Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I definitely want to send goon cards out again this year. I wouldn't mind getting some mail, too.

IMJack
3206 Damascus Way
Farmers Branch, TX 75234

Now I'm committed and I definitely have to get off my rear end and get some cards together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's great that my silly little thing is arriving safely in people's mailboxes. :)

Big thank-you to Tendai, AuntBuck, RubySprinkes, Team Lunch, Amarie, Mizufusion, and the duo of Koivunen and Rodnik! I'm out of town for the Christmas weekend, so hopefully I'll see some more when I get back!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Thanks to tehlad and Lilian for the cute hand-drawn card!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Now's a good time to start planning for Valentines, but I'm probably gonna wait until 2/1 to actually send stuff out.

The guys who printed my cards for me told me about an offsite printer who can do a card run in higher quality than they can. If I do another effort card for V-day, I'll try to get it ready early enough to be printed and back to me in time to send out.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Time to go through some Goonmail!

Thank you to Jendawn12, Mysa (cool button!), Drei (awesome handmade card), Unexpected Road, Pillory Soft (zomg sticker explosion), lamb, Ninja Scotsman, Mr. & Mrs. Genesplicer, and Gonzo Ronin!

I need to break out my camera and photograph this pile of love. After I clean the house.

And Rather Tonic, I got the card I sent you back, saying "Insufficient Address"! I'll try to send it back out once I get the addy fixed!

IMJack fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 31, 2011

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
I haven't been keeping up with this thread. I'm glad my crappy low-effort valentines are reaching people safely. Note to self, if I want to another round of high-effort Christmas cards, I should probably get started in August or thereabouts.

Anyway, I owe some thank-yous to some folks. Niemat (and husband), DeYoung, 13Pandora13, lamb, and Thain, thank you all for the valentines! Rufus en Fuego, thank you for the National Indian Pudding Day card! Slime Sanction thank you for the Christmas card!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Meriruka and RubySprinkles, thank you for the Valentines!

Rufus en Fuego it's a day early, but this is for you.

Happy National Indian Pudding Day. The stuff is surprisingly tasty.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rufus En Fuego posted:

I actually just bought 700 Avery labels at Office Max for $10 and printed them on my office's laser printer. Super easy.

You can also order fancier ones through those newspaper inserts that try to get you to order Disney checks or whatever. I get two or three of those inserts a week. They're generally inexpensive and sometimes really cute.

If you're serious about this, you need to get a postage scale and an account at stamps.com.

Get on my level.

:colbert:

Yeah, the labels I use are Avery 5260 format, and MS Word should let you choose that in its Label Wizard feature. 30 labels to the sheet. Take the time to make one label really fancy, then copy it to every cell on the sheet, print, and you have fancy return labels.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
I got a couple of cards back. Molten Llama, I got a "not deliverable as addressed" on yours. -D-, I put the wrong address on yours; that's the tradeoff for addressing these things by hand. I'll get that back out ASAP.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm really, really late to the game this year, but I still want to get in on this. For me it's not the holidays until I'm sending & receiving piles of goonmail.

IMJack
3206 Damascus Way
Farmers Branch, TX 75234

I have cards, they're not the fanciest cards, but I'm going to get to addressing & stuffing & mailing them out tonight.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yay goonmail! Thank you DLAO for the kitty card, AuntBuck for the glitter bunny, and Opera Bitch for the beads!

I just dropped my first batch of cards in the mail today. I'm going to fish through the thread looking for latecomers like myself to drop mail on. DLAO, now that you've posted I know I got your address wrong, so I'll get you another one!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Sheep posted:

Kafka's Goldfish: Is PDX, Oregon an actual place? I'm fighting with the post office to get them to send my reply card in its current incarnation.

Everyone else except jimmie is having their replies go out tomorrow.

Also first person to quote this with their address is going to get some Christmas-y stuff from a bunch of Japanese high school students. Could be hand-drawn pictures of gigantic robots fighting schoolgirls in school-regulation-breaking-ly short skirts while swinging cats by their tails, could be a school announcement about 'please gargle and wash your hands sufficiently', I promise nothing!

PS: it helps if you tell me a little bit about you so I don't just show up tomorrow like "so there's this person on the internet..." but I'll do what I can either way.

I ran KG's street address and ZIP through Google maps, and it resolves as Portland. PDX maybe local shorthand, idunno.

And since I'm quoting you anyway, I might as well get in on your other deal.

IMJack
3206 Damascus Way
Farmers Branch, TX 75234 USA

Um, I'm interested in skydiving, so if you want to give your students "skydiving" or "parachutes" as a prompt, that'd be cool.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm happy that my cards are getting where they're sent.

I'm looking forward to a pile of cards when I get back from my Christmas trip!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
I am totally and shamefully delinquent in thanking people for the wonderful Christmas cards I received.

lamb, thank you for the huge pile of cheer! The Santa Claus vs. the Martians card is super cute!
Pezmaster, the picture from your students and the coloring from your husband are adorable.
Shoozy, thank you for the coloring page!
Kat, HOLY poo poo GLITTER BOMB. Thank you!
Aunt Buck, you glitter bomb is second-rate. :colbert: But thank you!
Thermophonic Joy, thank you for the pile of love!
Opera Bitch, you helped make my holiday season all holidaylidy, even despite my signing on late. Thank you!
DLAO, thank you for the kitty card and the origami!

Now I have to start thinking about Valentines. The question is: saucy or not-so-saucy?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
shoozy, thank you for the card and the brownie recipe!

Team Lunch, thank you for the Batman valentine!

Mr. & Mrs. Genesplicer, thank you! K:c:

Jimmy da Fish, thank you!

My valentines are going out tomorrow, come hell or high water! I'm totally delinquent on this. Again.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Wings of Mine, thank you for the Spongebob valentine and the envelope full of stuff!

Simple Blue, thank you for the cute little devil-heart thing!

AuntBuck, I sent you a card but it bounced back. :( It says "No mail receptacle/Unable to forward". Did I miss an address change?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's not too late to put me back on the Goon Christmas card list, is it? Getting Goon-mail makes my holiday, and the need to send Goon-mail keeps me focused.

IMJack
3206 Damascus Way
Farmers Branch, TX 75234

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Thank you, amarie and Stuffins!

I mailed out a bunch of cards on Tuesday, and I know some of them that were closer to me have already arrived. I have cards for the latecomers ready to go out tomorrow.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Lookit all these cards!

Thank you to jadedhula (who didn't sign your card!), mysa09, Aunt Buck, Shenanigan's Luck and your furry family, DLAO, Ceramic Pig, Jimmy da Fish, The Shwah, Etor & family, Crazy Old Clarice, and of course lamb! And a special thank you to marlowe who had the misfortune of being my Secret Santa!

JimmydaFish posted:

Is it too soon to look forward to Valentine's Day? :shobon:

Man, I utterly failed to produce a high-effort Christmas card, but maybe a high-effort Valentine's card will make up for it! And now is the time to get started on that.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's getting less and less likely I'll actually get this thing out before V-day.

You guys wouldn't mind a slightly tardy valentine, would you? :blush:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Lady Flash, Jimmy da Fish, Stuffins, and Lamb: thank you so much for the Valentine's!

I WILL get these super-late Valentines to you guys if it kills me.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Thank you for the Easter goodies, Stuffins!

Man, I've been bad about sending stuff.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
So many wonderful Halloween cards! Thank you to lamb, Team Lunch, Ceramic Pig, lady flash, and Jimmy da Fish!

I need to get my butt moving on my Christmas cards. I keep getting sidetracked by friends' birthdays.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
I've received cards from JimmydaFish, Marlowe, Team Lunch, Ceramic Pig, Jaded Hula, and Julet Esqu! Thanks to all of you!

I've put together cards for everybody I've received cards from and a few other random goons besides. I'll probably do more this weekend. Hope you don't mind late cards!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
I am really terrible about thanking people for cool stuff they send me. Big thanks to Julet Esqu, Jesticle (cool photos!), Brotato, embitca, and lamb for the valentines and St. Pat's cards!

And yeah, I drew the art for the valentine card I sent out. That was supposed to be last year's high-effort card but of course I put it off too late to send them out. So it's this year's card instead!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
I didn't make as much progress on my Christmas card as I wanted to over the weekend, but I can still pull it off! I plan to send out cards here and would love to get some from you guys as well.

IMJack
3206 Damascus Way
Farmers Branch, TX 75234

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Aunt Buck, 13 Pandora 13, Team Lunch, Ceramic Pig - Thank you for the neat cards!

My cards are finally ready for me to stuff some envelopes, so that's tonight's task. Hope you guys like them.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Lamb, Marlowe, Shenanigansluck, Julet Esqu, thank you for the cards!

My cards went out yesterday in the late load, so hopefully they'll start showing up tomorrow or Monday.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Thank you, lamb, Jesticle, Julet Esqu, and 13Pandora13 for the Valentine's (and New Year's) cards!

I bought some cards but never had time before the holiday to mail them out, so maybe I'll try to send them out with a St. Patty's card or something.

And to answer the question, yeah, that's my little drawing on the Christmas card. That was going to be 2014's high-effort card but I flaked out and ran out of time, so it became 2015's high-effort card.

If I'm going to draw a Christmas card, I really should get to work on it around September or October.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Juliet Esqu, thank you for the birthday card! It helps right now, seriously.

I need to start thinking about what my Christmas card is gonna look like.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
13Pandora13, JimmydaFish, AuntBuck, Poof: Thank you so much for the cards!

I'm hoping to find some time today to prepare cards and drop them in the mail before I have to fly out tonight. My normal was upended right after Thanksgiving and I had no spare time in December to do the fun Christmas things I had planned. Next year!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Thank you for the postcard, Julet!

I gotta get my rear end in gear for goonmail season.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

mysa09 posted:

Is anyone doing Christmas cards this year? :ohdearsass:

I have every intention of doing so, I just gotta get my poo poo together.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
DLAO, thank you for the nice card!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Julet Esqu posted:

I also have Halloween cards to send! Please enjoy receiving them some time after Halloween is over!

Thank you for the card! I am an awful person who isn't posting to thank y'all for these lovely cards when I should.

My own plan for a holiday card is in work. Hopefully I'll have the art ready to go this weekend or so. My problem has always been getting started on it early enough that I'm not in a panic to get it finished and sent out right at Christmas.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Let the Cardening commence...!!!

And I still have lots of these cards left over.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

CeramicPig posted:

Thank you IMJack and and Aunt Buck for the cards!!

Thank you for the card you sent! Thanks to Team Lunch and AuntBuck as well!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Thank you for the cute note, 13Pandora13!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
lamb and frontyardninja, thank you for the cards!

I finally got my own cards printed and will probably be scrambling to get them mailed here in the next few days. So look forward to that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
I got a postcard from lamb as well! Thank you so much!