Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Rad! I found this thread while looking for the sassmass thread...
My address is
C Smith
1 Parry Drive
Temora
New South Wales, 2666
Australia
I'm into birds- plants- bugs- any kind of science or history- anything handmade or generally amateur- and everyday slices of life from other parts of the world. I intend to post out weird little hand drawn cards to anyone on the address list, 'cos mail is basically magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Pixelante posted:

Last year it went up on the 16th, I think. Tiaz was tinkering with the code.

Ah, thanks. I couldn't remember when it went up last time.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Huzzah! Everyone from SASS-MASS should join!

Yes! It's the same basic idea, right?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Aristide posted:

I've sent out some x-mass cards and postcards but who knows when anyone will get them. Mail isn't as backed up this year in terms of letters but it can still get pretty bad as it gets closer to the 25th.

My first Goonmail! It's really cool to come home after a long day and find mail from the other side of the planet.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

kafkasgoldfish posted:

That's so pretty!

Ooh, I probably should've mentioned this in the first post-
thanks Aristide for a nice card and a fantastic envelope

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Hi thread! Ten goonmail items have entered the Australian postal system, bound for various corners of the world... a mix of people who've already snail-mailed me, and the next addresses alphabetically on the goonmail list.
I'm sure this has been said before, but it's always a fantastic surprise to come home from work, open the letterbox, and find an envelope from the other side of the world bearing strange stamps! (Or with the word "CANADA" at the end of the address, hand written then scribbled out by some anonymous postal worker on another continent.)
Mail is basically magic.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
My kid was THRILLED to find an envelope in the letterbox recently from "Poo In An Alleyway." That's the absolute gold standard of humor when you're ten. (Or 37.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I devised a careful colour-coding system to organise my list of incoming and outgoing goonmail. And, y'know, I probably should have written down somewhere what the different colours mean? So after a few months away I've now got a very pretty, very useless excel file.
Anyway, some mail is heading out this week and next week.