Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

cuntvalet posted:

Lamb, super job as always with all of effort gone into this thread! I was wondering, since in the first page, you mention us mentioning our birthdays, would there be a way to list the birthdays in the spread sheet?

I'm not saying you should (Christ, you put enough time and energy into this stuff that you should get paid for it as a REAL job) but maybe discussing it could put down a gauntlet challenge for somebody to host a list of birthdays and info for goonmail?

Just a thought.

Can't wait for GOONMAIL '12.

You know, I thought of that, but I think it would be a little iffy to have people's birthdays and addresses listed on the Internet next to each other. People are always free to let the thread know their birthday is coming up, I just don't want to make it easy for potential scammers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Ok, everyone. List is up to date.

http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.html
Or, for those who prefer excel files: http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.xls

If you were inadvertently removed and wish to continue to participate, please repost your address and it will be added back to the list. If on the other hand, you do not want to continue, let me know and I will remove you ASAP. Otherwise, as long as you don't post in the thread eventually you will fall off of the list.

Last bit of housekeeping, I owe big thanks to Van Goober (I did a bad job at painting the velvet tree :(), mysa, Palette Swap (I am wearing the bracelet now - I absolutely love it), Team Lunch, wwc (again!), Comrade Koba, Chipbot, Fluffy Bunnies (oh god so much confetti all over my house), Slightly Used Cake, The Ninja Scotsman, eumenidy, Unexpected Road, Thermophonic Joy and Jendawn13! I truly appreciate all of the kind words and wonderful drawings you sent. My house was awash in goonmail. It was glorious.

My new year's resolution is to get back on track with posting pics of all of the goonlove I receive.

lamb fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 3, 2012

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

mysa09 posted:

I sent out about 30 Christmas cards a couple days before Christmas. None got sent back but the mail man wasn't very happy that I put a lot of stickers on the envelopes. :ohdearsass:

Put me back on the list for Valentine's Day Cards!

Stephanie
4923 State Route 276
Batavia,Ohio 45103

Done!

I am so excited - I just placed an order for stamps and all manner of tchotchkes for St. Patrick's Day, Fourth of July, one random mailing and even next Halloween and Christmas. This thread better not die.

Edit: and Easter! I got Easter crap too.

lamb fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 6, 2012

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Keetron posted:

All postcards are outlined in pencil but I had no eraser when I was at the hospital so progress stopped there. I hopefully have some time for the first time tonight since my son was born Wednesday.

Congrats!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Thank you very much to Dangereuse and Count Drunkula, who are under the impression that I went to Penn State (?), and to Cardboard Robot, who sent me a coloring page and stickers that I appreciate very much, even though I am not a brony (is there a female equivalent to a brony?)

Palette swap posted:

lamb, you took me out of the list :(. Also I made a cheesecake with the recipe you sent, and it was delicious (Everybody loved it). And about the bracelet, Was it the right size? I made it myself, and didn't know how big to make it.

You made that yourself? It is perfect, and I've gotten many compliments on it. You should sell them!

I'm really sorry about taking you off of the list- I've fixed it. It was definitely a weird mistake on my part, because you're one of the goons whose Valentine's Day envelope I'd already prepared. Here's proof:

Now I just have to resist the urge to send these out before February 1st.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Niemat posted:

I noticed someone started a Valentine's specific mail exchange thread... We aren't getting rid of this thread, are we? :ohdear:

I don't think so. I hope it doesn't get closed! I already have 47 envelopes full of Valentine's goodness ready to go (including one for you, Niemat), so they'll get mailed either way.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

13Pandora13 posted:

Okay I just fired off 25 letters including 2 internationals. :neckbeard:

I got your Valentine yesterday! I loved Razzles when I was a kid- I had no idea they still made them.

I'll send yours Monday when I get to work :glomp:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

I thought this might be of interest to you fellow mailgoons:

http://riowang.blogspot.com/2011/12/language-of-stamps.html

You may have been sending secret love messages all this time without even knowing it!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

I wish I hadn't already prepared my Valentines. You would all be getting these:

I love Bea Arthur.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

AuntBuck posted:

Also I have a new address:

I've updated the list with your new address, and I've added all of the newcomers:

Andaley posted:

There are ones with paper planes, red text decoders, window clings and on and on. I was lucky if I got plain ones with a recognizable character on them when I was little.

I know! I was at Target over the weekend and they had Justin Bieber Valentine's Day cards. When I was a kid, all they had was trains (for boys) and bunnies (for girls).

On a side note, if anyone comes across Big Time Rush Valentines, please let me know where. I've seen iCarly, Victorious, Jonas Brothers, even High School Musical (is that even on?) but no Big Time Rush. Which would not be for me. It's for, um, my niece. Yeah. My niece.

lamb fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 18, 2012

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

cardboardRobot posted:

Now I know I told you guys about those extreme connect the dots, well I think I'm going to wait to send those out. So those will most likely go out in my next batch of cards which won't be holiday related. But don't worry. Those that already said they wanted one will still get theirs (I've written your names down). It just means more mail to look forward to later! If anyone else hasn't piped up about wanting one do so now so I can add you to the list for the future.

I'd like one please.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

mysa09 posted:

There ya go Lamb
Awesome. Where did you see those?

lamb fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 18, 2012

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

nm

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Niemat posted:

Heads up, US goons :911:, the cost of stamps is going up Monday. :(

US stamps are going up a cent, international stamps are going up 7 cents, and I *think* stamps for Canada/Mexico are going up 5. (Does anyone know if stamps for Canada/Mexico are currently 80 or 85 cents...?)

Well, that's it. I'm sending mine out today then.

According to the press release:

Letters (1 oz.) will cost 45 cents. This is a 1-cent increase.
Additional ounces for letters will remain unchanged at 20 cents.
Postcards will increase 3 cents to 32 cents.
Letters to Canada or Mexico will cost 85 cents. This is a 5 cent increase.
Letters to other international destinations will increase 7 cents to cost $1.05.

lamb fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 19, 2012

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Thank you so much for the beautiful peacock card, wwc! These stickers will come in handy when I prepare my Easter cards :)

For all of the newcomers and people added back to the list, it's up to date as of this post.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Palette swap posted:

Everytime I go to the supermarket, I see Haribo gummi bears, and I've always wanted to buy some. After eating the ones you sent, I'll buy the big bags.

Just be careful, if you eat too many gummi bears you get gummi tummy. I learned that the hard way.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

thepitgoddess posted:

Niemat and lamb sent me the best cards ever that I got today.

Lamb's was chock full of awesome lamb goodies (do you work at a party store or something? SO many tiny goodies! And Niemat's depicted me crushed my thesis with Angry birds. Made my dayyyy.

I wish I did! No, I just like shopping for tchotchkes. :)

I've updated the list with all of the newcomers:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

skels posted:

Is it okay at send holiday mail after the holiday? Work is being a bastard and AusPost Office opening times are retarded.

Absolutely. This thread goes year-round.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Dangereuse posted:

While happily churning out Valengoons cards, I noticed we've been knocked off the list. Can we please go back on?

Absolutely! I'm going to update it tomorrow when I get back in the office.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Team Lunch posted:

I was Lamb all along!

:ninja:

I have updated the list as of this post:
Excel version: http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.xls

My mailbox overfloweth, so I have "thank you"s for:

Suzie McAwesome

Thain and Locutus of Bald (sorry, I ate the candy before I could take the picture)

Thermophonic Joy

Hemlock

Niemat and Team Lunch

Thank you all so much for the goodies, and kind words. Keep up the good work everyone!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

-D- posted:

A great big thank you to lamb for the awesome envelope shoved full of Valentines Day cheer! So much stuff in here! I've no idea what Big Time Rush is, but this valentine covered in young ladymens is just awesomely horrifying enough that it's now on my fridge. They watch me wherever I go in the kitchen. Always smiling. Always judging. And it just kept getting better: An adorable activity book, a cootie catcher(!), hug coupon, coins, and a miracle fish I've named Bill who can tell my future! poo poo lamb, you are good at this. Thank you! I will now go the rest of my life waiting to catch someone in the act of masturbating so I can hand them an 'I was caught doing good' coin.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying their mail! Big Time Rush is a Nickelodeon show/boy band who I am only half ashamed to say I'm going to see in concert in March. I'm bringing my 4-year-old, so I won't look totally creepy. I've been practicing my look of vague disinterest because we all know that middle-aged women ogling barely legal ladymens is uncomfortable for everyone in the area.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I have a tonne of stickers and cute little things from all the mail I've received, and I'm not sure what to do with it all. I considered sending some of it out to other deserving goons, but I wonder if that would be a faux pas? What's the consensus on sending out the knickknacks we've gotten?

I don't think there's anything wrong with using the stickers that people have sent you to decorate other people's envelopes. I've even used some of the postcards that WWC has sent me in my mail to other goons.

As far as regifting the little tchotchkes people have sent, I don't know. While I do put a lot of time into curating things for my envelopes, I wouldn't be particularly offended if something I sent got passed along (better than it being thrown away). I could see how someone's feelings might get hurt though, if they sent you something they got/made special for you and then found out you sent it to someone else.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

I've gotten so much wonderful mail! Please excuse the truly atrocious cell phone pictures - I've tried to dress them up so as to distract from the crappiness.

Amarie loves me so much, she'd risk a permaban for me!

Tinydryad's cross-stitch inspired Valentine was lovely. I started doing the scratcher craft already

Cardboard Robot sent a robot-themed package of goodness which included some Andes Candies-like chocolate sticks and taffy, which made its way to my belly before I could take a picture

hyperhazard sent me a postcard from a perch atop a camel, miryei created handmade hearts with really nice things written on the back and Andaley sent a valentine with a cute little flower tattoo and heart stickers

The Genesplicers sent a beautiful Valentine with an intricate felt heart, and GonzoRonin drew me a butt farting hearts and sent lamb stickers!

skels sent the mother lode of Australian goodies. I am really sorry this one is so blurry, but there are stickers with all sorts of sayings one might hear at Outback steakhouse

wwc's package included a card-making kit that I am putting away for next year's mail (I start early)

and last but not least, Rufus en Fuego sent a vaguely phallic Valentine's Day bookmark, an awesome card that had a foam bee and felt robot, a recipe for Indian Pudding and a mini China Glaze Ruby Pumps, which is so awesome because I love tiny bottles of nail polish more than a fat kid loves cake. Oh, and unicorn semen.

---
Programming note: I've been giving some though to the Mother's Day card idea, and am thinking that we can do it within this thread, I'll just create a separate address file for goonmoms. Of course, if someone else would like to start a separate thread that would totally work too.

lamb fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 8, 2012

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

cardboardRobot posted:

Last year I made some :frogout: magnets but didn't go with that again this year. Wanted to do something different. Plus they were SO much work.

I still have mine :)

The list is up to date as of today!
Or, for those who prefer excel files: http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.xls

lamb fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 9, 2012

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Give me a few days and I'll update the master w/ interests. I'd prefer not to have a doc that anyone could edit, because I could see it getting messy.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

DeYoung posted:

I edited my address two weeks ago because I moved, do I need to repost it so I'm on the list?

I will add you back tomorrow!

cardboard robot , my master version of the file has the page numbers where everyone's first post is, so that would be no problem.

hyperhazard, would that be helpful?

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

DeYoung and Cmdr Tomalak, you're back on the list, and it now includes page numbers for easy stalking.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Derringer posted:

I wanted to say thank you to HyperHazard, I got your postcard today! The drawing made me laugh.
I saw that I am not on the list, should I repost my address?

If it hasn't changed, I'll add you back on Monday when I get to my other computer.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Thermophonic Joy posted:

:ohdear: I hope it gets here. I hate when goonlove goes to waste.

Hey lamb, Shoozy is sending out Valentines, but I think she must've gotten bumped off the list.

That's not a name I have for this thread :confused:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

I'm glad everyone's stuff is arriving! I am busy working on my St. Paddy's Day mail now.

I owe some folks some thanks:

Becktastic, you will be happy to know that the heart balloon thing did arrive intact and I promptly popped it

Devi Electro sent me a sweet handmade lamb card, and Aunt Buck sent a perfectly respectable drawing of a bantam rooster and a whole bunch of stickers

IM Jack sent a Valentine that took me back to second grade computer lab, Topenga wished me tasty waffles, mizufusion somehow knows that I am covered in Cheeto dust :tinfoil: and vegemite sandwhich sent hugs

I really need to fix my camera. These pictures suck, sorry.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Rufus En Fuego posted:

I guess she never made it to the post office. That's okay, though. Late creepytines are even better, right?

Absolutely

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Niemat posted:

As a side question, is anyone rocking St. Patty's Day mail at all...? With my previously mentioned day off, I feel like some green things need to get sent. :colbert:

I sent some out on Thursday, and have another batch going this week.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

I owe some seriously late Valentine's thanks to thepitgoddess, Famine Poodle, Pirate Scurvy, -D- (I am going to see the ladymens on Friday, if I get past security I will pass on your request), MuseOfAllSoup, Tragedy Sherbert (I love the beer cozy!), Meriruka, Cmdr Tomalak and last but not least, Ruby Sprinkles

I am working on my second batch of St. Patrick's Day mail today (expect something skels!), and then I will prepare for Easter. Beyond that I have some some random summer mail in the works.

Also, I encourage all cat people to out themselves for some goodies I've been collecting.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

IrishWolfMan posted:

I'm down for mailing/being mailed to. I collect postcards too, so if you have any, I'd love them. The weirder the better. Please no NWS stuff. :)

IrishWolfMan (David W.)
14823 Reedley Street
Moorpark, CA 93021

Welcome! I'll probably be updating the list Monday when I get back to work, and will add you and make the other recent changes then.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, THREAD!

cuntvalet posted:

I haven't sent anything out in awhile, I hope I'm still on the list. :ohdear:

As long as you periodically post in the thread, you stay on the list. On that note, I have updated the address list today to make the new additions and to remove anyone who hasn't posted since 1/31 or earlier. If I removed you and you want to be put back on the list, just let me know.

Also, thank you very much to:

Thermophonic Joy, Niemat, Muzufusion,

The Genesplicers, hyperhazard, Team Lunch
and Miryei

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Yay, I'm glad people's stuff is arriving! Sorry it's late. Or, maybe I'm very early for next year.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

I'm glad everyone's getting their stuff! I'm always on the lookout for stuff I think goons might like in my travels, so it pays to post some stuff about your likes :)

I owe a bunch of you thanks. My job has been nutty lately. I promise to get it together soon.

Regarding the mom list, I think creating a separate list would be best. Anyone who wants their mom to get a card, just give me the info, either in the thread, or PM me if you're iffy about having your mom's info out there in plain sight of the entire internet.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Good Morning, mailgoons!

First, I have some very belated thanks. I still have a pile on my desk, so if I have not thanked you I will soon. Well, hopefully soon.

This embarrassment of riches came courtesy of Team Lunch, genesplicer, mizufusion, devi electro and 13pandora13. So awesome, thanks guys.

Also, the list is up to date as of today, and I've added the goonmoms to the bottom of the list for easy reference!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

miryei posted:

I have my new address, and also internet!

Welcome back! I've added you back to the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

My office is in the middle of a move, so my merry-making supplies are packed up but I have a summer-themed mailing that will hopefully go out some time in June in addition to my catmail I'm putting together.

In the meantime, these fabulous goons have kept the mail coming:

cardboard robot, Famine Poodle, Aunt Buck, Ruby Sprinkles and last but not least, Thermophonic Joy. Thanks!!!