird (and nice/cool about it).

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I got mail from Mysa09 and DLAO!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Stuffins posted:

Hey everyone! Finally got an account of my own. YAY! :woop: Anyway...I'd love to hear from all of you.

Rhonda Cahill
P.O. Box 509
Owensville, Ohio

Oh yeah, this is Mysa's mom. :newlol:

Hi Mysa's mom! I owe you a letter. I am in DC this weekend so maybe I will find something cool, otherwise it'll be stick figure drawings.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

We should start a new one in Creative Convention or something. I don't know.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Goon Letter Thread: Stationery and Stickers For All!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Goonmail: Single-handedly Keeping the USPS Pension Solvent

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I went back and edited my post history but if you at one point ever quoted my new address, please remove it. I'm going through some things and it's fairly urgent. You can still write to me, but I need my address not available.

Lamb please take me off of the spreadsheets as well.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

The court issued my permanent protective order this week, I'm okay to go back on the password-ed spreadsheet if it still exists, but I don't want to post my address in the thread. If it's not password protected anymore then I will just have to write to people to give them my address, haha.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I got cards from Stuffins and PitGoddess today! I mailed out cards to a couple random people as well with Harry Potter stamps. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

DLAO I got your card.

We need to make some kind of a support group or something, goddamn :glomp: