Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanutbutterunicorn
Jul 31, 2009
I'd like to join in too! I just transplanted myself to Seattle, so I am all by myself for the holidays.

PeanutButter Unicorn
Redacted

Please, no live things, or anything too gross.

Thanks

peanutbutterunicorn fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jan 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanutbutterunicorn
Jul 31, 2009

I just want to thank those of you who I have received cards from so far.. This year has been tough, I uprooted myself to move to Seattle to be closer to my dad and now I learn that he is moving next month to San Antonio (any Seattle goons know of a place to rent??) :-(

But cards from Mars Attacks, Aunt Buck, Keetron, and my favorite from Mysa have made each day of surprise mail really put a smile on my face.

I am glad that momma valet enjoyed her cards. I went through something similar two years ago, but now I can't exchange cards with my stepmom (gently caress cancer).

Also, Mysa, I admire people that are not deathly afraid of horses like I am. Unicorns - no problem - but horses, oh gawd.

Keetron, bless your heart, I just couldn't make out what kind of recipes you wanted to swap?

Happy WhateverHolidayYouCelebrate Goons!

P.S. My dad still can't wrap his head around 'internet friends'. Jeezus, that is how he met his now wife. :banjo:

peanutbutterunicorn
Jul 31, 2009

Keetron posted:

Ehm, to be honest, I send out 40 cards and wrote all kinds of random things ranging from very depressed to very upbeat depending on the time of day and my mood. So I have no idea what you are talking about and I hope you do not take it personal if it was something you might see as offensive. This goes for everyone that received a card from me.

Oh, definitely no offense taken. You just mentioned how the season drains you and all that and I can totally relate. I just couldn't figure out the last part...

Here's to you though, keep your head up. My xmas is going to be extra terrible this year since my little boy is across the US from me and I am stuck in this city (Seattle) not knowing a soul...

peanutbutterunicorn
Jul 31, 2009
I apologize in advance for the returned cards. I no longer am living with my dad and he feels that if you have to use an alias on the cards instead of real names then it must not be legal or something like that, so he has been sending them back. I have changed my address through the post office though. Thanks goons!