Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

helloooo pen pals, finally I got my poo poo together and would love to both write and receive stuff to expand my growing collection of pen pals around the world.
I live in Germany so I hope you're cool with single-handedly funding the international post agencies for this, because I am prepared.
You can send poo poo here:
Postfach/PO Box 13 03 12
50497 Cologne
Germany

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Look at that, I merely posted in here and ALREADY got a really nice letter and nice stickers and all the cool things from Keetron! Yesterday I already sent out stuff and now I feel very compelled to do some more. Thank you!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I got a really nice birthday card from Keetron! I hope my answer letter to our last talk made it through to you by now or at least will soon arrive.
I like the birthday card very and even though my birthday was two months ago (on August 7th), your assessment that I probably had or will have a birthday in 2021 is entirely correct! Thank you!

Recently I sent out a grand total of 21 Halloween cards across SA when I felt like I need to sustain my subforum with cards and ghosts, so I was kinda busy with that, but I'm going to send out some more for you goons, too

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Happy to take anything!
Also sent out a whole box of goon mail today, curious when they will arrive across the Atlantic

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I got a really nice halloween card from 50s girl groupon! thank you!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I got quite some mail lately and couldn't confirm who it was from or even what it said because I'm not home currently, but every goon who sent me a card has a place in my heart and I will answer all of you as soon as I'm home!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I got so much mail!!! Finally I am home again after spending months in medical things and now I have to thank ehhh let's see lamb!! and also Keetron!! and I am not sure who signed with KG but that's a beautiful halloween card that somehow took months to arrive so thank you for that, too!! and I also got something from Zoesdare and of course 13Pandora13! Thank you all so much, coming home after such a long time with so many lovely card and greetings are really a blessing and I will earn my vengeance for this on all of you by sending out new cards so beware

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I got another pack of three cards by Zoesdare! No idea why they all came in together given that I assume they have been sent on different occasions, but I'm happy to be showed in cards anyways. Thank you! Gonna send you at least five back or so

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I got a lovely valentine's card from lamb! Thank you, you aready have like three mails on their way to you, but now it's gonna be even more. Out of love!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I'm moving soon-ish and I had to cancel my PO box rent for the future, so I have to pause getting amazing new mail for a little bit until I'm settled once again!
I'm gonna find a new fancy box to use nearby as soon as I have my stuff handled and gonna post a new address.

If you sent me a card or letter recently or plan to do so just now, no worries, for about 3 months it will still find its way to me regardless!

I'll still send you guys cards though, I just can't receive for a little while

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

The last batch of cards I got were partially saying happy halloween so I am excited about this, too!

snail mail really living up its name sometimes
I also got a few cards back that I sent out and they made it to the US and then were marked as not good and sent back and now I'm going to try again so you guys will be getting mail that made it around the world multiple times

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Uhhh I'm afraid no, maybe the post pidgeon has eaten it

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Thank you for the card, lamb! Gonna reply and add in even more stickers, because I have buttloads of those

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Hey goons, sorry my forward order somehow didn't work out at all, as the post office the PO box was located in got closed down and that screwed up everything. I did receive a notice of all the cards that couldn't be delivered (funny enough they bothered to do that instead of, you know, just delivering the cards), but I finally was able to order a new PO box now and as soon as I got the thing setup and paid, I'll be back to sending and receiving snail mails!!

Thank you for everyone who sent me stuff, I have a big art project I'm working on to compensate you with stuff I made!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I FINALLY did the big move, just today I signed the contract for a new PO box, got some extra convenient bonus going for goon mail, in a few days I can get my mail address in the list updated and write you all!
I already sent out a bunch of mails today, finally I'm back in the mail game!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Hello friends, I finally got everything set up again! The move is done, a new contract is signed, you can now mail me stuff to:

Goons Are Great
Pf 10 04 07
50444 Cologne
Germany

I will make new stamps with this new address and I purposely chose a central PO box that is here to stay, even if I move again.
Gonna send out new cards to guys out now, too!

lamb I'm gonna pm you, too, but please update the address thingy from the OP with my new thingy. Please no one send me stuff to the old address, the post office handling it was closed entirely so stuff sent there goes back or disappears into the nether.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I pay 20 bucks a year, what

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Holy poo poo what do they do to those PO boxes, do they get filled with gold or something?? I pay precisely 23.60 per year and can cancel any time but pay upfront for a year regardless with no refund, so it's basically almost as expensive but actually it's not, why would it, it's just a tiny little door in some place that fits letters?

barclayed posted:

that is. crazy. GoG, i want to move to germany (except not really because your story of nazi tattoo guy sounds. insane.)

At least that is illegal over here and he's literally the first person I ever see with this in 27 years of being German

Keetron posted:

280 per year for me, plus another 200 if I want the mail to be forwarded to my house.

Holy gently caress

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Having goon mail buds isn't a privilege, it is a right :haibrower:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

say welcome, hello & maybe chat, draw a dragon, ask about crimes, add stickers of your pets, boom, perfect card

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I sent out a number of letters a while ago but they all seem to be lost by now. :smith:
I wonder if I screwed something up in general

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I'll go check my po box tomorrow! I didn't receive any notification of incoming mail like I should, but technology and snail mail are two things that don't like each other often

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I sent out a whole bunch of letters over the past few days! I hope they make it through this time, I included a ton of art I made.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

That was fast, amazing! Gonna send a ton more!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

rear end-penny posted:

Got letters from Abyss and GaG the last few days! Thank you both! GaG you must have said something about it in byob because I'm not seeing the comment ITT but yeah these stamps are just barely attached to the envelope lmao

Recently I tried to fix this with tons of glue and duct tape, but before I must have lost at least 10 to 15 letters due to failing stamps. Like, my entire Halloween card project in byob failed and resulted in me getting back 12 Halloween cards with an angry note by the mail guys that say that I have to pay to send stuff :negative:

I bought new stamps and new envelopes for my recent projects, not sure which letter you got right now (I sent a total of three to you over the past weeks) but it sounds like it's one of the older ones.

Unless my new stamps are also failing, in which case I'm going to cry like a baby. :cry:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Turns out, goon mail is a dangerous hobby, keep your friends close, but your stamps closer!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Hello friends, I finally got to my box and I have a pile of goonmail here! I got letters from lamb, Keetron, rear end-Penny, barclayed, Zoesdare and sb hermit!! Thank you so much my pals, I'm so happy right now you wouldn't believe it, I feel like a lil kid that got the best presents :lovewcc:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Nice! Okay, there's more on the way and I also got one letter back because the sigil I made (they usually get ripped off before they end up at your places sadly) added too much weight so I had to put extra stamps on it just now, either way now you got more stuff on the way!

Sorry you got a bunch of my rather weird art endeavors there I hope you don't mind, I was experimenting! :ohdear:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Holy poo poo, lamb!
I got this incredible gift for valentine's day, I am sooo happy, thank you!! Amazing craftsmanship!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Oh god finally!! Happy Halloween!!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I got mail!!
A slightly late but still very lovely Halloween letter from kiraeh with a big sticker, a super nice big letter along with a giant BOOK
and tons of stickers by Keetron again, as usual Keetron going all in with the mailing, I love it!!
And my super good friend and comid of our home forum byob Manifisto who I don't think is part in this list, but still sent me a great letter with lovely things!

Thank you my friends, some mail takes ridiculously long to arrive here, but it's a bigger surprise that way, too!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Getting goon post cards as a change of pace from the usual junk, bills and past due warning or eviction notices is lovely and I'm so glad I got a bunch of new mail, which I will list itt soon when I got to read them all!!

I'm sorry I, too, have been a bad pen pal and haven't wrote as much as I wanted to, but now it's 2024 it's also a new week and also a new month and that means this year is perfect to get a new start into stuff, like doing things I like to do! Like writing mail to Goons! :glomp:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

As a 28 year old goon, I giggled at that for like three minutes now, too

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Hello again!
I finally got out of the hospital and got the chance to go and empty my PO box! I got so much lovely mail, I literally cried a bit when taking it out, it's all so colorful and beautiful! Check this:

So thank you so much to Keetron for multiple LOVELY cards and great stickers, lamb with some absolutely stunning halloween stuff I got really late in the year and a cool bat!!! Zoesdare with multiple cards and some really touching words, barclayed with one of the coolest cards ever and a lovely christmas card by marlowe! Sorry that some cards took really long and additionally to that I simply wasn't physically able to make it to my PO box in a while! However, everything will arrive at some point!

I'm gonna answer you ALL, already happened to send something out to a few of you before I got the chance to read your card, it's really so amazing and I'm so touched by all your well wishes and nice words!
I actually do take my collection of goon cards with me when I go off into another hospital stay, which is scheduled to happen in a few weeks, because I like to read them and it makes me feel so much better! :glomp:
Thank you for being Gifts, you Goons :peanut:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I finally sent out replies to all of y'all that I had criminally neglected for too long!
Your mails and especially the well wishes for my endless health circus, my hospital juggling and my never ending ending with cancer swapping from bad to good news to bad to good really mean so much to me!

I'm not kidding, I have a file folder with every letter ever sent to me, if there was any kind of sticker or drawing or otherwise nice stuff on the envelope, I always keep the envelopes, too!
Whenever I got to the hospital, like five weeks ago and approximately four weeks from now until I got to go again, I always take that folder with me and look and read through it during difficult days!
So sorry if I haven't responded to you yet, please don't feel discouraged of sending more anyways, I always reply, I just need a little bit time sometimes!!