Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

MAIL IS THE BEST!!

Niemat
Edit: Change of address listed on page 68 :D

I'm going to have to insist no body parts/fluids or pubes, though... I work in a Pathology lab, so I get to see those things (minus other people's pubes, I guess) alllllllll the time. :doh: edit: And, unfortunately, I'll also have to insist nothing graphic on the outside of the envelope... My mail man is a sweet, 70-something old man who I'd rather not shock into a coma.

I'm a chick who loves Biology (specifically marine biology) and owns two pain in the rear end cats. I also collect owls. :D

I'm excited to send you all cards made with the fine motor skills of a seven year old!

Niemat fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Van Goober posted:

Niemat, I also work in a Path lab, perhaps you would be interested in some sort of festive holiday specimen exchange?

There are definitely some fall-themed gold, brown, and orange specimens going through... And how can we not think Christmas with all the red and green ones this time of year?! Expect some Path-themed mail, my friend. Offer accepted. (As a warning, though, I won't be snagging/sending/wanting any real specimens... Again, see them allllllll the time. :sigh:)

Mizufusion posted:

Now I wish I finished my degree and had a bio job. :sigh:

Good news! You don't need a bio degree to work in a Path lab or receive Path-themed mail, should that be your desire! I get paid slightly more because I have a bio degree, but I'm seriously the only one in our lab with one and the slightly more is very slight (think fifty cents slight). So, follow your dreams! Apply to path labs! Just be warned, your job is to literally handle people's poo poo all day...

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

lamb posted:

I think we should be OK with this one - I update the address list in the first post to drop off the people who haven't posted in the thread for more than two months or so (right now it includes people who have posted since October), so the only ones on there should be people who want Thanksgiving/Xmas mail.

http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.html

Or, for those who prefer excel spreadsheets: http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.xls

The url list on my screen cuts off after "Chad Vader"... Is anyone else having this problem? :ohdear:

That being said, I am one of those who prefer excel spreadsheets, so THANKS FOR THE EXCEL SPREADSHEET! :D

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I've got some Nebraska-themed packages ready to go out! Who wants to learn about Nebraska?? :eng101: (Otherwise I'm just picking unfortunate goons at random!)

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I didn't realize learning about Nebraska would be so popular! :stare: (Seriously, I was expecting maybe one person. This is awesome.)

I know I'm super paranoid about mail getting lost, so cuntvalet, Bushwhacked, Mental Staples, and Palette swap, yours will be going out tomorrow!

Rather Tonic (you won me over with the idea you'll "cherish [mail] forever"--even mail about Nebraska.) and Encephalopathy, yours will be going out later this week! (Unless I am able to pull it all together before tomorrow... then yours will also go out tomorrow.)

Niemat fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Nov 21, 2011

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Mizufusion posted:

I picked a bunch of you based on how cool your forum names or places of residence were

Awwww, but it's those of us who live in uncool places that need cool mail to distract us from the fact we don't live in cool places! :smith:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Bushwhacked posted:

Thanks to Niemat for the wonderfully informative pamphlet/coloring book about Nebraska! I wasn't expecting so much effort to be put into it. :haw: I especially enjoyed the blizzard chapter.

Little late on my part, but glad to hear it!! :D

In other news, guess who just got Christmas cards so cheap, the envelopes don't even seal right? :smug: And now guess who's getting those cards in the mail... Terrible Christmas card season has officially opened.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

My Christmas cards are starting to trickle into the mail! I've been sending out two or three every day in the hopes that I'll get to everyone on the list! Some of them have been butchered by me... some of them are just too cute to butcher. :3:

edit: just received my first bits of goonmail! Pictures will follow after I get off work tonight. :3:

Rufus En Fuego posted:

I'm not seeing any photos of folks' goodies. :colbert:

Seconding the need for photos. :colbert:

Niemat fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 2, 2011

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Thanks everyone for the goonmail thus far!

Obviously, all goonmail is for Adrian...(and yes, those are Batman bedsheets. :colbert:)

My first bits of goonmail! :3: Thank you, lamb, Encephalopathy, and Mizfusion/Psychoguy for making my last Friday awesome! I took your cards to work and opened them on my meager break at my terrible job. :)

Sometimes the mail in our apartment must first pass a thorough "Oliver sniff test."

Luckily, 13Pandora13 and Aunt Buck passed, so I got to keep their awesome holiday cards/goodies! :D They were a sight for sore eyes after work!

Again, thanks, you guys!! Your wonderful mail has convinced me to step up my mail game, and now my husband wants to help me send out holiday goonmail! :dance: If you guys wouldn't mind addressing holiday cards to Niemat and husband, he would love it!

On a side note, did Encephalopathy, Rather Tonic, cuntvalet, Mental Staples, and Palette swap receive Nebraska packages from way back when...? :ohdear:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Okay, so another round of (slightly soggy... drat you, weather! :argh:) holiday mail has gone out from Nebraska! Everyone in today's batch gets "bored at work" pencil drawings and "took the day off work" messages, with markedly more stickers on the envelope than previous cards (since before I didn't have any)! :D

To everyone who's sent me stickers, I'm sharing them with other goons by putting them on envelopes... hope that's okay. :ohdear: (I also got some of my own to put on envelopes as well, so, no worries, your stickers aren't doing the heavy lifting!)

Also, Keetron, your card was awesome. We loved the message you wrote (must have caught you on the mood upswing, haha), and the card itself was gorgeous. :) I'll post a picture when I get a few more cards to put in the picture!

Niemat fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 14, 2011

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

More goonmail!! :dance:

Thanks to Ruby Sprinkles, Team Lunch, and IMJack for the wonderful Christmas cards!! And, Keetron, as promised, I posted a picture of your card with this batch. :D Thanks again!

Also,

cuntvalet posted:

:siren:Niemat!:siren:

I got your booklet! And I laughed so much. I think I might colour it then post pictures.

Also, my friend Katie is from Nebraska and when I posted about the booklet on Facebook, and what it said about the Huskers being a religion there, she apparently laughed a lot.

I love it! I will send help. :3:

Yeah... Katie knows.

THANK. GOODNESS. It's supposed to snow here again tomorrow... and I walk to work. :gonk:

AuntBuck posted:

...Niemat, that sepia officinalis is going on my fridge.

Huzzah! I'm officially a fridge artist! :smug:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Did we decide it was still cool to send Christmas cards...? Because I think I'm going to keep sending Christmas cards until they're gone. :v:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Keetron posted:

Oops...

Also, nobody wants custom made, topic requested postcards?
To warm you up, I found some I did in the past:

I would also be all over a custom made, topic requested postcard if (like cuntvalet already posted) I knew what to request, and I didn't already owe you a card from Christmas!! :ohdear: (Two with none in return just seems selfish)

As a side question for everyone... is anyone all about receiving cat mail...? We're talking an envelope full of cat goodness, not necessarily for a cat (although it could be if your cat enjoys receiving mail full of cats).

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I noticed someone started a Valentine's specific mail exchange thread... We aren't getting rid of this thread, are we? :ohdear:

Also, I want to apologize for being so slow to get some mail pictures posted and to get mail out (I haven't forgotten about you, cat mail goons!!)--work's been a beast lately, but I'm hoping tomorrow I'll have time to sit down (at work, ha :v:) and get some mail prepped!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

lamb posted:

I don't think so. I hope it doesn't get closed! I already have 47 envelopes full of Valentine's goodness ready to go (including one for you, Niemat), so they'll get mailed either way.

Awwww, thanks! :3:

I hope this thread doesn't get closed down either. :( Maybe we can make the case that we're the all year round, hard core snail-mail goons who need a separate thread...? :black101:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

cuntvalet posted:

Would anybody be interested in receiving a hand drawn Venture Bros valentine from the mind of cuntvalet?

If my avatar suggests anything other than A THOUSAND TIMES YES, I will be severely disappointed (for I am the BAT!).

mysa09 posted:

Also..Anyone want to send a get well card to my poor cat? She has a fractured leg. :cry:

I am ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL about cards to cats--especially get well cards! In other words, I'd also be interested in learning your cat's name. :)

Also, lamb, I thought I had found the strangest Valentine's cards for everyone, until you beat me out with the Golden Girls ones. :stare: Good show. :golfclap:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Pillory Soft posted:

This morning I was feeling artsy and made a small batch of Pennsylvania Dutch hex sign Valentines if anyone would like one.

:stare: I would definitely treasure a Pennsylvania Dutch hex sign Valentine. We went to Pennsylvania when I was a kid, and I always regretted not getting a hex sign! :saddowns:

Also, everyone's making awesome Valentines!! Makin' my store bought ones look bad!! :argh:

That being said, anyone up for some strange puppy Valentines with vaguely creepy messages inside...?

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

cuntvalet posted:

Oh! Gosh! Choose me! I want creepy-puppy-tines! Ohohoh!

Consider yourself chosen! :D I'm heading to the post office tomorrow to get some international stamps!

Also, AMAZING job on the Venturetines thus far! :stare:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Heads up, US goons :911:, the cost of stamps is going up Monday. :(

US stamps are going up a cent, international stamps are going up 7 cents, and I *think* stamps for Canada/Mexico are going up 5. (Does anyone know if stamps for Canada/Mexico are currently 80 or 85 cents...?)

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Okay. I have now prepared/stickered/illustrated/screwed up thirty VDay cards for various goons, a get well soon card for Jill the cat, and a yay baby card for Keetron. I have never put out so much mail in such a sort span of time, but, gently caress me, everything has been mailed as of today! :dance:

I want to take this time to apologize to everyone who got all different kinds of a weird message from me in their cards (it's been a long last week), and everyone in general because apparently I can't spell when I don't have the ability to erase. :downs:

Worth noting is that the Husband actually signed quite a few cards. :D (the others I did at work and signed for him, but he giggled at the envelopes when I got home, which is pretty much the same thing)

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! These are also the last batch of cards I'll do at this job, so thanks everyone for enabling me to not give a gently caress my last few days with stickers!! :D

edit:

Thermophonic Joy posted:

My boyfriend thinks it's a little odd to get mail from goons, so of course I love showing him the weirdest stuff I get. Please send me the creepiest thing you have! :buddy:

Boy HOWDY, do I have a bizarre little postcard for you!!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Rufus En Fuego, I am more than okay with that.

And cuntvalet:

cuntvalet posted:

Also:

This one makes me smile. :3:

HOPE. :stare:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

With all the new jobness, I haven't really had a chance to post or take pictures of the wonderful Valentines we've received!! A SUPER big thank you to Team Lunch, lamb, Pillory Soft, 13pandora13, and cardboard robot!! You guys are awesome and definitely made my day(s) when I received your cards!! :buddy: I'll throw some pictures up once I get a moment to breathe!

I also want to say I'm really enjoying all the posts from everyone who got our cards!! While our cards aren't necessarily the most exciting (CURSE THE HIGH COST OF POSTAGE!! :argh:), I'm really happy everyone's enjoying them!! :unsmith:

D'awww factor taken out: New jobs are hard. You guys rock! Pictures later.

Also,

mysa09, we LOVED the pics of Jill with the card we sent!! :3:

AND!

Palette swap posted:

I got a doggie card from the Niemats

I'm glad you liked the stuff I sent, and to answer your question, yes we celebrate Valentines day in Chile (I say we, but this is actually the first valentine related anything I receive :unsmith:)

This made me smile more than any post I have ever read. :unsmith: I'm so happy we could send you your first Vday card!!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

when worlds collide posted:

Niemat, I wish mine would get to you already! Nobody's gotten theirs yet, boo. Hopefully soon.

:buddy: Something to look forward to!!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Guess I'm in this for the long haul... Just ordered some address labels with my forum name on them. So excited! :woop:

cuntvalet posted:

Where can you get a good deal on such a thing? I'm so sick of writing my address out over and over again!

Backing up cuntvalet on this request!!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Rufus En Fuego posted:

Guess what I found in the backseat of my girlfriend's car?

Creepytines.

:rolleyes:

I guess she never made it to the post office. That's okay, though. Late creepytines are even better, right?

Right?

Oh, god.

:ohdear:

It actually even almost makes them creepier... Inappropriate Valentines at an inappropriate time?? :stare:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

thepitgoddess posted:

Glad you got them. You're the first that responded, I hope mine didn't get lost, or mangled, apparently.

I got yours, too!! I've just been a lame recipient and haven't posted a picture yet... :saddowns:

That being said, tomorrow I have a day off, and I will be posting pictures of all my awesome Goonentines...! Because awesome things are worth waiting for, and that's why we all love snail mail... Right?? :ohdear:

As a side question, is anyone rocking St. Patty's Day mail at all...? With my previously mentioned day off, I feel like some green things need to get sent. :colbert:

And Rufus, I tried to get on your level--I really did. Did you get your scale from the post office proper? Or did you pick up a kitchen scale?

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

miryei posted:

I'll be sending some things out this week, hopefully. I kinda gave up on making cards though so they'll just be envelopes of stickers and things :ohdear:

Looks like I'll have 3-4 St Patrick's envelopes that aren't already earmarked to people. Anyone want one?

I will always take in mail needing a good home. :)

Also, glad to hear people are doing St. Patty's mail! :buddy: My cards will be in the mail Wednesday or Thursday, depending on how fast I can find awesome cards.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

cardboardRobot posted:

I think it's been previously established that we're pretty much all cat ladies in this thread.

Fact. Also a cat lady. :3:

Edit: In fact, now that I think about it, I think my first picture post with my first bits of mail involved my cats... In true cat lady fashion.

Niemat fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Mar 8, 2012

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

miryei posted:

I'm moving to Canada!

Please remove me from the list. I don't know when I'm moving or what my address will be afterwards.

What if we just sent you (very) late St. Patty's mail? Will you still get it? :ohdear:

Also, I just sent some very belated St. Patty's mail. Apologies all around--it was a pretty classic miscommunication about who was hittin' up the post office when. :doh: Think of my mail in the true holiday spirit like the hangover after St. Patrick's Day... only hopefully more exciting!!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Tragedy Sherbert posted:

I have a whole stash of springtime coloured yarn, so I am thinking of making up a bunch more, if anybody would like one!

I would also love one, if you have one to spare. :3:

My Easter mail is probably going to be a post-Easter situation for everyone... :( On the plus side, it's not creepy/scared puppies again. :v:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Glad to see people got my frightened puppy mail! :D

I got two wonderful pieces of Easter mail last week from the genesplicers (who will have real estate in my garden thanks to their fabulous seed packet!) and Team Lunch (who sent an AWESOME hand drawn bunny, contrary to claims otherwise!). Earlier in the week I received an excellent envelope o' goodies from Palette Swap (I put the postcard up at work to bolster my spirits when things get tense!)! Thanks, everyone! I'll try and post a picture of everything when my camera starts being a team player again... :(

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Are we doing the Mother's Day cards for the mothers of the mail goons? I'd love to sign my mother up, if so. She's very... conservative in nature, so nothing too crazy, but she'd appreciate just a nice card from anyone willing to send one. :)

Also: LAMB. :stare: Your package was beautiful and very much appreciated!! I put some of the smaller owl stickers on the back of my phone, and I put the window clings up on our bathroom mirror!

As a side question, has anyone received my Easter mail?? :ohdear: I went to a post office I don't normally go to, so now I'm worried they've gone and lost it.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

lamb posted:

Regarding the mom list, I think creating a separate list would be best. Anyone who wants their mom to get a card, just give me the info, either in the thread, or PM me if you're iffy about having your mom's info out there in plain sight of the entire internet.

Also signing my momma up! If you are so inclined, you can send cards to:

Trudy, Niemat's mom
c/o Niemat
111 N 38th Ave Apt 2
Omaha, NE 68131

And I will make sure she gets them! :) As much as she and my dad are mildly amused with the idea of internet strangers all sending each other mail, they might be a bit more creeped out if it came to their door...

My mom loves lighthouses (LOVES lighthouses--collects them, visits them, reads about them, you get the picture) and the Victorian era (again, reads about it, visits historic homes, etc). Her favorite flower is the lilac, which is also her favorite color. She's very conservative in nature, so no dick jokes or foul language, please. :)

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Sorry for the double post! It seemed weird to sign my momma up for the Mothers Day card exchange and lament my lost mail in the same post.

Thermophonic Joy posted:

If there was any for me, I didn't receive any. :ohdear: Hope your mail isn't all lost! Postage is too expensive for that...

:doh: This is what I feared... Hopefully at least a few people got mail! You're dead on with postage being too expensive to be lost--especially internationally! :(

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I'd like to add my mother-in-law, Tessa, to the list of Mother's Day mums. She's got a kooky sense of humour, and is amazingly sweet and smart! I don't think she'd have much use for stickers and things, but a nice card would be cool, and she always appreciates a corny joke. Thanks in advance, guys.

Are we sending her cards to your residence? :)

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

While we're busy compiling everyone's moms for the Mother's Day exchange, are there any mail goons who are also mothers and might enjoy some Mother's Day love? :)

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Thank you, Thermophonic Joy for the have a terrible easter card!! It was a wonderful pick-me-up after a terribly strange weekend with the in-laws! I laughed pretty hard when I read your card, got a little uncomfortable at the hate-filled PETA stickers (but... I don't own a zoo/circus, PETA!!), and then I found and thoroughly enjoyed the "Club soda, not seals!" sticker. :D

lamb, thanks for adding the moms to the list for easy address retrieval! I'll be going to town on some mother's day cards for mail goon mothers tomorrow, so apologies in advance to everyone's mothers! :v:

Also, cuntvalet and Themophonic Joy should probably be expecting some late birthday mail, because I'm obviously very good at this "on time" thing right now. :smug:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Big stack of goonmail heading out tomorrow! Couldn't think of any better holiday theme, so look forward to a Happy Victoria Day card stuffed with goodies!

Edit: Got smaller denominations of stamps for each envelope, but didn't realize just how many I'd have to put on for only a dozen letters. Holy crap, I'm tired of sticking stamps.

Canada Post's smaller denomination stamps have a theme: Beneficial Insects (I thought they were all beneficial, but us Canadians can be a little slow about some things.) Enjoy your bugs!

That's some impressive stampage. :stare:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Used up the last of my Canagoon stamps today, so our friends to the north should be getting some mail from the glorious (ha) state of Nebraska soon! :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

cuntvalet posted:

So...this is the month of Thermophonic Joy, and anybody who says otherwise gets a kick in the shins. :catstare:

I would support this alone based on how hard I laughed at Thermophonic Joy's second to last post, but since I've also sent three cards her way this month (the most I've sent to any goon in a month)... The mail output supports this being the month of Thermophonic Joy as well. :colbert: