Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

13Pandora13 posted:

Hi Mailgoons, I hope you're all doing OK. Things are kinda garbo across the world right now; I was thinking of posting this thread in the GBS "What's Hot Now" sticky to drive up participation, or maybe even in BYOB because they're p. chill, and get some new pen buddies, how does everyone feel about this? Lamb, are you on board for the spreadsheet editing that will inevitably arise?

I was in on this years ago and so glad to see it’s still happening!

Zoesdare
3502 E El Moro
Mesa AZ 85204

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

So I’m terrible at updating but thank you all for the cards and notes. 13Pandora13, Shrimpwhiskers, Lamb, you guys are helping me keep it together with your awesome mail.

New batch of cards is on the way out Monday.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Just caught up to my replies. Working on slowly sending something to everyone.

Thank you to frontyardninja for the postcard yesterday!

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Sent another round of postcards this week. Keep an eye out.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Got a postcard from Sharizard and a card card from Ceramic Pig.

I also got a letter returned in the mail that was meant for Team Lunch. :ohdear:

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Thanks for the birthday card I got yesterday, Keetron! I should be caught up on replies to everyone now including Lamb and Ceramic Pig.

Another returned letter, this time from Pershing. Hope all is okay at Casa De Pershing.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Peeches, those are breathtaking! My big ol postcard is on the fridge in pride of place!

Zoesdare fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 12, 2020

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Cat stuff person here. I just lost my beautiful boy last month after 16 great years.

Got an amazing and much needed package from sharizard and a beautiful postcard from peeches.

Sorry for the bad capitalization. I had an IV this morning that bruised the poo poo out of my dominant hand.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Keetron I am glad to see that the mail is still getting through. I keep worrying, especially about the international post.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

I’m still at the same place as well. :)

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Sorry for the double post! Got some great stuff from Poo in an alleyway and Frontyard Ninja!

To all my US goons: I too feel the pain of not having a summer road trip. Unlike you, however, I also have a bunch of absolutely stupid postcards from the era of the Great American Road Trip that I hope got the people who designed them fired.

Because of these two things, I have just mailed out a round of postcards that commemorate things 70’s people thought were a good idea to mail pictures of to everyone. Please enjoy your image of motel, gas station, room in a museum, indecipherable sculpture, etc. I know it cannot fully make up for the road trip you are missing, but it can remind you what annoys you about them.

Zoesdare fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 27, 2020

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Kreyla, which one did you get? Most of them were 70’s motels my family stayed at on vacation back in the day. I tried to send everyone one that was not from near them.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Lol, it’s a gymnasium that gets covered in corn every year. So weird. Glad you enjoyed it!

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

I got much needed mail from Lamb and Keetron yesterday. Thank you both. It’s been rough here.

Keetron, please tell your wife that I was moved to tears by her message and gift, which I will treasure dearly.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Lamb, I'm glad you love the pen. I got my first one by total accident and I've been addicted to them for a few years now! Mail from Shrimpwhiskers yesterday.

Pixelante, there is a card for you in the mail. I can't wait to see that seal in action!

Anyone interested in more 70's road trip ephemera? I cannot tell you how much of this stuff I have. (a lot)

Edit: Then I actually took everything to the post box and there was a letter from Skels!

Zoesdare fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Sep 29, 2020

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Would anyone be interested in some fabric scraps? I sew and sometimes it is nice to get some little bits of randomness to mix it up and incorporate into other pieces. I've mostly just been sending out paper ephemera, but if anyone is interested in fabric scraps, trim, or fiber for fiber arts, let me know what your preferred medium is and I will send you some.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

I'll send you mine if you send me yours. :clint:

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Thanks Poo, 13Pandora13, Sharizard, Shrimpwhiskers im working on getting responses out.

Lamb- the hubbs is going to be Adam Maitland for Halloween tomorrow and he’s going to put the Betelgeis card in his handbook. Ty.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

I have a lot going on and am not sending out giant stacks of stuff right now, but I’m working through my responses to folks as I can.

Thanks to all for sending mail and making this year more bearable

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

lamb posted:

I assume all of my fellow mailgoons know about this already, but in case you don't venture into GBS, the Something Awful Secret Santa signups are live:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3946620

I've participated for about 5? 8? years now, and it's always a ton of fun.

Thanks for this. I had almost forgotten to sign up

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Hey all, sorry it’s been taking me a while to reply, but I’m working through. It’s been a hard year.

Lamb I love loved the card and winter cheer I got today. The ornament is already on my tree.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Hey all!

I’m 99% sure that house #3 is the one we are buying. Please still send me mail. Expect me to be mailing random odds and ends to you.

I will be forwarding my mail the day we close on the house, and will update my address here so any stragglers will reach me regardless of which address is on them.

Probably no thanksgiving cards from me this year as I will be moving and setting up house in November.

Also who are my sewing peeps? I’m cleaning out my fabric hoard.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

I sent Lamb my new address! We move next week but I’m forwarding my mail so at least through the end of the year I will get mail to either address!

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

I met my new mail person today and it did not go well. My real name should be on the sheet now, so if something addressed to my username bounces back, please use that.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Hey guys, I have a weird (ish?) request. Would any of you be willing to send me a postcard from your city/state and maybe include one thing you could recommend about it? Or not recommend about it? Or any random shower thoughts about your state.

I'm having major trouble with shipping an international package (the PRICE) and was thinking that collecting some small snippets and postcards from around the world might make a nice collage gift to an international goon.

I will happily reply to each person with a card/letter that doesn't cost my first born to mail out.

This is a weird long shot but just thought I'd ask.

Please DM me as well and I will send a piece of Arizona

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

If you get a card in the mail saying Happy February from me it’s because they all got lost in the shuffle and just got found

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Several of us do! It’s on the interests line of the list.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Hey all.

I know I’ve been bad about writing lately, it’s been a real struggle. My 95 year old grandmother isn’t doing the best. I’m actually staying at a hotel across from her assisted living this week to spend time with her while I still can.

All that said, I would really love letters with your uplifting or funny stories. Thanks to Pershing for the pm that made me smile this morning.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Sending Spooky Season cards this week- EXCEPT for international (from the US) goons who I’m waiting on postage for.

Bonus- USPS just dropped a new international stamp, so you’ll get your card later but with a fancy rear end Daisy on it.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Working on breaking my radio silence with a round of postcards. It’s been a struggle, but mail makes everything better.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Yay! I was worried it might not survive the trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

I’ve been drowning in work for a while now and have gotten behind on my letter writing, but I quit my job! So imagine my surprise when I was cleaning my work desk out and found a bunch of cards I wrote in FEBRUARY and never sent.

I’m sending a fresh round of postcards and some very belated February mail this week.