Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
Is it too late to sign up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

lamb posted:

Nope!

Yayyy! I have a ton of postcards and I have been waiting for a goonmail thread to ship them away!

I have three roommates too, so if anyone wants to send house mail, I like with my boyfriend (Dan) and our two friends, Sean and Jeremy.

Lindsey T.
1811 Aloma Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789
USA

My birthday is Nov 27, and I like metal music and homemade things and things that cheer me up during my (hopefully) final year of graduate school/schooling everrrr!!!

thepitgoddess fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Aug 7, 2011

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

GinKitty posted:

Thank you for my fantastic Shark Week postcard, Team Lunch! Truly the best part of a super craptastic day yesterday. I miss Shark Week already.

Me too! Thanks! The roommates were both confused and impressed. Your art is now on our fridge.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

PizzaThief posted:

I had to move after losing my apartment after losing my job after my degenerative nerve disease flared up so badly that I needed to go to the hospital for a bit.

Pizza Thief
300 Firwood Dr
Houma, LA, 70363

You live in the city of origin of my favorite singer ever, Dax Riggs.
Woo hoo!

I have been REALLY bad at this. :( Graduate school is crushing my will in entirely new ways...If this is still going by December, I will WILL send more awesome mail.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

I got an amazing halloween card from lamb and great goodies from Fhistleb and Headcrab.

THANK YOU.

I have been having a lovely and stressful few weeks- the kind where I consider giving up on grad school and doing...well, I don't know what. Your cards were amazingly timed. :) Replies soon!

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

I'm SO EXCITED. found some holiday cards in my crafts drawer and will try to get some more tacky beach stuff from dunedin, FL before I go back to orlando. As soon as school is over, GET READY FOR TACKY POSTCARDS FROM PLACES IVE NEVER BEEN AND BEACH STUFF.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Here's a crappy cellphone pic of Lamb's amazing Halloween and Xmas goodies!

Lamb, you rule. You've got something coming back your way, although not as pretty or elaborate.

e need to resize sorry!

thepitgoddess fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 3, 2011

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Is Pandora the only one who got my card? :(

Maybe the Winter Park mail sucks a lot more than I thought.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Andaley posted:

I got yours today! Loved the giant snowmen attacking AHHHH! May I ask what your mom competes in?

Also, thanks to Jimmie for another card I received! My door is starting to look rather festive!

Oh yay! My mom competes in dragon boating. She actually just tried out for a spot on the US team to compete in the Dragon Boat Worlds.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

I got my awesome 8bit card from IMJack, which I am sure will delight the boyfriend!

Also, yes a million thank yous to Andrew Miller, publicly, for sending me the metal CDs. You loving rule dude!!!!

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Unexpected Road posted:

I sent out 30 pieces of goonmail on the 21st, has anyone gotten them, besides 13Pandora13 and lamb? :ohdear:

I got your post! Thank you :) I have been out of town. I also got mail from Fluffy Bunnies and a few others. I cleaned out a ton of old stuff at my parent's and I guess I used to collect postcards...get ready.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

13Pandora sent me an amazing Xmas gift :)

I have kind of a lame request. I am working on my master's thesis so I'm quite busy and probably won't have time to send out many cards.

But! I am having a health issue and it's pretty minor, but it's really just kind of making me nervous (nothing life threatening!). So thesis + joint issues make me a sad pitgoddess, so I'd really love some valentine's goodies! I'll super try to get everyone back who writes to me!

Thanks goondom.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Niemat and lamb sent me the best cards ever that I got today.

Lamb's was chock full of awesome lamb goodies (do you work at a party store or something? SO many tiny goodies! And Niemat's depicted me crushed my thesis with Angry birds. Made my dayyyy.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

To everyone who sent goon mail- THANK YOU! :) It made my day and makes dealing with stupid joint problems and thesis work a lot better.

Sent a bunch of stuff out today. I also learned today that Forever stamps aren't affected by the price change- they're good "forever." At least that's what my post guy told me. I got a few cards with a Forever + penny stamps, so maybe I'm not the only one who didn't know.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

meriruka posted:

Got to very battered but very welcome cards from the pit godess & Aunt Buck yesterday. I get lots of mangled mail - I'm thinking the local post office hates me for some reason - it's starting to feel personal.

Glad you got them. You're the first that responded, I hope mine didn't get lost, or mangled, apparently.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

I just caught up on all my mails! :) Thanks for being patient. I'm going to pick up some awesome tacky stuff from my parents beach town and some lucky people will receive it. :)

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

genesplicer posted:

While shutting down my classroom for the summer, I decided to go through a bunch of boxes of old stuff I've collected over the years. One thing I found was a bag of propaganda from NASA. Mostly posters, brochures and the like. but one thing in the bag was a stack of postcards.

So guess what some of you will be getting in the near future?

So, did I tell you ever that I'm a history MA student who studies propaganda and advertisements? :D Or you know, send them to whomever you like. :)

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Genesplicer! Thank you!

If only I could go 60 miles straight up. IF ONLY.
More FL stuff outbound.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

cuntvalet posted:

The Pit Goddess

Thank you for the adorable watermelon card and the bottle opener! I got it just in time to inappropriately celebrate Canada day with a Florida bottle opener!

You're welcome! It may not actually open any bottles as it is from the truck stop :P

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

miryei posted:

Team Lunch, I sent you a thing in June, and it just got returned to me. Turns out I wrote your address wrong :ohdear:

ALSO, I found http://samsungsharegreatmoments.touchnote.com/ which is free this month, which I want to use to send postcards to all you foreign goons without it being prohibitively expensive. :D

This is amazing! I wish I had seen this before today, since the Games are over tomorrow. Still! I sent some to goons and lots of friends. THANKS!

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Hang in there, Hemlock! :)

I'm so glad the Touchnote postcards reached some of you. I think it lost most of the ones that weren't going to Europe/USA. So, yay for some successes!

I really miss all the mails, I can't wait until grad school is over- which is SOON.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

cuntvalet posted:

Oh! Oh! I got yours and totally forgot to post about it until now. It's sitting proudly in the frame of my dresser mirror!

I'm glad! I think after I sent it, I remembered you were in the process of moving. So, yay! :)

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

LAMB! Your cat mail was divine! It was...purrfect!

I LOVE the bracelet! And the cat collage, and everything. Amazing! Thank you! I can't wait to wear the bracelet. I took a picture, I'll post it soon :D

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

I took a picture of the awesome cat stuff from lamb!

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Now that I'm wrapping up grad school, I've switched to black tea rather than my normal 3-4 coffees, but I still love some good coffee.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Goon mail outgoing. Some of it's holiday and some of it is nonsense. ALL FUN.

Also, I guess it's too late, but my birthday is tomorrow (Nov 27). I think I posted that in my first post on this thread. If anyone likes to send late birthday cards, I would like that too.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Goon love is the best love!

I got awesome Christmas cards and goodies from:
Tempura Wizard, Thermophonic Joy, Crazy Old Clarice, 13Pandora, the always holiday spirited Lamb, Marlow, Fluffy Bunnies, Team Lunch and Coyote Ugly.

My family doesn't do holiday cards, so YAY and THANKS!

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Rythe posted:

I am hoping the Valentine Lego go over really well, I hope they are fun, amusing and a bit puzzling. I have 4 set aside for JimmyDaFish, Thermophonic Joy, Kafkas Goldfish and Lamb, if anybody else wants one let me know. I have 8 more not spoken for that I will send out, maybe a bit more if I can find a few more pieces.

Yes please! That sounds awesome!

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Palette Swap sent me an awesome handmade chainmail bracelet.

You are awesome, I wore it out last night! :)

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Working on making Valentine's day cards. Are there any Watchmen fans in the thread? There have to be. Please tell me there's at least a
Rorschach fan...please? Also, any Silent Hill/Pyramid Head fans?

My boyfriend is a huge Silent Hill/PH fan- he has three Silent HIll tattoos. And he just got laid off, so maybe that would cheer him up.

MustardMasters posted:

Anybody up for some pen-palling? I made a thread about it just before Christmas but it was an idea basically born dead. However, a couple of people weren't too negative about it. Any of you guys lurking here?

I would be down! I write back and forth with a few people here! :)

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

MustardMaster posted:

That's what I did. cardboardRobot, I send your letter a couple of hours ago, it should arrive in 4 to 8 business days. Other people who I'll be writing will be Team Lunch, 13Pandora13, Dushkani, cuntvalet, panorama_change and Niemat. I'll be mailing letters for the rest of you guys in random order in the next four of five days. That's seven people alltogether and I think that the maximum amount of people I'd be willing to write at the same time would be ten, basically because I just realized that I'm not excactly swimming in money. So there's a place for three more people in the Mustardwagon, jump in if you are feeling the winds of bravery blowing your way!

I double-dare you, muthafuckas.

I said I wwanted to be penpals, especially now that I see you live in the great white northnorth, but you didn't include me on your list :(

I hope I made it in time for Mustardy penpal action.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Thanks for holiday love, 13Pandora, PezMaster, Disargaria, IMJack, Jimmy Da Fish, cuntvalet (and another thanks to awesome Palette Swap!)!

I'm going to try to send more love out ASAP.

e: I have 7 cat magnets just in time for the holiday O'love. Are there 7 goons who would want a goofy cat magnet?

thepitgoddess fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 12, 2013

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

I'm sure most of you have heard, but the post office is raising international mail rates as of Jan 27th.

https://www.usps.com/new-prices.htm

So, get your international mail out from the USA soon!

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

So did seven people want goofy/goony cat kitchen magnets?

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Great, all the cat magnets are claimed! :) Awesome!

On a side note, Palette Swap, if there's any confusion at the Post Office, your full name is Sebastian C. Swap. They wouldn't let me send it without a last name this time.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

I'm glad everything is making its way into the world! I know the Valentine's are really early, but I had an urge to write and a new box of 50 ct stationary, so what can I say?

I am moving soon, I'll have to post my new address when I get it.

I got cards from DLAO and Opera Bitch! I'm glad I'm not the only one sending early valentines! I was able to diffuse teh glitter bombs too. My grandma used to send me cards full of glitter, so I'm quite good now.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

I got back from working the metal cruise and the goonmail was waiting!

Thanks rythe, DLAO, Naomi D, Niemat, Pandora13, Kafka's Goldfish, Lamb, God Bless Johnny, Shoozy, PezMaster and Tempura Wizard!!!

GodBlessJohnny, Yes I loved the postcard, even if it was typed. I was totally overwhelmed by all the goon love.

On a side note, I am moving next month, so please be patient if I don't respond.
I'll respond to this round of goonmail and that will probably be it until I get settled.

YAY!

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Hawaii_Lame-O posted:

I figure this could be fun!

Black Metal (Like, the musical subgenre)

We could do a metal CD trade!

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

I'd love another penpal! I'm writing the last of my penpals letters right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

ManOfTheYear posted:

:3:

Have other people been getting my letters? I sent the rest of them like a month ago so they all should have arrived. It's ok if you don't want to respond, I'm just wondering if they arrived at all.

I sent you a letter. I don't know if you wrote back, but if so...I didn't get it.

e- It got here today. It was pretty beat up. I guess the candy fell out. THe post office taped the whole thing back together and put in it a bag with an "I'm sorry" note. But it did get here, so thanks!

thepitgoddess fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 28, 2013