Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Poof I got your card today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

DLAO posted:

Disargeria and Cranberry Sauce, your goonlove came back to me. :-(

Samesies. =(

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I feel like I owe a lot of letters. I'll get to them this weekend I swear. Both my dogs are dying (slowly and expensively :(: ) and so is my grandma so poo poo's been kind of a drag, but I also got engaged which is great so it's been a bit of a rollercoaster

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Everyone in the US should have gotten or will soon be getting some goon-o-ween mail.

One of my dogs died this morning so if you have any fantastic dad jokes to send me, or cute pictures, I would appreciate them. :smith:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

mysa09 posted:

Is anyone doing Christmas cards this year? :ohdearsass:

I don't have enough for a mass mailing and can't afford to get any (yaaaaay $5k in vet bills this year) but I do have some for return mail.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Thank you for the Goonmas cards, PitGoddess and DLAO! :toot:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

DLAO posted:

Yes, I think so... Everyone's been going through some personal poo poo, so I think that's why we've been relatively quiet.

PS-- My divorce is done and after several tumultuous months of my ex constantly dropping in/interrupting my existence with his own, he is now in jail (unrelated to me) and no one has funds/means/ability to bust him out... I suspect he'll be there for quite some time.

Therefore, I'd like to start sending out happy vibe mail soon. Anyone looking for some goon love?

PPS--- If anyone would like to hear THE INSANITY that is my ex post divorce, let me know and I will regale you will stories. All I have to say is that Karma is alive and well... and apparently she agrees with me.

I am so glad you are free of him finally. :glomp:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Happy holidays, pen Goons (and BYOB)!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Expect goonmail soon, all of you.

Lamb I noticed OperaBitch is listed twice on the spreadsheet but shrimpwhiskers is not listed at all, I think there may have been a copy-paste error.

Also PitGoddess' address is no longer accurate, I know her new one but IDK if she wants it posted in the thread.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

shrimpwhiskers posted:

13Pandora13 - I got your card! Thank you~ I love the lil cutout on the front! Did you make it?

I did not, I habitually buy things with bats on them in bulk after Halloween.

I have several sizes of bat hole punches so eventually at some point you'll get holiday Batfetti. Christmas bats, spring bats, etc.

I got an excellent Catcard from Team Lunch too! :3:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Saira your card was returned.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

lamb posted:

Do any of you mailgoons like witchy/spooky stuff? I got a bunch of spellcasting stuff in a mailer I participate in, and have no use at all for any of it.

YES.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

lamb posted:

Is your address still the same?

Indeed it is!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

lamb posted:

Well get ready! I hope you love patchouli.

I do love patchouli and the box is AMAZING. Thank you so much!

CeramicPig posted:

I dunno if I’m too late but that sounds fantastic!

shrimpwhiskers posted:

If you have any left over after mailing to 13Pandora13 I'm also a spooky witch!

Get ready for some randomly selected Lambox loot because it was a huge box and sharing is caring. <3

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Thank you Keetron for the beautiful artwork!

Valentines going out soon!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I also want to recognize I got a bunch of Christmas cards I didn't, uh, recognize. My grandmother died in November, my brother's FiL died in December, and my uncle died last week so things have been weird and lovely.

I also went on a trip that was one of the best experiences of my life in December across the Mojave to see all the sites from Fallout: New Vegas so if you're a huge nerd and want some pictures of that trip, write me a letter and tell me so :):

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

obviouslyifuckedit your Valentine was returned to me as undeliverable.

I got a Valentine from DLAO today! :)

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Cone of Tragedy your Valentine was returned.

I got a sparkly Valentine from Shrimpwhispers!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Hi Mailgoons, I hope you're all doing OK. Things are kinda garbo across the world right now; I was thinking of posting this thread in the GBS "What's Hot Now" sticky to drive up participation, or maybe even in BYOB because they're p. chill, and get some new pen buddies, how does everyone feel about this? Lamb, are you on board for the spreadsheet editing that will inevitably arise?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

lamb posted:

I am up for spreadsheet editing! I've been lazy with it because it really hasn't been necessary, but lord knows I need something to distract myself with.

I'm going microwave some leftovers for dinner to allow for additional time for west coasters to input any "no don't" thoughts but after I'll post in GBS (if there's no solid objections).

This thread did start in GBS and moved to CC back like, 3ish? years ago so hopefully the increased visibility will bring in some new pals. :3:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I got goonmail from Lamb today! :)

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I got a postcard from Zoesdare! :)

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Shrimpwhiskers I got your postcard too!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Keetron posted:

Ah, so that is where all the activity came from! I still have to reply to some letters I got half a year ago and when looking at the goonslist, I saw two things:
1) the Goonlist.htm does not work on my machine
2) drat, that is a short list.

Peeches and 50sGirlGroupon aren't updated onto the spreadsheet yet, but yeah, we're a much smaller Goonclub than before. Speaking of, Peeches I got your lovely painted postcard this weekend! :3:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

If SA goes to Valhalla tonight (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980) I have the spreadsheet saved, including all the new people who haven't been added yet. I will write to you until you stop responding, and possibly still Christmas and Halloween cards after that.

Thank you for the decade+ of penpalling, Goons. It's been an honor. You can email me at pandora (dot) campbell (at) gmail (dot) com.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Over the last week I've gotten goonmails from Zoesdare, Shrimpwhiskers and DLAO, including a super pretty dot mandala magnet from Dee! :3:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I got Goonmail from Team Lunch and a bonus Zoesdare postcard (thank you, BTW)!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I have also been a butthole about acknowledging mailings, including Keetron arts and a beautiful mandala magnet from DLAO, but I am preparing Halloween cards (with shiny hologram Halloween stamps!).

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Oct 11, 2020

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

lamb posted:

I believe Pandora sent that to you. If so, it came from a mailer I participate in. The ones in the mailer aren't for sale any longer, but if you search for "mini besom" you can find something similar. Here's a listing on etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/611548220/mini-witch-broom-tiny-wiccan-altar-broom

^^^all of this, yes.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I went on a hike in the Mojave desert and when I got back I had a bunch of Goonmails, including this AMAZING witchy Krampus box from Lamb:

I love it so much. <3

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Skels posted:

gently caress, there were stickers up last year in this area that said "white people are people too".

Yiiiiikes.

Perhaps you can cover them while...out getting soup for your family?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Skels posted:

You know... if anyone wants to send wedding-related cards to Australia, I'm getting hitched to a fellow goon (lurker tho) on Feb 12th *hopeful grin*. It's an elopement-type thing, so we've only told our close families... and now strangers on the Internet!

Also thanks for the Krampus card, lamb. It arrived yesterday.

omg, yay! :neckbeard:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I got goonmails from TeamLunch and Zoesdare last week!

I'm sending out belated Valentines tomorrow (since it's President's Day today), so they'll be less late than Christmas cards. :razz:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

bulletsponge13 posted:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask- do we have a general mail exchange/Pen pal thread here.

It's this thread! We used to do separate pen pal and holiday threads but it was generally the same people participating so now it's all one big thing.

It also used to be in GBS a long time ago and got moved to Creative Convention for reasons.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

IMJack posted:

I only got one card back as undeliverable this year. Do we have a correct address for Pershing?

I also had a returned card from Pershing.

I've gotten Goonmail from Lamb, Asspenny, 50s Girl Groupon, Keetron, and Zoesdare!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Gonna mail out Christmas/winter holiday cards this week.

I do want to acknowledge the dearth of Halloween cards I got and did not recognize. Things have been nuts (and honestly, no clue when they'll calm down):
Kreyla (omg that stoat/weasel sticker :3 )
Meat Glitter
Zoesdare
Team Lunch
Lamb
Keetron
rear end-penny
50s Girl Groupon
IM Jack

Getting all of these seriously brightened my days, I love Halloween a ton and other than day of (which I did my normal full size bars, terrifying animatronics decor blowout), I didn't have much time to get into it this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Hey guys, I have a weird (ish?) request. Would any of you be willing to send me a postcard from your city/state and maybe include one thing you could recommend about it? Or not recommend about it? Or any random shower thoughts about your state.

I'm having major trouble with shipping an international package (the PRICE) and was thinking that collecting some small snippets and postcards from around the world might make a nice collage gift to an international goon.

I will happily reply to each person with a card/letter that doesn't cost my first born to mail out.

This is a weird long shot but just thought I'd ask.

I don't think we've got your new address ITT? I've got a Virginia Cardinal postcard and everything I can send if you DM me your address...