Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

miryei posted:

I've been having a really lovely week so far, and would really appreciate some goonmail.

On the plus side, I just sent Father's Day cards to three countries (two, if you don't count Canada) and have acquired a bunch of stamps for sending return mail to everywhere!

On the other hand, one of the reasons my week's been lovely so far is that some of my mail is possibly getting lost.

At least the weather here has been fairly nice! A few storms but it's been hot and humid which is nice for a change in Edmonton. Are you meaning mail that you're sending out or that's being sent to you? If the former, have you been actually going to the post office to send them and get them weighed there for proper postage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

cuntvalet posted:

I'm thinking of getting some neat stationary and writing letters/doing doodles in between calls and during training at work.

If this comes to pass, any takers?

I would definitely love that!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Tinydryad posted:

I have (finally) completed and colored Cardboard Robot's extreme connect the dots! I busted out my Prismacolor pencils and spent my afternoon coloring away. I may have colored too much. My arm hurts a little. It was worth it.

I am so putting this on my fridge.

Yay!

Holy crap! That looks fantastic! That definitely deserves to be hung up

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
First off I'd like to apologize for being very late with this. Things have been pretty lovely for me these last couple of weeks so haven't really been on the forums as of late, however I must thank those that sent me mail!

Team Lunch!!! That octopus drawing is amazing, I LOVE it! Seriously, when I saw that it was fantastic and really made my day. And as for sending you a shark connect the dot I did that on purpose since your first post said you loved them :3:

Genesplicer, thank you for the NASA postcard. Wasn't sure if I was on your list to receive one but I was glad I did. It was neat, thanks! :)

And as always, Lamb you are amazing! A bunch of stuff for the fourth of july, and I love that you stuck in a Canadian postcard and put "Hello Canada" on it.

Thanks everyone for keeping this thread alive! Goon mail is the best way to brighten a day!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Cats of course please! :3:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Yay cat mail! :3: I could definitely use some cheering up with all the crap that's going on in my life right now. Thanks in advance.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you for the cat postcard Miryei. I've been dealing with a very sick cat for half the week now so some goonmail was greatly appreciated.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you for the frog postcard Mizufision. The front of the card was damaged though so he has a weird mark on his face now.

I wish I had sent postcards when they were free. Oh well. With my cat still being very sick I won't have time to put some cards together for a little while. She has a feeding tube and has to be fed every three hours.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

lamb posted:

I hope your kitty is feeling better :glomp: My kitty was very sick (distemper) when he was a kitten; I had to create an excel chart just to keep track of all of his different meds.

Thank you. We've been keeping track of her meds and feeding that way as well, it's incredibly helpful.

And now to thank Thermophonic Joy for the postcard. Did you draw the robot yourself? It too, like Mizufusion's card, has a spot on the front where it looks like part of the plastic melted away. Anyone else get this or is it just some strange thing for mine? I'll post a picture of it later.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
I'm chiming in to say my cat made a full recovery! No clue what it was in the first place though but hopefully it doesn't happen again.

I don't have any cards right now but I hope to get some in the near future to send out another batch of mail. It's been awhile.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you for the cat mail lamb. I've been dealing with a lot lately and hadn't received any goonmail in a long while so it was a very nice surprise. Thank you.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
My boyfriend was nice today and surprised me with some cards to send to you guys! I'll be sending off some this week hopefully. Even better is that he chose nice cards too :3:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Two postcards today! Just when I thought I wasn't going to be getting anymore goonmail I happen to receive two at once! Thanks to kafkasgoldfish and Mizufusion.

It turns out I won't be able to send the cards I have for a little while yet. Can't afford the postage so it'll be on hold for a little while longer for me. But for those who want to send mail I am more than happy to send you a card in return once I can afford to.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you Thermophonic Joy! I look forward to planting those cucumbers in the spring.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
So I haven't worked in awhile but I'm now at a point where I have to find something. It's causing me a lot of stress so some goonmail would be greatly appreciated. Always brings a smile to my face to see something for cardboardRobot in the mail.

That also means I should hopefully be able to afford to send some more out soon.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Better late than never, thank you Lamb for the envelope stuffed with halloween goodness! I have no idea why but a lot of the envelopes I've been getting for the last while are in rough shape, though still intact enough to keep everything inside if only just.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you kafkasgoldfish for the cd. Most of it was stuff I haven't heard before. Thank you, it put a huge smile on my face to see that in the mail today :3: And not one but two octopus stamps! Awesome, and I loved how you wrapped the cd!

And since people were doing this before I figure I may as well put it here too. My birthday is coming up in just over a month. December 13th I shall be 23.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Halloween stuff from Thermophonic Joy, thanks! I like that you had a cardboard robot looking return label.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Oh god. I just got a job. It's been a long time so it's going to be very stressful at first but hopefully my anxiety is making it seem scarier than it actually is. But this means I'll be able to afford sending out goonmail soon! So yay for that!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you Jimmy da Fish for the awesome postcard. I decided to hang it up on the fridge for the meantime before I add it to the rest of my goonmail.

I'm hoping to send out 50 cards for christmas. Yup! Fifty! My hands are going to be sore from writing so much, so I hope people don't mind if the cards aren't too personal as I will probably run out of things to write. I just want to send out to as many people as I can, and since I have a job now I will most definitely be able to afford it. I'm definitely going to need to order some return labels for such an endeavour. I think it'll give me that much more of an appreciation for those of you who already send out mass bunches of mail each time (not that I don't already appreciate it immensely!).

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you FluffyBunnies for my first christmas card of the season!

Looks like I wont meet my 50 card goal but I bought a box of 32 cards that I plan on working on during my next couple of days off work.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
So looks like I got everything done a lot sooner than expected. I feel kind of bad for not having personalized all the cards but after having written and addressed 32 I think I would be hating myself right about now from severe hand cramping. Here's hoping you non-snow-area-living goons get the "let it snow" cards. I wasn't keeping track of who got which card design. :downs:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you nonpromqueen and Team Lunch! It was nice to get some goon mail on my birthday :3:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
You guys should already know that I plan on sticking around. I may even look into doing magnets for valentines again. Just need to find a thinner magnet sheet so I can make enough of them.

I have a really nasty cold right now so it was nice to receive some goon mail. A thank you to Thermophonic Joy, marlowe, and Vixenella & Alkaphanel.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Cardboard Robot your ink smudged around the exclamation point and made it look like little firework bursts. :3:

I think most of the cards I wrote ended up smudging. Being left handed I have a hard time avoiding it. There was ink staining my hand for a couple of days after writing all those cards, not that I mind of course.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Lego valentines sound awesome. Receiving one would be great but I'm sure everyone will be posting pictures of theirs so seeing them would be awesome enough.

Thank you PezMaster and cuntvalet for the christmas cards! I got a drawing by a little girl, and I love how you make the subjects of your cards into robots for me cuntvalet :3:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you kafkasgoldfish and jimmydafish for the christmas cards. I especially love the octopus stamp with the christmas hat. :3:

And then the other day I came home to a package sitting on the table for me. My first reaction was "SASS IS HERE! :woop:" and from Lamb! But there was no trace of bees. I then realised that Lamb is just a super mailer. Seriously, you are awesome!
Two cephalopod grow things, a cat bobble head, tea, red rubbery flicky thing, christmas tree pocket light, A Christmas Story bandaid, and an awesome postcard that is actually printed on the back. (Did you order those from somewhere?) Lamb, you are fantastic, I don't know how you manage to send out so much mail and then also do something like this. :3:

edit: Just checked the mail. Thank you AuntBuck. Glitter everywhere! :sassargh:

OhJeezAllSleeves fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 3, 2013

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

MustardMaster posted:

Anybody up for some pen-palling? I made a thread about it just before Christmas but it was an idea basically born dead. However, a couple of people weren't too negative about it. Any of you guys lurking here?

I'd be up for that as well. I haven't had a back and forth pen pal for awhile now.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

MustardMaster posted:

I love you all. I have no idea where your addresses are in this thread though. Is it okay if I ask what they are? Once I get hold of any them I'm gonna start writing right away.

My address is as follows:

Finland
Pori 28100
Asemapäällikönkatu 3, apartment 38

I think that's all you need. I have never send snailmail in my life.

Edit: I don't think i missed anybody who responded to my message, but if I did, I want your address too. Writing is fun.

Lamb is a fantastic organizer and actually has all the current addresses in a link on the first post. You can search for all our names there and it even lists which page our address is posted on.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you Shoozy for the christmas card. And holy crap! Dushkani sent me a Tard(grumpy cat) christmas card! It made me smile so big when I saw it. :3:

I also want to note that I got your letter, Mustard Master. Unfortunately for myself, I can't stand black liquorice so that'll have to be shared with whomever I can find that likes it.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

thepitgoddess posted:

So did seven people want goofy/goony cat kitchen magnets?

Oh hell yes! :3:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
I feel awful that I haven't been able to properly thank all of you who sent me cards recently. I also feel really bad that I wasn't able to send any cards for valentines. It looks like I won't be able to send anything for a little while as I was just fired today for being sick. Yay the flu, bronchitis, and lovely bosses.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you Lamb for the st patrick's day stuff.

I'm still job hunting so I won't be able to send mail just yet, but I have cards ready to be filled for when I can afford to again.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you Lamb for the easter goodies. I also love how you stamp your cards now. :3:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
So I've got a job now and almost done paying off what I need to which means I'll be able to start sending mail again very soon.

Also, Lamb, when I go to click on the list for addresses it says I don't have access to it and need a password.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you Kafka's Goldfish! I love the cross stitched octopus and quote :3: I'll take a picture and post it later today.

I haven't been able to send anything out in forever as my new job hasn't really been giving me enough hours and the pay isn't the greatest, but on the plus side I love it there. I won't be able to send anything out just yet but I do have some nice cards ready for christmas so I will definitely be sending out a batch for that.