Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
One of my postcards came back. :( I before E, did you move, or did I do the address wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

brotato posted:

What, no! Did you have to pay extra for postage due to my hella lumpy mail? I guess that means I need to start adding more stamps. I was always under the impression as long as it fits in a normal-size envelope, all you need is a regular stamp.

It depends, I guess. I sent out a bunch of lumpy cards about 6 months ago. All with regular postage. All but one made it to the goons in question. One came back with a rubber stamped note telling me it would cost me $1.20 to mail that one. Funny part is, all the rest of them went to other states, the one that bounced was being sent less than 100 miles away, in the same state...

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
I have a big pile of thank-yous to write, but the pile of cards and letters is not near me. I will be posting pictures and thanks as soon as I finish grading all my papers.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
Here's the stuff I got for All Hallow's Eve!

Thanks go out to Jimmy Da Fish, Mysa, 13Pandora13, Dlao, Lady Flash and Pit Goddess! thanks a bunch, y'all!
(I hope I got everybody. If I missed you, please don't be offended. I'm dealing with the aftereffects of a migraine and the meds I've taken. Sucky way to have a birthday.

Gotta add Brotato, sorry!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Genesplicer fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Nov 17, 2013

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
The Abominable Snow sent me a really cool hand-painted Krampus card! It is sweet! Thanks!!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
I received several cards over the past two months. Thanks everybody who sent me one. I've had an opportunity to step back, take a breath and draw some postcards, which I will be sending out, along with some cards that Mrs. genesplicer found. Thanks again for sending me stuff. It was appreciated, even if I was a dick and didn't post anything at the time.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
Crazy Old Clarice sent me a very.. interesting card. I really like it. surrealist/bizarre art is great stuff!

Thank you!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
I have 20 postcards addressed and going out tomorrow. Look for them in your mailbox! (Well, some of you, anyway.)

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

The Schwa posted:

Yay I got a card from the Genesplicers :3 thanks! I had to kick one of my flatmates out today, so the card really cheered me up.

Sorry I've been useless about keeping up with the thread!

I forgot which one I sent you. Which was it?

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
I've received goonmail from four people recently! Yay! It has been a busy time at school. We are doing all kinds of plans for this year, having to change our curriculum on an almost daily basis. These cards were a welcome bit of brightness!

Upper left: Team lunch Upper right: Julet Esqu

Lower left: Stuffins Lower right: The Abominable Snow

Thanks Everybody! Cards going out soon!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

JimmydaFish posted:

So I just may have ordered a whole bunch of these stamps......

:dance:

These make me sad. Remember that the law states that people have to be dead before they can appear on postage stamps.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Senior Scarybagels posted:

But how can something that never lived be a living person now.

Oh god Rudolf was dead from the beginning.

Rudolf the Stillborn Reindeer?

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
Mrs. Genesplicer and I didn't make any Christmas cards this year, due to reasons, however, we are working on a pile of generic "Hooray, it's Winter" cards, because of better reasons, so I will be sending out a bunch of those in the not-too-distant future. Also, I have received a big pile of cards from this thread, which helped brighten out days for other reasons, and I will be posting them soon! Thank you for your time, attention and patience.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
To all the goons who have sent me post in the past couple of months, Thank you! Lots of nice things. Things have been hectic around here. Not bad, just really, really busy, with loads of projects, mostly having to do with the rollout of the Next Generation Science Standards and other school-related stuff.

I'm trying to get back into making postcards to send out to you all. I also have a few premade one that I think are clever. Hopefully you will see something from me in the not-too-distant future.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
I got a very nice card from Julet Escu! In regards to the ink, I was considering getting some J.Herbin for a project I'm planning. Are they worth it? Is it a better ink? I've never tried it, and heard it is good stuff.

Thanks again for the card!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
I'll be working on a few new rubber stamps that will be appearing on postcards in the near future. Not sure of the exact images, as I have several dozen to choose from...

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
LAMB!!!! Thanks for the NOLA postcard. I must agree about the hurricanes. Too many can do a number on you. But oh, so tasty!

I've been working on a bunch of new stamps to make postcards, so expect some cool mail in the not-too-distant future!

(Is the mail list current?)

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
13Pandora13! Thanks for the Georgia Mountain Wildlife card! I had no idea that the Georgia mountains were so... Sparkly.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
Team Lunch!!!!!! Thank you for the postcard of the creepy house. It would be a nice place to live, were it not for the potential of hurricane damage.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
I got a very nice letter from Keetron! The sepia ink is a nice choice. I'm using something similar in one of my art projects. (I'm making a grail-diary type sketch book, and I wanted to have an antique look.)

Thanks for the letter! It brightened our day.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
Yay! First card or the season! Thank you 13Pandora13!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
Holy Crap! I got a whole pile of festive holiday greetings today! Thanks go out to the following goons who saw fit to send me greetings, despite the fact that I have been given a job reassignment to one of the most hated jobs in the area:

The Pit Goddess

Marlowe

Julet Esqu

Shenanigans Luck

Lamb

So much glitter! So many stickers! So much warmth and happiness! Thank you all very much!

Genesplicer fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 18, 2015

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
the Genesplicers got a valentine's card from Lamb!!!!

Very nice, thank you!

And your shameless plug worked! We belong to a postcard exchange called Postcrossings, so we like all things postcard, and this was just perfect! Thanks for the plug!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
Julet Esqu! Thanks for the birthday card. I have not been in too CC much lately, since I became a mod, and I'm glad that I got your card. I'm recovering from knee surgery that I had yesterday, so it was a nice coincidence to get a card while I am lying around recovering. Thanks!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
I got a great Halloween card from Shenanigan's luck! Thanks! The creepy gothgirl vampire demon was pretty cool.

Happy Halloween!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
I have received quite a few cards recently, and I would like to thank all of you who have not forgotten me. Things have been a bit odd for me for the last couple of years, and I have not done any significant amount of art, therefore have not produced anything that I can send out., Hopefully that will change in the not-too-distant future. But thanks again for the cards and thoughts.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
I have been receiving loads of random cards and notes. It is really nice to get them. It has been such a weird year. It started with the death of my father, then came Coronavirus right after, and the shutting down of the schools. Now schools are back in session, but we are working from home. This is my 30th year of teaching, and it is, without a doubt, the strangest year ever. Thanks to everyone who sent a card. They have done quite a bit to raise my spirits. Who knows, I might actually get back into sending out cards of my own. I mean, I actually did some art the other day... Things might go back to normal some time, right?

Thanks again!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

frontyardninja posted:

Had a couple of pieces from lamb and zoesdare over the past few months - thank you! Friendly mail reminds me I'm still here and not only on the planet to pay bills.

I'm super horrible at responding in a timely fashion but I appreciate everyone sending things. My birthday is 4 Wednesdays away, I'm making it a goal to send something to everyone before then.

I am here to say exactly the same thing. I have been very remiss in return post to so may of you. Sorry. It has bee a truly weird year, what with remote learning, health issues and the like. Also, my birthday is 24 Mondays away, so that is a long time. Maybe I can get some cards out in that interval...

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
I have not thanked all of the goons who have been sending me and Mrs. Genesplicer letters and cards. Despite the fact that we have not acknowledged them until now, we really do appreciate them and Mrs. Genesplicer tells me "You really need to write some cards in return!" And, of course, I agree with her, and I never seem to get around to it, mainly because I am a horrible person right now. Hopefully when Summer Break begins, I will have some time to devote to actually returning the favors so many of you have done.

Thanks for the cards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Keetron posted:

If it makes you feel better, I can address the cards I send you once in a while to only Mrs Genesplicer?

I think she might like that!