Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Goon mail?! Wonderful. Have made a couple of cards to mail out this weekend and have got the bug now to make more.

Not posting my address yet though as I'm going to be moving in a month. Hopefully after that, however, people will still be sending goodies.

Edit: Ready to roll!

Skels fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Dec 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Hey, glad you guys got the mail! Please don't feel like you have to reply immediately or anything, I'm just happy I could help brighten your days! No, really.

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Been absent from this thread for a while, but a belated thank you to the couple of people who sent me something. It WAS appreciated and enjoyed :)

Special mention to WWC who, knowing I've been having a hard time over Xmas, sent me TWO pieces of Goonmail. WWC, thanks for brightening my day again.

It's Australia Day next week, and to celebrate I'm sending some Aussie cheer out to some of you lucky foreigners. Even though I'm actually British...

Skels fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Dec 30, 2020

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Is it okay at send holiday mail after the holiday? Work is being a bastard and AusPost Office opening times are retarded.

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Sent out some packages of nonsense yesterday. Turns out my kitchen scales and the Post Office scales disaggree by 1g, and I had to pay double the postage! Asshats. Still - all in the name of fun :)

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
I had to fight to get my Goonmail today. It was 11pm when I remembered to check the postbox, so I braved the dark only to discover that a big ol' spider had set up web across some junk mail and a pretty little red envelope with heart stickers on it. My goonmail! I armed myself with a stick and battled my way through the sticky webbing to claim my prize.

A Valentine from Hemlock! It arrived in PLENTY of time :) Thank you!

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Thanks for the Valentine's Goonmail, WWC :glomp:

Now, where to spend my tiny replica Canadian dowwahs...

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Thanks for the Valentines and the recipe, Rufus En Fuego! I'm excited about Pudding Day.

Returning the favour very soon.

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
I -love- receiving Goonmail. Somehow it's always timed so well to pick me up after the shittiest days. Thank you to Lamb for today's envelope of joy and hearts. So so appreciated :)

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Team Lunch, your package of Irish/Americana arrived yesterday. Thank you! :D

I've just bought some more goonmail supplies, so going to be mailing out some stuff soon because this is truly awesome to be a part of.

I have a request though; I'm going through some housemate drama at the moment, and really need some Goony support and ideas for how to get through another 3 months of it. So if anyone can send words of support, housemate disaster kit items, good ideas for staying sane, or just gruesome comics of a couple meeting their ends at the pointy end of an ironing board, then the evil part of my brain can stay amused, and I might make the three months without flipping out.

If anyone can help me, my address is REMOVED. Will reply to any and all with stupid Australian crap or stuff I can steal from work. Borrow. I mean borrrow.

Now, where'd I put the colouring pens...?! :)

Skels fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Dec 30, 2020

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
I've been out of this thread forever, but Lamb sent me a heap of USA stuff the other day. Thanks Lamb - returning the favour very soon x

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
I got postcards from Lamb and Thermophonic Joy!

They both wished me a good summer!

It is winter here.

Thanks tho! :D

Skels
Jul 11, 2006

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Oh no... I didn't even think of that. Well, hopefully next summer is good. :buddy:

All good, I'm saving your good wishes up for when Spring officially arrives in 12 days :D

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Merry Christmas!

I've been away from here forever, but suddenly felt the urge to do some snail mail. Send things to me in Australia! :D I love postcards and letters.

Skels fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Dec 30, 2020

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
lamb, the Valentines was AWESOME. Thank you :D

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Hi everyone, so thrilled this is still going on! I've been craving some snail mail lately so jumping back on this wagon, if you don't mind.

I'll send out a few things this week, but if anyone would like to send a little letter to Australia, please do.

Skels fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Dec 30, 2020

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
My birthday is the day after Halloween. Just sayin'.

:cheeky:

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Yay! They arrived. Glad you like. :)

Making the crossword was fun. Don't know if filling it in was!!

- Skels

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Thank you to kreyla, obviously I hosed it, Beffah, and the lovely lamb for my Goonmail love!!! Receiving mail that isn't demanding bills, begging charities, or pap smear results is just a wonderful thing.

If I reply to everyone again does that make me a needy dork? Ah who cares - I'm replying to everyone.

x

Skels
Jul 11, 2006

kreyla posted:

Happy birthday goons!! Did anyone notice this excellent thread has been going for SIX YEARS?

I remember doing Goonmail when I lived back in the UK which is over 7 years ago now. Truly awesome.

Anyway just thought I'd swing by and say sorry for not checking in for so long. Thanks to Lamb, Kreyla and obviously I hosed it for sending me some G/love. I'm sending you guys something pretty fun in return this week. If I do say so myself.

Thank you all for making me smile!

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
I've been absent for SO LONG, but I'm thrilled to see everyone enjoying the mail exchange still.

Team lunch and Lamb, you've continued to send me stuff like freaking legends. I'm a terrible person for being so inactive, but I'm here now and in need of human contact so I'll be sending some stuff out over the next couple of weeks.

Throwing my address back into the mix:

Skels
415/3 Pymble Avenue
Pymble NSW 2073
Australia

My birthday is in November :)

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Thank you for the postcard, Zoesdare, and the letter, rear end-Penny. You replies are already on their way!!

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Hi guys. I have a request. In Australia Halloween isn't a big deal, but my birthday is the day after it, and I've always done something spooky to celebrate. I'd love to receive a few Halloween cards in the mail.

I'm decorating my apartment and having a very small costume party. Anything you can send will be proudly displayed.

And I will, of course, write you back!

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
I just received your letter, Zoesdare! And thanks too to Sharizard for the postcard. :)

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Thank you for the Halloween/Birthday cards, Lamb and 13Pandora13!

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Keetron and Shrimpwhiskers, thank you too for the Birthday and Halloween cards. Keetron's card arrived ages ago, but I'm a terrible person and I forgot to post.

I'm writing some replies tonight :)

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
I just received my first ever Thanksgiving card! Thanks, Zoesdare. It's so kitschy I love it. :dance:

I also got an awesome nautical postcard from Kafka's Goldfish. You need to get on the list so I can reply!

I hope all US-Goons are enjoying your Thanksgiving!

Skels fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 26, 2020

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
I am flush with Goonmail! Thanks, Keetron, for the entirely accurate depiction of an Australian Christmas. Had you have set the envelope on fire, it would have been Christmas 2019 for sure.

Thanks, rear end-penny for the letter. I will write you back soon!

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Stickyboi sent me a packet of antifacist stickers. Thank you, Stickyboi!

The area I'm in is rather... entitled... to put it politely. gently caress, there were stickers up last year in this area that said "white people are people too". If there are any left I can cover them properly now. Assuming I don't wuss out.

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
You know... if anyone wants to send wedding-related cards to Australia, I'm getting hitched to a fellow goon (lurker tho) on Feb 12th *hopeful grin*. It's an elopement-type thing, so we've only told our close families... and now strangers on the Internet!

Also thanks for the Krampus card, lamb. It arrived yesterday.

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Hi, you guys!

I'm well behind on my mail since moving house this year. But I wanted to say thank you to Lamb and Zoesdare for the recent Halloween mail!

Let's hope I can get my poo poo together to send some festive notes. Heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Thanks also to Pixelante, whose Canadian art just arrived today :tipshat: