Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

Not my address anymore :(

50s girl groupon fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
I got a letter from lamb today! Thanks for the foam stickers and the, um, poo word search! :neckbeard:

I sent out a few letters on Friday. Hopefully everyone will be getting them soon! Oh, and I'm currently still trying to pen a forgive-me-for-suddenly-stopping-correspondence with my old penpal 13Pandora13. I don't know if you got my thank you card for the package you sent, but THANK YOU. It totally made my day/week/year :3:

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
I received an awesome postcard from Team Lunch today!

I was given a ton of awesome photographs of early 20th century Denver, in postcard form, so I'm going to be mailing those out tomorrow. Sorry I haven't been keeping up with my mail, its been a lovely couple of months and I am (still) in the process of a divorce. :( I'll be better about it, now that I have some free time.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

Unexpected Road posted:

I received an awesome postcard from Team Lunch today!

I was given a ton of awesome photographs of early 20th century Denver, in postcard form, so I'm going to be mailing those out tomorrow. Sorry I haven't been keeping up with my mail, its been a lovely couple of months and I am (still) in the process of a divorce. :( I'll be better about it, now that I have some free time.

I sent out a bunch of postcards, but no one should send me any mail for while, as I'm in the process of moving across country (again). As soon as I am settled, new address is going up. Yay!

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

13Pandora13 posted:

Sent out replymail yesterday. I think I'm up-to-date but if you sent me something and haven't gotten a reply by Tuesday let me know, my mail rack turned into a bit of a mess and it may have been stuck in the shuffle. :ohdear:

Still writing and sending stuff to everyone who writes to me!

I'm way overdue on a reply letter to you. :ohdear:

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
I am the worst penpal ever.

I am sending out two cards to lamb and 13pandora13 tomorrow. :) Snail mail is a good way to cheer up.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
Now that I have my finances and my life sorted out, I'm ready for another round of goonmail :woop:

I've printed out the list of addresses, letter are going out this weekend. My poor small-town post office won't know what to think.

If you sen me mail, please nothing NWS on the envelope. I live in a teeny-tiny town, but occasionally the post has gotten mixed up. All of my neighbors are either nice old people who would be scandalized, or crotchety old people who would shake their canes at me and throw out my mail. Inside is fair game. Also, if you address it to my username, there's a chance I might not get it.

[not my address now]

Some (if not all) of you might be getting random little gifts in the mail too.

50s girl groupon fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 11, 2012

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

tiddlez posted:

I would love some Christmas cheer :) would anyone in the US fancy doing a candy exchange? I done one a couple of years back and it was amazing!

Dominique M
13 Glenhuntly Road
Port Glasgow
Inverclyde
Scotland
PA14 5LA

My boyfriend is Scottish, and so giving him Scottish candy for his birthday in January would be awesome. I am so down with this.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

tiddlez posted:

I've PM'd Bengy back already, but this is awesome. I can't do all three at once, but if you guys don't mind me sending it out to you in a couple weeks time that would be awesome. I'll start with Bengy since he replied first. How does that sound?

Unexpected Road, is there anything in particular you'd like to request? Or shall I just go with what I consider to be Scottish candy?

I am excited!

Anything that's extremely Scottish. Take your time with the exchange; it'll give me time to see what kind of candy he misses from Scotland.

What would you like in return? I have access to American candies (obviously) as well as German candy.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
Thank you 13Pandora13, gamingCaffeinator and NinjaScotsman for the cards! They're sitting on my desk, looking cheerful. I should have mail and reply mail out tomorrow. :3:

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

miryei posted:

Mailed cards to 9 of you in the US!

I've got 4 more (UK/Canada) to mail out. How do I mail international letters? The woman at Office Depot who sold me the stamps for the US ones said I can't send them internationally with just stamps, even if it's only a card, and when I followed signs for the post office I got to a Best Buy. :ohdearsass:

I mailed cards to India with just regular 44 cent stamps. Otherwise, just ask for the 98 cent stamps at the post office. :)

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
I am so late mailing cards this year, its pathetic. I'm so sorry guys :ohdearsass: All of my free-time has been devoted to looking for a new job, as Florida hates its teachers and the arts program at my school is being cut.

Regardless, 20 cards are being posted today, and more tomorrow, dammit.

Thanks to IMJack for the cute card :3: my boyfriend tried to steal it. Also, lamb you have the best cards and they ever fail to brighten my whole day.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
I'm sending out a bunch of postcards I picked up during my travels in Denver. They're all rather odd, so expect odd holiday postcards, random goons :D

International Goons: I'm really stupidly late about mailing out international cards, I'm so sorry. You'll be getting them at the end of December/early January I hope.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
I sent out 30 pieces of goonmail on the 21st, has anyone gotten them, besides 13Pandora13 and lamb? :ohdear:

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
I hope everyone is excited for Sherlock valentines that I am going to draw myself :D

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

cuntvalet posted:

Okay, so I just want to make sure I'm not missing anybody.

Here's my list so far of Venturetine receivers:
Niemat
13Pandora13
CardboardRobot
GamingCaffeinator
Thermophonic Joy
-D-
Pillory Soft
RudyBrah/Fubsy

If I've missed you, or you want on the list, please let me know. I've powered through 3 Venturetines so far, so I figure I'll probably be able to get them all done before Feb. 14th, if you don't get one by then, hold out hope. My hands have probably fallen off and I'm drawing with a pen lodged up my nose.

Okay?

Here, have another sneak peak at one of the Venturetines.

If its not too late, I'd love one :) I'll trade you for a Sherlock valentine

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

Rufus En Fuego posted:

Before I blow my wad on three (I assume cunvalet's enthusiasm means she'd like one) creeptastic cards, does anyone else want a terrifyingly inappropriate and possibly psychologically damaging Valentine from me? I promise to stop just short of rubbing it on my crotch.

Please god yes. I will trade a creepy Sherlock valentine for one.

edit: welp, all the spots are taken. Ah well, you're still getting a creepy Sherlock valentine.

Also, lamb your valentine came in the mail yesterday. I've never actually made one of those foldy fortune teller things before and I am having way too much fun irritating my boyfriend with it. :neckbeard:

50s girl groupon fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 26, 2012

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
Thanks Pillory Soft for the goontine! The dutch hex sign is awesome.

I'm thinking about sending out some Hobbit themed valentines too. Anybody up for some Smaug love?

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
I bought bags of candy last night. Goontines are due to go out on Monday.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
Has anyone received any of my valentines? :ohdear: Nothing has bounced back to me yet. I'm hoping whatever is going on at the post office sorts itself out soon. I haven't received any mail either in over a week, not even my bills.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
Alright, since it seems my goontines didnt make it to some people, I'm re-sending them with some St. Patrick's day goodies as well. The post office in my town is incredibly understaffed and somehow mail has gone missing for other people in my neighborhood as well :( sorry they're going to be so late!

Also I'm moving at the end of the week! :woop: So after the 18th I won't be able to receive mail until I can set up my PO box. I'll still send out stuff though because I have a ton of stamps and cards.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
So after a big move, a long awaited name change, a new job AND a new love, I am so ready to start sending out goonmail again!

Byron G.
918 12th Street West
Apartment K
Bradenton, Florida 34205

If you send something, I will send something in return! I'm going to print out the list of active goon addresses and start sending out mail all willy-nilly next week as well. :neckbeard:

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

13Pandora13 posted:

:stare: That's one heck of a different name. You'll have to tell me about it in a letter!

Will do! Today is my first day off in a week (and the last for another week) so I've got a stack of goonmail ready to be dropped off at the post office!

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
Hello all! 13Pandora13 pointed me in the direction of this thread and I love snail mail, sending and receiving.

My address is:

Rowan Tekampe
2035 Fiesta Drive
Unit 1
Sarasota, Florida 34231
USA

We have a mail thief on our street so if it won’t fit in the mailbox it’ll get snatched off the porch. I have cancer, Stage IV Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (I have a PMF thread in which I whine about it). I’m a mortician usually when I’m not collecting disability bc cancer, so expect dumb mortuary facts and stuff like that. I also love answering questions about dead things. I have three cats and a bearded dragon so you will probably get pictures and updates about them.

I don’t know what else to put here, so send away! Oh and expect dumb touristy Florida postcards too!

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
13Pandora13 I got your card! I love the dogshaming picture, it’s on my fridge. The yellow must have darkened after a because because I had no trouble reading it! I’ll be sending a stack of goonmail out soon! It’s been hard to get to the post office but if I don’t get out of my house soon I’ll go insane. :3:

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
got a neat almost spooky postcard from lamb! it had a ghost town motel vibe to it which I love very much :D

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
I got a few cards back as undeliverable, which is weird as I got the addresses off the excel sheet. I’ll be sending out another batch next week though :D

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
I got a postcard from lamb! I need to remember my password for the ‘gram because I love travel photos :3:

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
I got really nice cards from lamb and 13pandora13! I sent out a stack of halloween cards and my boss was nice enough to get me some international stamps so I can finally send to my international goon darlings :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Hey guys, I have a weird (ish?) request. Would any of you be willing to send me a postcard from your city/state and maybe include one thing you could recommend about it? Or not recommend about it? Or any random shower thoughts about your state.

I'm having major trouble with shipping an international package (the PRICE) and was thinking that collecting some small snippets and postcards from around the world might make a nice collage gift to an international goon.

I will happily reply to each person with a card/letter that doesn't cost my first born to mail out.

This is a weird long shot but just thought I'd ask.

DM Me your address and I will send you kitschy florida postcard! And a left for yourself if you’d like one!