Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Android Blues posted:

Those Goosebumps illustrations are sick as hell!

The Shocker On Shock Street is perfect for a comic adaptation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I guess spiders don't have bones so maybe this makes sense.

I like that one, although I have to ask does he actually have eyes where his ears are?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That boy, he has no rear end.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I'm pretty sure I don't like it because I have no idea how the momentum Spider-Boy clearly has is going to connect him to that wall that is, well, five inches from his face.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

goatface posted:

That boy, he has no rear end.

he's a child

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Flesh Forge posted:

I like that one, although I have to ask does he actually have eyes where his ears are?

That would be ridiculous

They're above his ears and on his forehead

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
In terms of ridiculous poses someone with Spider powers has been shown in, this one seems relatively tame. Like Larsen or McFarlane have definitely committed much more egregious crimes of human anatomy.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

erik larsen and todd mcfarlane know the correct way to draw a spider-man, yes

Alaois fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Nov 4, 2023

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Children do have surprisingly bendable bones

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.

I guess spiders don't have bones so maybe this makes sense.

Warsaw Gecko origin story:

THIS IS NOT GROWING BACK, I AM NOT REAL GECKO

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Beautiful stuff from Matteo Scalera in Batman: The Brave and the Bold #7.

A pretty rad Azrael from Jason Shawn Alexander in Detective Comics #1078.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 29, 2023

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Beautiful stuff from Matteo Scalera in Batman: The Brave and the Bold #7.

I always love art that makes great use of contrast like this. A lot of comic book art is almost entirely focused on contours rather than light and shadow but the approach shown above I think is so much more dynamic. There's not really a line AROUND anything

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I think there's an argument for Batman's cape but the line around the bottom is really negative space.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Green Lantern #22 (1946)
Pencils/Inks: Marty Nodell
Colors: ?

Haunted #56 (1981)
Pencils/Inks: Tom Sutton
Colors: ?

Resident Evil: Code: Veronica #1 (2002)
Pencils/Inks/Colors: Hui King Sum

The Thanos Imperative: Devastation #1 (2011)
Pencils/Inks: Miguel Sepulveda
Colors: Rain Beredo

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II #2 (2023)
Pencils/Inks: Dan Mora
Colors: Raśl Angulo

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II #4 (2023)

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II #5 (2023)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dan Mora rules

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Darthemed posted:

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II #5 (2023)
Colors: Raúl Angulo

Love a good Action Comics 1 ref

E: also that comic looks dope as hell

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Tiny Nazis!

Thunderbolts (vol. 5) #1

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

That is some botched-rear end perspective alright. The two heroes who are talking to each other literally switch sizes in the first two panels.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I dunno, I think the dynamic composition makes up for the perspective weirdness. It's really only the row of guys in the middle distance who look too small, and I think you could make the basic layout of the figures work fine if you added some contrast to communicate the depth better. The fact that the floor has relatively even value and the way the shadows fall makes it look like they're about six feet from the lady in front, which is what it makes it weird.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

From Bloodrik #1 by Andrew Krahnke.

Would recommend!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Keen Detective Comics #2 (1939)
Pencils/Inks: Jack Cole

Fantastic Four #142 (1974)
Pencils: Rich Buckler
Inks: Joe Sinnott
Colors: Petra Goldberg

Fantastic Four #143 (1974)
Pencils: Rich Buckler
Inks: Frank Giacoia
Colors: Petra Goldberg

Ragman: Cry of the Dead #3 (1993)
Pencils/Inks: Gabriel Morrissette
Colors: Richmond Johnston

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The new cover by John Cassaday is uh...

https://twitter.com/maguirekevin/status/1733775674597638318?s=20

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Joe Sinnott is such a great inker.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

BiggerBoat posted:

Joe Sinnott is such a great inker.

Don't know enough about inking to say why but that is a great page.

It reminds me, does anyone else not like when a comic book panel has a character reacting "wrong" to a punch? That page is exactly what I'd expect but sometimes I'll see a character throw a right hook but the other person's head will snap to their left. It's not satisfying, doesn't feel correct.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
I have only seen these two pages but I want Darkoth the Death Demon to be a major character again.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

From Bloodrik #1 by Andrew Krahnke.

Would recommend!

Everything eventually devolves into Shirtless Bear Fighter.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Greg Land's art in today's Original X-Men wasn't awful for the most part, but he saved this for the final page:

Trying to place the trace...Timothy Olyphant maybe?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Writers go one page without saying that Wolverine is the best at what he does challenge (impossible)

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Writers go one page without saying that Wolverine is the best at what he does challenge (impossible)

What he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Well whattaya want em to do, lie?

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Can someone more educated in figure drawing/anatomy explain why Wolverine looks like he's a dwarf/midget/little person? Like, there's no background to give me a size reference, but dude looks like he's all of 3' 6" for some reason. I know he's supposed to be short by hero standards but not that short.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Heads too big for the size of the torso/shoulders, no neck, and the arms appear too short due to bad foreshortening.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Can someone more educated in figure drawing/anatomy explain why Wolverine looks like he's a dwarf/midget/little person? Like, there's no background to give me a size reference, but dude looks like he's all of 3' 6" for some reason. I know he's supposed to be short by hero standards but not that short.

I think it's because of how many heads tall he looks. The perspective is wonky, but it's also about two heads to his groin, and most figure drawing is about 4 heads to the groin. So instead of being like 7 heads tall he's only like 4.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Well, for one, I can't tell if the artist was attempting foreshortening or just... shortening. Normally if limbs are squished like that it's for perspective reasons because they are coming right at us but it's not obvious that Wolverine is striking towards the reader or he's doing that Judd Nelson freeze frame fist bump at the end of The Breakfast Club.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

No part of his arm appears to overlap, nor does it get bigger as it comes towards us, so either it's pointing up and is weirdly short with no shoulder muscles, or it's an attempt at perspective with the kind of mistakes that literal beginners make, like the most absurdly amateur composition that no professional artist should ever be permitted to make.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wolverine looks like he's a dwarf/midget/little person?
but Wolverine is a dwarf/midget/little person

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

bowmore posted:

but Wolverine is a dwarf/midget/little person

He's Prince, not Peter Dinklage.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

He's Prince, not Peter Dinklage.

according to The Stats, James "Logan" Howlett is 5' 3" so physique wise he should always be drawn like Muggsy Bogues imo

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Maybe Puck is just wearing a Wolverine costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
New Year's lettering batch, ahoy.

Keen Detective Funnies #3 (1939)
Letters: ?

House of Mystery #80 (1958)